PlayTheWaivers

Dallas Goedert 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, kencav said:

Oh sorry thought you were talking about Ertz....

Goedert has done some nice things recently, and I'm snatching him up in any leagues I can, but I think this talk of Ertz's demise is a little overblown. Ertz still has a massive lead in targets, receptions, and yards on the season. Even in the recent games where Goedert has done well, Ertz has more targets in every single game. Last week was the first time Goedert had more receiving yardage than Ertz all season. 

I love Goedert in keepers and dynasty, but I think it's premature to trust him as a starter. I hope I'm wrong and this is a true changing of the guard we are witnessing. 

• Like 1

Another TD this week. If the Eagles offense can get it going, Goedert may have value as a low-end TE1

• Thanks 1

Another game another TD. Great weekly play for those desperate at TE.

Beginning to see him as a weekly starter at TE.

This week is going to tell the tale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Beginning to see him as a weekly starter at TE.

This week is going to tell the tale.

I've been riding this guy for the past few weeks and I am enjoying the ride. Here's his snap counts from the last four games.

Week 5: 74%

Week 6: 71%

Week 7: 59%

Week 8: 75% (highest of the season)

Hopefully, since the Eagles didn't improve at WR before the deadline, they continue to use more 2 TE sets.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

I've been riding this guy for the past few weeks and I am enjoying the ride. Here's his snap counts from the last four games.

Hopefully, since the Eagles didn't improve at WR before the deadline, they continue to use more 2 TE sets.

how does ertz snap % compare?

6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

how does ertz snap % compare?

85%, 80%, 80%,  and 90% from week 5-8.

Ertz snap count doesn't impact Goedert. Goedert getting snaps is more dependant on the sets they choose to run. They've been running two TE sets more often than not and that's the encouraging part. With an Ertz injury you likely see a 30% in snap count though from around 70% to 100%. Ertz got 100% when Goedert missed time.

• Thanks 1

Goedert has had more receptions than Ertz in three straight games, more receiving yards than Ertz in consecutive weeks, and last week was the first time all year Goedert has had more targets. 

All this on fewer snaps. Are we seeing Goedert slowly usurp Ertz as the better fantasy TE?

27 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Goedert has had more receptions than Ertz in three straight games, more receiving yards than Ertz in consecutive weeks, and last week was the first time all year Goedert has had more targets. 

All this on fewer snaps. Are we seeing Goedert slowly usurp Ertz as the better fantasy TE?

While it's possible, I would say it's unlikely.

Ertz obviously won't have 1,100 yards this year like he did last year, he's still on pace for something along the lines of what he did the three years prior to that.

Jackson having been out, defenses are paying more attention to him, hence the low target to catch ratio.  Godert getting more usage probably helps Ertz in the long run, similar to the receiver situation in Tampa, where Godwin coming on earlier in the year initially hurt Evans but is now giving him more opportunities.

6 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

Big Pause.😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Watitdookie said:

Big Pause.😂😂😂

Does DJax returning change his production output ROS though?

Finally just joined the Goedert club in 2 leagues. Thanks boys.

He reminds me of Jimmy Graham before the rest of the world caught on.

He should be a top-5 guy within 2 years, depeding on the Ertz situation.

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Does DJax returning change his production output ROS though?

Absolutely. I'm amazed how this is being overlooked. 

• Like 1

Where is everyone with this guy? He seems like a legit option. 5-8 targets weekly for the past few weeks. Thinned out WR corp. He's averaging over 11 pts/wk in PPR over the past 4 weeks

• Like 2

Eagles fan here and absolutely love

this guy!  I’m most likely forced to start him this week and feel good about it because I can really see the patriots doing all they can to shut down ertz.  

2 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Where is everyone with this guy? He seems like a legit option. 5-8 targets weekly for the past few weeks. Thinned out WR corp. He's averaging over 11 pts/wk in PPR over the past 4 weeks

Happy to have him as a 1B option to back up my primary.  Can spot start him without a ton of concern that he'll get me a zero for the week.  Not yet to the level I can trade away my primary TE and ride with just Goedert for ROS.  Appreciate that he has quite a bit of additional upside if Ertz goes down unlike some of the other "usual suspects" on the WW like Jason Witten or Kyle Rudolph who are already at their ceilings.  Would target him in trades as a depth option/keepaway in leagues where I'm planning ahead for the playoffs, especially if it seems like another owner has him and doesn't seem like he's truly appreciated.  

This guy is my pivot after Austin Hooper's injury.  I know he won't be a perfect point replacement but hopefully he just doesn't goose me.  Played him during Hooper's bye week and I was happy enough with what he got.

53 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Thinking the same way. With limited WR options he should get plenty of looks. Schedule looking pretty good down the stretch too. I’m in

Jeffery hobbled...does Goedert inherit a few more targets? I really think the game plan is to attack down the seams and use Sanders / Sproles in the backfield...There's Fant also out there but Goedert just seems like he'll have to keep up with the Pats. 

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Jeffery hobbled...does Goedert inherit a few more targets? I really think the game plan is to attack down the seams and use Sanders / Sproles in the backfield...There's Fant also out there but Goedert just seems like he'll have to keep up with the Pats. 

I would rather Jeffery play. Goedert would benefit from the focus of the NE def being on Jeffery and Ertz.

I held him through the bye. Nice target floor and he played # of snaps as Ertz week 9 (first time that happened all year).

Edited by rylaughlin

7 hours ago, jumper said:

Happy to have him as a 1B option to back up my primary.  Can spot start him without a ton of concern that he'll get me a zero for the week.  Not yet to the level I can trade away my primary TE and ride with just Goedert for ROS.  Appreciate that he has quite a bit of additional upside if Ertz goes down unlike some of the other "usual suspects" on the WW like Jason Witten or Kyle Rudolph who are already at their ceilings. 

Completely agree on all points, and the bold is the key IMO. He's in the mix with a few guys likely available where he's pretty TD dependent but should at least get you a few points, but he's a locked in TE1 if Ertz goes down. The same cannot be said for any of the others. 

Sneaky play for a TE streamer this week with Jeffrey gone and a mostly positive game script against NE? I would think NE would focus on Ertz, leaving looks for Goedert. Normally, would start Kittle but obviously things aren't looking great on that front.

2 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Sneaky play for a TE streamer this week with Jeffrey gone and a mostly positive game script against NE? I would think NE would focus on Ertz, leaving looks for Goedert. Normally, would start Kittle but obviously things aren't looking great on that front.

Play the waivers approves waiver looters post. Now go grab this guy off waivers

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Goedart is trending up in a linear fashion, a great TE to have as a TE2 or in a TE platoon on your team to play matchups.

If Nick Boyle can put up numbers vs NE, so can Goed.