machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, CViewPride35 said:

But u need to realize who they played. 

Bucs(Barber/Jones), Bengals(Mixon), Pitt(Conner), Browns(Chubbs). 

None of the teams they have played are running the ball well this year. You could make a case for Chubbs.  Chubbs had some success running the ball, but the game script got out of hand pretty quickly. 

Niners have a solid defense but I would start Brown without hesitation, if Gurly is out. 

Prediction:  17–20 carries, 60-80 yards, 2-5 catches, 20-30 yards, with a good chance for one TD. 

Make a case for.....Chubbs?

giphy.gif

Nick Chubb is pretty good though...

• Haha 4

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Make a case for.....Chubbs?

giphy.gif

Nick Chubb is pretty good though...

Chubbs ran the ball effectively, but just didnt get the opportunity in the game. 

Just now, CViewPride35 said:

Chubbs ran the ball effectively, but just didnt get the opportunity in the game. 

agree but why are we calling him Chubbs? 🤣

20 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Brown's a locked and loaded RB2 with upside, but the concern is definitely that Henderson overtakes him sooner than later. Tough to see it happening the very first game though. 

the bigger concern is the the 49ers defense shuts down the Rams running game making all of this talk null and void. 

Regardless I'm running Brown out there because of bye week and injury issues that I have. I need him and he's my best choice. If you don't need him it's best to just leave him on your bench. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CViewPride35 said:

But u need to realize who they played. 

Bucs(Barber/Jones), Bengals(Mixon), Pitt(Conner), Browns(Chubbs). 

None of the teams they have played are running the ball well this year. You could make a case for Chubbs.  Chubbs had some success running the ball, but the game script got out of hand pretty quickly. 

Niners have a solid defense but I would start Brown without hesitation, if Gurly is out. 

Prediction:  17–20 carries, 60-80 yards, 2-5 catches, 20-30 yards, with a good chance for one TD. 

That’s a good point. Jones ran for 75 yards on only 13 carries against them in week 1. 

I mean didn’t peyton barber last whole season last year? I remember Jamaal charles comps for ronald jones last year. Brown is starter and goal line back for at least this week and maybe more. Lets cash that lottery ticket!!! No matter how much talk of Henderson being electric.

Are you guys playing him over the Howard/Hyde/Royce tier of RBs?

33 minutes ago, jkendrick2 said:

Ronald jones didn't have a bad game. He had 75 yards and a TD I believe.

Negative on the TD.  An opposing RB has yet to score on them.

Edited by ToO_BaD

1 minute ago, FrancoJavierM said:

I'm curious to know who everyone is starting him over. 

Just plugged him in for Howard. Both Howard and him are going against tough defenses but I think Brown gets more usage in the passing game. Both are getting the GL work as well.

19 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

I'm curious to know who everyone is starting him over. 

Same, I’m tempted to play him over Carson but leaning more on Carson. 

Is this a sign for something more serious? Could it be more than just a one week fill in?

I have brown and grabbed Darrell since i was able to drop josh Gordon. If it ends up being a multiple week injury and you can spare another bench spot might not be bad storeing both. 

Just now, HOF12 said:

Is this a sign for something more serious? Could it be more than just a one week fill in?

I have brown and grabbed Darrell since i was able to drop josh Gordon. If it ends up being a multiple week injury and you can spare another bench spot might not be bad storeing both. 

Carson is a top 12 option so I don't see how you could ever bench him. Brown is in the discussion around 15ish I would think.

3 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Playing him over Carson would be a very bad move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Carson is a top 12 option so I don't see how you could ever bench him. Brown is in the discussion around 15ish I would think.

True, we also run the risk of brown losing carries to darell 

9 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

I have Carson as well but no way I'm starting Brown over him 

29 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Just plugged him in for Howard. Both Howard and him are going against tough defenses but I think Brown gets more usage in the passing game. Both are getting the GL work as well.

That makes sense to me. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Yikes at you even considering this. What has Carson done to warrant benching?

1 minute ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Am I a fool for thinking about starting him over a brokeback DJ? 🤔

Yes

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, matthew berry said:

The last two pages belong in the Assistant Coach Forum.  You're not being clever by sliding it in here.  

Well Matthew Berry while you’re here, would you start Malcolm over AP? If so, I’ll know I can start AP with confidence.

• Haha 6