dudewithabadcat

Will Dissly 2019 Outlook

There are only a few TEs giving 10+ avg per week and I wouldn't count on some of them continuing. Dissly's floor is not 10 pts!  But if avail I would have grabbed

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

Just curious, what are the reasons for him being that high on your board? He is coming off of a major injury. Do you think his snap percentage will increase next week? TE is super thin right now so I am hoping I struck gold with him. I am not expecting 2 tds again in one game, but hoping he can give a consistent 10 points. 

1. There is little to no competition for TE targets in the Seahawks offense. Yes, Vannett is there and I think Dickson might still be lurking but they just disappear.

2. This guy has the coaches trust and Russell's trust when it comes to playing within the scheme and being a multi-dimensional TE - blocking and catching.

3. He is a big man with speed, hands, and intelligence

4. He hits the seams with speed - these are things that make Gronk and Kelce the beasts that they are

5. Again, he fits the scheme that the Seahawks want....run run run run playaction run run run playaction.  He will be on the field 90%+ of the time if fully healthy.

6. Check out early last season numbers before he got injured.  He was well on his way to being a Top 3 to 5 TE.  For some reason, Wilson loves him.  When Wilson loves you, it can be a beautiful thing

7. I still believe that there is a shortage of good receivers on this squad.  DK is improving, Moore is coming back from injury, however the real solidified targets are Lockett and Dissly

8. I expect that the Seahawks will pass a lot more, if they can. 

9.  The OC loves him. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

1. There is little to no competition for TE targets in the Seahawks offense. Yes, Vannett is there and I think Dickson might still be lurking but they just disappear.

2. This guy has the coaches trust and Russell's trust when it comes to playing within the scheme and being a multi-dimensional TE - blocking and catching.

4. He hits the seams with speed - these are things that make Gronk and Kelce the beasts that they are

5. Again, he fits the scheme that the Seahawks want....run run run run playaction run run run playaction.  He will be on the field 90%+ of the time if fully healthy.

6. Check out early last season numbers before he got injured.  He was well on his way to being a Top 3 to 5 TE.  For some reason, Wilson loves him.  When Wilson loves you, it can be a beautiful thing

7. I still believe that there is a shortage of good receivers on this squad.  DK is improving, Moore is coming back from injury, however the real solidified targets are Lockett and Dissly

9.  The OC loves him. 

You convinced me enough to drop Jimmy Graham to pick Dissly up as my backup TE to Olsen. Lets hope he keeps getting red zone looks.

Just now, kretan182 said:

You convinced me enough to drop Jimmy Graham to pick Dissly up as my backup TE to Olsen. Lets hope he keeps getting red zone looks.

You just put a lot of pressure on me.  I think Graham will have a decent season too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

9.  The OC loves him. 

Dissly was PFF's top graded offensive player in week 2 behind Chris Godwin. I'm with you, the guy is a really good player and the Seahawks seem to think very highly of him. He's going to get a lot of opportunities in a good offense. 

Last week I thought I'd end up streaming TE's all year, but I think Dissly could end up being a real gem. 

• Thanks 2

I don't mean to derail the hype train, but this is a guy who was a D-lineman his first two years in college, with well below average athleticism for a TE these days. We'll see five times as many games like week 1 as week 2. He's a dart throw TE2.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I don't mean to derail the hype train, but this is a guy who was a D-lineman his first two years in college, with well below average athleticism for a TE these days. We'll see five times as many games like week 1 as week 2. He's a dart throw TE2.  

Edelman used to be a quarterback also...🤷🏿‍♂️

39 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

To be fair he left week 1 early with an injury, but your take is reasonable. 

Dropping Eifert for Dissly was soooo easy, I recommend you try if you are hurt from Hunter

"He picked right up where he left off and he's making extra yards and getting first downs for us," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Monday. "Things come natural to him. What he shows is that he has a little knack for making guys miss when he has the ball in his hands, too ... We're really, really fired up about him. He had a terrific game (last) week.

"I don't know if he's doing better (than last year), we're just using him and he's worthy of it."

"Yes, I may have gotten back to what I was last year, but that's never my goal," Dissly told SeattlePI. "I don't think I'll ever say that I'm back. I'm always trying to be the best I can be."

drooling here

"That's the standard around here, is to go out there and be playing February," Dissly explained. "I'm not one for personal goals. I think stats are for losers. I really just care about winning games."

Bro!? Thought we were fantasy bros? Can we care about our stats just a little bit?  Like a weekly line of 6-75-1, a favor for a few friends of mine. 

dissly

definition - to be full of diss

Don’t be dissly about Will Dissly. Pick him up

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

dissly

definition - to be full of diss

Don’t be dissly about Will Dissly. Pick him up

Should I feel shame about drinking so much diss?

Solid game. Complete garbage time TD but I am not complaining.  Enjoyed the amount of targets and seems to have a nice floor going at the moment.

Had OJ Howard week 1-2 and Vance McDonald week 3. I think less than 7 points for the season now

unbiased help. Dissly or stick with Vance?

Edited by STEVEfromLA

The tds are great but the steady targets are what interest me. 5 targets, 5 catches two tds last week. 7 targets, 6 catches and 1 TD today.  He's becoming a big part of this offense. Russell loves him in the redzone too. 

• Like 1

That garbage TD... what was the point of that anyway? I think Carroll or Wilson had money on the spread or Wilson on their fantasy teams.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

That garbage TD... what was the point of that anyway? I think Carroll or Wilson had money on the spread or Wilson on their fantasy teams.

You play to win the game.

At least this guy can catch a ball, unlike someone like hyped jared cook...

Felt like the game script got away from the Seahawks and that Dissly could have had a bigger game.  Regardless, first pass of the day went to him and the last pass of the day went to him.  This kid is a solid mofo.  Enjoy the ride and your welcome.  

• Like 1