Sign in to follow this  
nonstopfan

2019 NFL Preseason Games - Week 3 Discussion

Williams was in for the 1st series with the 1's and it ended quickly. Only 5 plays and 1 target/touch. He is still clearly running as the starting QB. Hyde came in for the next few series and Mahomes bowed out after the 2nd series.

Darwin isn't a threat. Hyde fumbled and lost the ball in the 2nd series.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Yup, he's on the box score

He’s not showing up on the box score I’m looking at. Did he get a carry?

edit: nvm just saw the above post.

Edited by smeeze

1 hour ago, ponza88 said:

Henderson will shoot up the draft boards after tonight's game. 

Book it.

#hearditherefirst

spacer.png

Sell me on Henderson, hopefully better then that hero above sell's shoes. I've seen Kamara comps but also Chris Thompson who Mcvay coordinated in Washington.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Haven’t been able to see the game. How has JuJu looked?

Doesn't matter. Big Ben didn't play.

Let's go RAMS!!!!!

36 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Pollard with a impressive first drive

The boy can ball. Stay away Zeke, we Pollard owners don’t mind!

1 hour ago, elroypedro said:

Williams played a series and came out. Some starters stayed in for another series.

And James Washington again looks like the best WR in Pitt

Diontae Johnson is right there. I don't know who the odd man out is between Moncrief/Washington/Johnson.

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Diontae Johnson is right there. I don't know who the odd man out is between Moncrief/Washington/Johnson.

At this point can't we finally give up on Moncrief.  Keep reading about his talent and how he's a sleeper every year.  With no results

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, youngrice said:

At this point can't we finally give up on Moncrief.  Keep reading about his talent and how he's a sleeper every year.  With no results

Agree donte is odd man out...

15 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Not yet. His experience likely gives him a leg up for a starting job. 

10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Not yet. His experience likely gives him a leg up for a starting job. 

Experience being a roster clog... dudes never gotten it done... guess he could just provide depth...

On 8/15/2019 at 6:03 PM, The 7th Beatles said:

Also RIP to the Booger mobile

Image result for booger mobile gif

Gone but never forgotten.

He's still doing games. He has the most annoying voice besides Dan Fouts.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, Brownsfan74 said:

Agree.  I think the things you do look out for in preseason are -

1. Player usage in the 2nd and especially the 3rd preseason game.  Regardless of the depth chart, you will see who the starters are and whether it looks like a timeshare.

2. How the rookies look.

The rest is just anxiety producing stuff.  These are all small sample sizes in the preseason.  They only play a few series, or at most a half.  I mean, take last year's Superbowl.  If that game happened during the preseason, with both teams playing their starters all game, we would all be fading the Rams and Pats offenses.

I don't even know if the third preseason game will give us much info this year. Teams are really cutting back the playing time. 

I remember the lions going 4-0 in preseason and then going 0-16 in the regular season. The Ravens have won something like 15 preseason games in a row. Way too much over reaction.

That being said I think Tanner Hudson could be a top 3 TE and I'm wondering if Joe Webb might beat out Deshawn Watson for the starting QB job.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I don't even know if the third preseason game will give us much info this year. Teams are really cutting back the playing time. 

I remember the lions going 4-0 in preseason and then going 0-16 in the regular season. The Ravens have won something like 15 preseason games in a row. Way too much over reaction.

That being said I think Tanner Hudson could be a top 3 TE and I'm wondering if Joe Webb might beat out Deshawn Watson for the starting QB job.

I didn't know that, the special coach Hue Jackson also accomplished that in 2017.

3 hours ago, mongidig said:

He's still doing games. He has the most annoying voice besides Dan Fouts.

I think Booger is solid in the booth. His counterpart, on the other hand, is the most annoying voice in the business. Tough for me to hate anyone more than Buck, but I do.

19 hours ago, elroypedro said:

Williams played a series and came out. Some starters stayed in for another series.

And James Washington again looks like the best WR in Pitt

Washington sure looked good playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He's still operating as the number four WR, at best. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Washington sure looked good playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He's still operating as the number four WR, at best. 

He might be, but there is a good chance we see more of Washington with the starters next week. He continues to dominate the competition regardless of who he is playing with. Looks good this preseason. Moncrief had a costly fumble in the game. Washington might move into the #3 or #2 receiver role.

19 minutes ago, devaster said:

He might be, but there is a good chance we see more of Washington with the starters next week. He continues to dominate the competition regardless of who he is playing with. Looks good this preseason. Moncrief had a costly fumble in the game. Washington might move into the #3 or #2 receiver role.

Agreed. Moncrief vs. Washington is one of the most interesting positional battles. One is a JAG who has more experience, the other is full of potential. Might be Moncrief to start the season, but it seems like a fluid depth chart. 

Meanwhile, Justin Jackson is getting more work, and running better than Ekeler. Small sample size, but this is another intriguing battle. 

7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Agreed. Moncrief vs. Washington is one of the most interesting positional battles. One is a JAG who has more experience, the other is full of potential. Might be Moncrief to start the season, but it seems like a fluid depth chart. 

Meanwhile, Justin Jackson is getting more work, and running better than Ekeler. Small sample size, but this is another intriguing battle. 

If Gordon were to miss time I still think it will be a heavy rotation involving Ekeler. Ekeler does things catching the ball that Jackson doesn't and he brings a reliable presence to the backfield. I still like Ekeler the most in PPR leagues.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

If Gordon were to miss time I still think it will be a heavy rotation involving Ekeler. Ekeler does things catching the ball that Jackson doesn't and he brings a reliable presence to the backfield. I still like Ekeler the most in PPR leagues.

But you get Jackson 4-5 rounds later with IMO, more upside.

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

But you get Jackson 4-5 rounds later with IMO, more upside.

In standard? Sure. PPR leagues? Give me Ekeler.