Sign in to follow this  
nonstopfan

2019 NFL Preseason Games - Week 3 Discussion

Looks like nobody is playing for the Bears. We should get to see a lot of Daniel Jones, Josh Allen, and Josh Rosen tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Where is Montgomery?? 

Bears didn't play any starters. Bummer for us, but smart of them. 

2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

boring games.  everyone interesting is sitting,

Blaine Gabbert to Bobo Wilson doesn't get you excited?

• Like 2

These Miami local announcers are awful. Commentary was something like "Rosen was really impressive and he did this and that and threw the ball!"

3 minutes ago, devaster said:

These Miami local announcers are awful. Commentary was something like "Rosen was really impressive and he did this and that and threw the ball!"

Is it Griese on the team. He's hilariously bad. I think he's usually on radio though. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Is it Griese on the team. He's hilariously bad. I think he's usually on radio though. 

I'm not sure who the old guy is, but he says a lot of really dumb remarks. Jason Taylor I think is the other guy and he is good.

BREAKiNG NEWS

Rosen still sucks. 

6 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

BREAKiNG NEWS

Rosen still sucks. 

Crappy weather, both starting rbs out and his best OL.  Preston Williams also had a TD overturned because his foot was just barely out of bounds.  Oh, and this OL sucks.  I guess if you're simply looking at the box score, you might could say that.  But to me, 10/18 for 102 yards isn't that bad considering all that.  Oh, and Fitz came in and went 3/9 for 20 yards.  

• Like 2

Nagy basically sat his starters through all of preseason last year too. The guy is vying for the Mike ShanahanFantasy anti-Christ trophy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Nagy basically sat his starters through all of preseason last year too. The guy is vying for the Mike ShanahanFantasy anti-Christ trophy

I approve of it. Everyone who drafts early is super glad ARob, Monty, Tru, Miller, Burton aren't risking injury in meaningless games. 

Brissett looks really solid, if he ends up starting games for Indy, I do not thing it downgrades (significantly) the value of any of the Colts weapons.

• Like 1

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Brissett looks really solid, if he ends up starting games for Indy, I do not thing it downgrades (significantly) the value of any of the Colts weapons.

I agree. He looked awesome. Avoided pass rushers, made throws under pressure, and hit guys in stride. I've always seen him as a good backup, but he looked like an NFL starter out there. 

Also, I don't think we have to worry about Doyle and Funchess hurting Ebron, he looks like he'll continue to be a beast in the red zone. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I agree. He looked awesome. Avoided pass rushers, made throws under pressure, and hit guys in stride. I've always seen him as a good backup, but he looked like an NFL starter out there. 

Also, I don't think we have to worry about Doyle and Funchess hurting Ebron, he looks like he'll continue to be a beast in the red zone. 

I like Brissett a lot too but didn’t TY Hilton have something like 8 games under 30 yards without Luck?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I like Brissett a lot too but didn’t TY Hilton have something like 8 games under 30 yards without Luck?

Fair point. Things went south last time Luck was out. It was definitely a better looking JB though. It's preseason, so take it with a grain of salt. 

• Thanks 1

Fair to say Brissett starting will affect Mack less than TY with that stout o-line? Inquiring minds want to know....

1 minute ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Fair to say Brissett starting will affect Mack less than TY with that stout o-line? Inquiring minds want to know....

Mack had 7 carries for 10 yards.  Ouch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

lol, thanks but we dont over react to preseason right?

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

But OBJ has zero catches thus far.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Not trying to make excuses, but this particular Colts teams is just so different. Brissett came over very late in the preseason and had next to no time to learn the playbook, plus that was the worst line in the NFL, he was running for his life and getting crushed--now it seems like one of the better units in the NFL.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think Brissett has had some nice games and obviously some bad ones but it is amazing the difference a good O line can make.

How does the O line look today? Not near a TV.

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think Brissett has had some nice games and obviously some bad ones but it is amazing the difference a good O line can make.

How does the O line look today? Not near a TV.

Adequate, I guess. I know Nelson is out. Not sure if any other starters were out.

The line should be strong when the games actually matter though. 

36 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Not trying to make excuses, but this particular Colts teams is just so different. Brissett came over very late in the preseason and had next to no time to learn the playbook, plus that was the worst line in the NFL, he was running for his life and getting crushed--now it seems like one of the better units in the NFL.

Yep.  He was added to the Colts one week before the first game.  

I'd like to know what to make of the Titans QB situation. And whether or not Corey Davis will see improved consistency this season.