ItsMeMario

IDP start up dynasty trade question

Posted (edited)

I have the whole Patriots roster and we draft all the NFC guys we have a salary cap of 190 million

Do you think trading Dont'a Hightower for a 7th + 8th round draft pick in start up is fair value ? Remember its only NFC guys we draft so less player pool

**** Each franchise roster limit is set at a maximum of 63 players. Eligible players on the Injured reserve list do not count against the franchise roster limit.

Each franchise roster will consist of a 46 man roster, a 53 man roster and a 10 man practice squad.

The 46 man roster is as follows: 
(46 man Offence) 1-QB, 1-RB, 3-WR, 1-TE

(46 man Defense) 2-DE, 1-DT, 4-LB, 2-CB, 2-S

(46 man Kicking) 1-K
(46 man Punting) 1-P
(46 man Bench) 27-any combination of: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DE, DT, LB, CB, S & P with 11 of the 27-any combination must be DE, DT, LB, CB, S ****

Edited by ItsMeMario

2 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

Remember its only NFC guys we draft so less player pool

You have confused me before with this, and I am still confused. If it's only NFC, then why do you have the Patriots?

2 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

Do you think trading Dont'a Hightower for a 7th + 8th round draft pick in start up is fair value ?

There is generally no need to draft IDP in the 7th round, never mind Hightower. So if you get a 7th and 8th round pick, then I would click YES as fast as I can.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

You have confused me before with this, and I am still confused. If it's only NFC, then why do you have the Patriots?

There is generally no need to draft IDP in the 7th round, never mind Hightower. So if you get a 7th and 8th round pick, then I would click YES as fast as I can.

The league setting is this

I have the Patriots roster that I need to trim down to 30-35 players Salary cap is 190 mil. We then have a 35 rounds draft ... 

The GM from the AFC draft NFC guys and the GM from the NFC draft the AFC guys ... essentially we are a 32 teams league but the only time we face respective league is in the Superbowl

Essentially a 7th round pick is like a 14 rounds pick because all the guys from the AFC conference are already own by their respective team. I know it's confusing lol

II. League Franchises

The league will have 32 franchises divided into an American Conference and a National Conference with each league having 4 divisions consisting of 4 franchises each. The league will use two player pools, one player pool for the American Conference and one player pool for the National Conference.

American Conference
EAST
Buffalo Bills Franchise
Miami Dolphins Franchise
New England Patriots Franchise
New York Jets Franchise

NORTH
Baltimore Ravens Franchise
Cincinnati Bengles Franchise
Cleveland Browns Franchise
Pittsburgh Steelers Franchise

SOUTH
Houston Texans Franchise
Indianapolis Colts Franchise
Jacksonville Jaguars Franchise
Tennessee Titans Franchise

WEST
Denver Broncos Franchise
Kansas City Chiefs Franchise
Las Vegas Raiders Franchise
Los Angeles Chargers Franchise

National Conference
EAST
Dallas Cowboys Franchise
New York Giants Franchise
Philadelphia Eagles Franchise
Washington Redskins Franchise

NORTH
Chicago Bears Franchise
Detroit Lions Franchise
Green Bay Packers Franchise
Minnesota Vikings Franchise

SOUTH
Atlanta Falcons Franchise
Carolina Panthers Franchise
New Orleans Saints Franchise
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Franchise

WEST
Arizona Cardinals Franchise
Los Angeles Rams Franchise
San Francisco 49ers Franchise
Seattle Seahawks Franchise

4 hours ago, ItsMeMario said:

I have the whole Patriots roster

28 minutes ago, LivingOnTheEdge said:

I have the Patriots roster

CriminalMediumBison-size_restricted.gif

Is that your alter ego speaking or are there 2 leagues with this insanely complex scheme? :D

Anyway, I'm not sure I can answer anything useful here. You had already posted the entire rulebook here earlier, and even that didn't really make it any clearer. Just start playing and accept that you make mistakes, I think. 

21 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

CriminalMediumBison-size_restricted.gif

Is that your alter ego speaking or are there 2 leagues with this insanely complex scheme? :D

Anyway, I'm not sure I can answer anything useful here. You had already posted the entire rulebook here earlier, and even that didn't really make it any clearer. Just start playing and accept that you make mistakes, I think. 

Yeah its my other account lol ... But for the early IDP it makes sense what you say so ill probably accept the deal

• Like 1