dudewithabadcat

Will Dissly 2019 Outlook

Let's think about this.  Doug Baldwin is gone.  Russell Wilson's only real target option is Tyler Lockett (for now).  Plus, the team loves to run the ball.  Okay, so there are a ton of targets to share.  Sounds like Wilson trusts Dissly.  Oh...typically you keep your TE out on the field in a run heavy offense...hmmm.....  Sounds like there is gonna be a ton of opportunity for Dissly to get back exactly where he left off last year - if so, this could be one of the biggest steals of the draft.  

David Moore is the pass catching option you want, if you want a Seattle pass catcher. 

• Like 1

Dissly might not even start :

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar reports Seahawks TE Jacob Hollister has "been as impressive as anyone on the roster" catching passes in training camp.

Hollister was acquired from the Patriots for a 2020 seventh-rounder back on draft weekend. Will Dissly is coming back from a serious knee injury, and Ed Dickson needs minor knee surgery. Dissly has looked good in his return, but Hollister is a legitimate athlete in the pass game. Dugar believes Hollister has a chance to earn the No. 1 job. Hollister is 6'4/245 and was a big-time vertical threat in college at Wyoming with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Dissly might not even start :

The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar reports Seahawks TE Jacob Hollister has "been as impressive as anyone on the roster" catching passes in training camp.

Hollister was acquired from the Patriots for a 2020 seventh-rounder back on draft weekend. Will Dissly is coming back from a serious knee injury, and Ed Dickson needs minor knee surgery. Dissly has looked good in his return, but Hollister is a legitimate athlete in the pass game. Dugar believes Hollister has a chance to earn the No. 1 job. Hollister is 6'4/245 and was a big-time vertical threat in college at Wyoming with Josh Allen throwing him the ball.

I saw Hollister on the roster...didn't see this blurb.  I was hot on Hollister last year (jokingly) but he has skill.  I think the most likely course of action is Hollister is used as a TE/WR vs. a straight TE.  Gives the Seahawks different looks.  

This is all jacking me up. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat

Are we still ignoring the writing on the wall here?  There is literally no one to throw to in this offense other than Lockett....I see some nice TE performances coming out of Seattle. 

23 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Are we still ignoring the writing on the wall here?  There is literally no one to throw to in this offense other than Lockett....I see some nice TE performances coming out of Seattle. 

DK

Moore 

Ursua and Jennings also are interesting (not in fantasy). Are these players great? No but “literally no one to throw to” is wrong. Seattle WRs have been quite surprising this offseason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

DK

Moore 

Ursua and Jennings also are interesting (not in fantasy). Are these players great? No but “literally no one to throw to” is wrong. Seattle WRs have been quite surprising this offseason. 

DK injured

Moore injured

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

DK injured

Moore injured

DK expected to be back for the start of the season. 

Moore is still unknown. He will be out for the start but Seahawks aren’t saying much.  

So there’s that. Again, the young core has actually been quite good. The targets have to go somewhere but I doubt Dissly will be the main recipient of them. 

Dissly and Metcalf are going to ball out while the little guys ( Ursua and Lockett) keep the DB's busy.

Dissly is a good sleeper.

Week 2: 5 targets, 5 receptions, 50 yards, 2 td's = impressive.  He's looking like my top waiver wire claim this week as I need help since OJ Howard is giving me nothing.

This is happening again.  I dropped him after Week 1 thinking he was going to be injured....man...nice blow up.  Dissly was a major part of this offense for three games last season.  Not sure if he is injury prone but I think this Seahawks offense passes more when he is in there.  He is a must add in all leagues, just my humble opinion.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

Is Dissly a TE1 ROS?

No, but I think he will have a bunch of good weeks.

Didn't run a ton of routes but was targeted nicely on his routes. Russell Wilson targets are worth 2x as much as Baker Mayfield targets. Hence why volume isn't always an issue with RW

I think that Dissly will be a low-end te1 the rest of the season.  He won't be consistent but he'll have some blowup weeks.

16 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I think that Dissly will be a low-end te1 the rest of the season.  He won't be consistent but he'll have some blowup weeks.

I see his floor being around 10-12 points per game.  5 catches and 50 yards seems like a reasonable week to week with this guy.  I want to say that there is some quotes from the OC stating that Dissly being in the lineup "makes him more at ease" and (this might be where I am exaggerating) "opens up the offense).  He is a serious talent and Russ is targeting him a lot when he is on the field.  Let's just hope he stays on the field. 

15 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I see his floor being around 10-12 points per game.  

So he's the best TE in fantasy football now?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

So he's the best TE in fantasy football now?

I would say he hits his floor more often than not.  As I mentioned, I am super high on this guy.  I could see him crack the Top 5 ROS. 

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I would say he hits his floor more often than not.  As I mentioned, I am super high on this guy.  I could see him crack the Top 5 ROS. 

"more often than not" being 50% of the time...  Dude had 1pt in week 1.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

"more often than not" being 50% of the time...  Dude had 1pt in week 1.

Left the game as a precaution because of his knee.  So, I would throw that out.  He had two targets on the first two drives I believe.  He was poised to have a day. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Just curious, what are the reasons for him being that high on your board? He is coming off of a major injury. Do you think his snap percentage will increase next week? TE is super thin right now so I am hoping I struck gold with him. I am not expecting 2 tds again in one game, but hoping he can give a consistent 10 points.