Excellent117

Who to keep? (0.5 PPR) - WHIR 100%

Posted (edited)

It’s a 10-team, 1 QB/1 OP, 0.5 PPR league with two keepers. I will be picking #8 in the draft. Alvin Kamara is going to be my first keeper. Who should I keep between the following?:

Nick Chubb, Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas, and Aaron Rodgers.

We can keep a player forever, and there is no specific round assigned to any player (everyone has to keep two, which just acts as the first two rounds of the draft). 

As always, post a link to your question at the end of your response and I’ll return the favor. A lengthier, more supported answer will result in a more substantial response in return. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Excellent117
Changing 12 to 10

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Excellent117 said:

1 QB/1 OP, 0.5 PPR league with two keepers.

I had to look that up; it's a ESPN term for Superflex, right?

if your league is set for individual QB players, you would be able to place your starting QB (Tom Brady for example) in the QB roster slot AND you could place your backup QB (David Garrard) in the Offensive Player Utility slot.

Then the answer is easy. Rodgers.

BTW: how old is that FAQ on ESPN? David Garrard?? :D

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

I had to look that up; it's a ESPN term for Superflex, right?

Yes, OP = Superflex. Thanks for the response.

Superflex does make it change from Thomas or Hill to Rodgers. I hate giving those WR up but you have to get stud QB in that format.

• Like 1

I think you have to keep Rogers as well, long shelf life.  Backs are pretty dynamic year over year and Chubb has hunt waiting in wings, while WR has longer shelf, Rodgers till the pick

• Like 1

Gotta go Rodgers, but if you're not feeling that I'd keep hill. Brees is getting old and we play longer then rbs

• Like 1

If you had an earlier pick & could get Rodgers in the draft, I would say keep Hill. But with #8, think you need to keep Rodgers. Thanks for mine & good luck!

• Like 1

All help returned. Thanks all. Any other thoughts?

I'm honestly surprised with all of the Rodgers answers, even in a Superflex format. He was at the bottom of my consideration list prior to this. 

I agree with most, Rodgers for sure, and Kamara!

• Like 1

Sorry for my delayed response - out of town the past few days - but if a response still has any value, I'll err on siding with the consensus. I've never played in a 2 QB/OP league so I don't fully understand the value of the QB position.

With that said, it's no secret that this year is insanely deep. I think there's a ton of guys that will produce starter numbers - Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen could both be monsters if they run anywhere close to as well as they did last year; Cousins and Dak should both have nice bounce back years; Trubisky could break out. The list really goes on and on - but again, I've never played in a 2 QB league. 

• Like 1