Sign in to follow this  
LoGo

Logan Webb - SP, SFO

Potentially getting the call for a start Saturday (8/17).

6'2", 220

Born: 11/18/96

From 2080 Prospects:

Large frame, wide and muscular build, durable look.

Abbreviated semi-windup, starts side-saddle; effort throughout, heavy tilt to clear arm, backside swings around hard and pulls off-line after release. Hooked arm-circle, inverted-w, recoil after 3/4 slot.

MLB ETA Present Role Future Role Role Description Risk
2020 P 55 Mid-Rotation Starter High
Pitch Present Future Sitting Range Comments
Overall Fastball Value 45 55 Projects to have an above-avg sinker w/ heavy life and mid-90s velo if he can improve command.
Fastball Velocity 60 60 93-94 92-97 Plus arm-strength, touches 97 on best bolts. Strong-bodied guy who holds 93-94 all game and won't wear down.
Fastball Movement 50 55 Heavy FB that bores in hard to armside. Shows above-avg life when delivery is timed and he gets downhill, something he can do more w/ mechanical refinement.
Fastball Command 40 45 Effort in delivery limits present command. Scatters the zone, will always rely on velo to get away w/ his spots. Ceiling in rotation hinges on delivery/command improvements.
Curveball 45 45 74-75 74-77 Wrinkles in a show-me curve as a second look breaker. Usable mix pitch.
Slider 45 55 83 82-85 Best off-speed, sharp SL w/ late show and two-plane depth. Flashes like an out pitch at best, chance to get there w/ more refinement.
ChangeUp 45 55 85 84-88 Improved as season went on. Best ones have good sell and separation, showing armside dive. Inconsistent at times, still floats it occasionally.
Control 40 50 Primary pitches are sinker and slider. Fights bouts of wildness now and can be vulnerable to the free pass. Needs to iron out delivery in order to improve control.
Attribute Present Future
Delivery Below Average Average
Athleticism Average Average
Pitchability Average Average
Mound Presence Average Average

From San Fran Fansided site:

The 22-year-old was taken in the fourth round of the 2014 draft and signed to an above-slot $600,000 bonus. He made his Single-A debut in 2016, but suffered an arm injury that required Tommy John surgery, and it was not until last season that he was finally back to full strength.

With that return to health came a breakout performance. In 104.2 innings between High-A and Double-A, he posted a 2.41 ERA and 1.25 WHIP with 100 strikeouts.

A strong start to the 2019 season was brought to a screeching halt when he was slapped with an 80-game suspension after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance. He was reinstated at the end of July and he has quickly picked up where he left off.

All told, Webb has posted a 1.85 ERA and 1.17 WHIP with 69 strikeouts in 63.1 innings on the year across 4 minor league levels (R, A-, AA, AAA)

• Thanks 3

I like him in deeper formats. SF starter always has my attention, kinda like SD back in the day. I liked Conner Menez too, but Webb has always been considered a better prospect than him.

• Like 1

Getting some attention. Most added in Yahoo today. 12 teamers can't risk waiting long.

Is he better than Brandon McKay?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, midlip said:

Is he better than Brandon McKay?

As a prospect? No. This year in the majors ? I dunno probably . If we’re setting the bar at 5.0 era I’m taking the under. I also think people are way to prematurely writing off McKay. He’s only had 7 starts in the majors. He’s in the AL east and his xFip is 4.02 which is very decent for a rookie, certainly not a huge fantasy asset at the moment.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

On my phone so cant link the tweet but he’s with the big league club and is “lined up to start tomorrow”, per blue checkmarks out of SF

Edited by crotchcrickets

1 hour ago, crotchcrickets said:

On my phone so cant link the tweet but he’s with the big league club and is “lined up to start tomorrow”, per blue checkmarks out of SF

He wouldn't be with them if he wasn't getting called up, so that makes it seem extremely likely.  Not an awful matchup either, even if Arizona has some pretty good hitters mixed in (obviously Marte).

• Like 1