Sign in to follow this  
nonstopfan

2019 NFL Preseason Games - Week 3 Discussion

14 minutes ago, devaster said:

If Gordon were to miss time I still think it will be a heavy rotation involving Ekeler. Ekeler does things catching the ball that Jackson doesn't and he brings a reliable presence to the backfield. I still like Ekeler the most in PPR leagues.

FWIW, in the game Gordon played, but Ekeler missed last year, Jackson had 7 receptions on 10 targets while playing the Ekeler role.

If Gordon misses time, I think it's going to be 50-50 with both guys doing a bit of everything. There's a narrative on Rotoworld that Ekeler is the more versatile back, but both guys are really similar. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Washington sure looked good playing against 3rd and 4th stringers. He's still operating as the number four WR, at best. 

You must not have watched the game. KC starting D was in for first few Washington drives and impressive catches.

7 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

You must not have watched the game. KC starting D was in for first few Washington drives and impressive catches.

Fair enough. But he still wasn't playing with the first team Steelers offense. When you're behind Moncrief, a rookie, and Eli Rogers, that's not a good sign. He's definitely doing everything he can to flip the depth chart though. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Fair enough. But he still wasn't playing with the first team Steelers offense. When you're behind Moncrief, a rookie, and Eli Rogers, that's not a good sign. He's definitely doing everything he can to flip the depth chart though. 

Yes he is, and the original point is that even with what he has been working with, he has looked like the best player on the field on either side of the ball for the Steelers. He isn’t, but he sure has looked it consistently over 2 games and a bunch of targets. He’s clearly on another level than Moncrief and D Johnson and Rogers and Switzer, and it isn’t even a close comparison as of now. Steelers would do well to start their best players

Edited by elroypedro

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

He looks MUCH better than Moncrief so far. I wouldn't consider Moncrief the locked in 2 by any means.

Charissa Thompson has a ring on her ring finger 

7 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Charissa Thompson has a ring on her ring finger 

Probably marrying Aaron Rodgers. 

Mixed reviews for Mattison and that offensive line on first drive. On the last play of the first drive, they almost got Cousins killed. lol

Looks like all Seahawks starters are playing. Seahawks don't seem to be holding anything back. Zone reads, play action. Jaron Brown two targets on first drive.

17 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Looks like all Seahawks starters are playing. Seahawks don't seem to be holding anything back. Zone reads, play action. Jaron Brown two targets on first drive.

Lockett getting targeted a bunch as well, but I feel like teams are going to game plan against him. I could see him getting doubled up throughout the season

• Like 1

Thielen two deep bombs already. The first connected and the other was defensive pass interference. If they consistently use him like this he is being a bit undervalued. 

Carson runs hard. Teams wont be able to tackle this guy for four quarters.

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Thielen two deep bombs already. The first connected and the other was defensive pass interference. If they consistently use him like this he is being a bit undervalued. 

Carson runs hard. Teams wont be able to tackle this guy for four quarters.

He’s just a really solid running back. He sees the hole, and smashes it. Penny seems too timid a lot of the time. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He’s just a really solid running back. He sees the hole, and smashes it. Penny seems too timid a lot of the time. 

Carson also lead the league in creating missed tackles last year. Dude's a stud. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Agreed. Moncrief vs. Washington is one of the most interesting positional battles. One is a JAG who has more experience, the other is full of potential.

• Moncrief:  6'2", 4.40 40
  • Washington:  5'11", 4.54 40

Moncrief has more potential.

Edited by Nap Time
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, jnormy said:

No DK Metcalf tonight?

No sore leg or something 

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

No sore leg or something 

Quite.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042659/article/seahawks-rookie-dk-metcalf-to-have-knee-surgery

Seattle coach Pete Carroll told reporters Sunday that Metcalf needs surgery on his knee. Carroll didn't offer a definitive timetable for the dynamic athlete's return but said he would likely know more after the procedure, which is planned for Tuesday.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:00 PM, devaster said:

Tannehill has looked good. Injury history is always an issue, but it is not different with Mariota. Tannehill looks like the much better thrower and always has compared to Mariota. I think Tannehill ends up winning the job in the pre-season. Vrabel doesn't care about draft status.

Mariota seems to always be a tick off in his timing when throwing the ball. I think this will be Tannehill's job for sure at some point.

5 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Mariota seems to always be a tick off in his timing when throwing the ball. I think this will be Tannehill's job for sure at some point.

Might be as early as week 1.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Might be as early as week 1.

I hope so, I took Corey Davis

I’ve always wanted to believe in Mariota, but Tannehill(even though he is replacement level) would instantly give some life and fantasy value to the WRs in Tennessee again right?

14 minutes ago, mongidig said:

3 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

I’ve always wanted to believe in Mariota, but Tannehill(even though he is replacement level) would instantly give some life and fantasy value to the WRs in Tennessee again right?

I think Mariota isn't a very sound QB from a technical perspective.  He seems to have issues with his footwork, which doesn't allow him to step into the ball on a lot of his throws so the ball doesn't seem to snap out of his hands like you see with other starting QBs.  He "pushes" the ball, while other QBs throw.  I think Tannehill is a better thrower and more of a prototypical NFL QB.  Mariota has the better wheels of course.  Mariota is on the last year of his rookie contract.  I'm guessing that he will be let go after the season unless he somehow wows them.  But pretty much at this point of your career, you are what you are, with only a few exceptions.  If I owned a Tennessee pass catcher, I'd be hoping for Tannehill to win the job.