dudewithabadcat

Will Dissly 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Hopefully he comes back strong. Waiting for news but expecting worst case and to drop.

I dropped way too early since my league hoards QBs like nuts and needed a back up soon but as far as Dissly is concerned, it is NEVER good to see a play fall without contact and then they say its an Achilles... Yea its prob safe to drop but word should be out today. This dude was cool to own. lol

Hopefully this guy gets injected with whatever AP, Kelce, Cook, etc have received that makes them injury prone to the epitome of health. 

16 hours ago, austin316 said:

Dissly was never going to sustain fantasy success.

A: He was always known to be a blocking tight end.
B: His 2018 patelar tendon tear was a devastating injury. See Cadillac Williams and Victor Cruz. I'm surprised he made it back this soon and this active and good.

It's not a surprise he injured something else as players unconsciously overcompensate for their weaker/recovered muscles and structures.

I feel bad for the kid. It sucks. He will be a warrior and come back but he will be a shell of himself and it will be a shortlived career. If we're talking fantasy football, he is done forever.

He wasn't going to sustain fantasy success based on what?  If you say injury, hey, you are right.  If you are saying just because, not really a good reason.

A) I mean out of college he was projected for that, but I don't know what "always" means in this context.  He isn't some 8 year vet who suddenly got hot. The guy switched sides of the ball in college. However, in his first pro game he got 100 yards receiving.  He has been doing great on his targets this season and been catching everything.  In his 10 games he has played he is averaging 41.8 YPG, on 4.1 targets and .6 TD per game.  Those numbers while not eye popping, are impressive for a young guy who has barely played the position.  It would put him 12th last year.  Yeah, the TD rate is unsustainable, but I could definitely see him as an Austin Hooper type.  A top 12 guy with some top 8 years sprinkled in. 

As for point B, I agree with you. I think this injury ruins his career coupled with the patella injury from last year.  Recovery is a struggle, let alone to get to NFL level.

Was a great few weeks of production. Thanks Dissly. Hope you heal up soon and come back strong 🙏

I liked him. Underdog that was surprising and maybe college missed or just didn't use him correctly. If healthy next season and used similarly to this season no reason not to think he's a great pick 

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Can we try to get the guy at least a double digit thread?  C'mon.  Let's share some of our favorite Dissly memories. 

When he put up a fat goose egg for me in half my fanduel lineups week 6.

16 minutes ago, collucho said:

When he put up a fat goose egg for me in half my fanduel lineups week 6.

Let's spin this another way.  He was grinding and moving to get open in the endzone for the inevitable pass from Russ for the TD and providing you at least 8 points to the beginning of a 20 point day.  Dissly wanted you to have those points and he was making sure of it - the fantasy football god sent a sniper to shoot out his achilles though.  RIP my Big Montana

• Haha 1

As a Kittle owner, thanks for the great week 4 bye week fill-in.

Hopefully, see you in 2020.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took him last year via waiver, dude, what a beast. Had Gronk last year but this guy managed it really well. - Injury came, sad moment.

This year it is nearly the same situation. But this year I am not an owner. Take care, Willy.

So long as we're "writing on his cast" trying to get to 10 pages, I'll remember Dissly for filling in beautifully for Kittle during Week 4 as a free claim and then showing out enough for me to trade him for Devonta Freeman to a TE-needy team. 

I hope to scoop his forgotten bones off waivers next season and do the exact same thing.

Also, let me thank Dissly for giving hope to all the Average Joes out there who dream of an NFL career.  This guy was so bad at the NFL Combine that his SPARQ score was like Pi times negative 7.  Yet he still balled out this season.

To Will Dissly.

• Like 1

Heal up, Big Montana. You beat me on a touchdown last year at the end of the MNF game against my Bears and I won this year because you goosed against me. The fantasy gods giveth and the fantasy gods taketh away. The injury gods have smote you, but the healing gods will be there for you. I hope you heal up and you're on the good side of fantasy for me soon. Much love, Biggggg Montana, Will Dissly!

Dissly hasn't been put on I.R. yet, what's the delay?

If they knew for sure he's out for the season they haven't made it official yet.

1 hour ago, raidaz18 said:

Dissly hasn't been put on I.R. yet, what's the delay?

If they knew for sure he's out for the season they haven't made it official yet.

Because he is miraculously not out for the season!!! The miracle that has been mentioned/talked about!!!

18 hours ago, hi5oreo said:

Because he is miraculously not out for the season!!! The miracle that has been mentioned/talked about!!!

JK LOL

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

I miss Dissly so much...so I wrote a haiku:

You are so awesome

An elk grazing by a stream

A giant with hands

A tight end we loved

Sadly gone for the season

Now we stream garbage

Oh no, Dissly hurt

Dont tell me its OJ time

Two catches, ten yards

• Like 2

Top 10 in my PPR league still.

Number 8 in my non-PPR league.

He only played 5 games and is still ahead of Ertz who has played 8.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Russell says hello

From the dark side of the moon

I wish you were here

He's gone bro...