machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

Not that there was much doubt here, but Rap reporting that Brown is expected to be the feature back. “There’s a chance Gurley is back next week” doesn’t sound just extremely optimistic.

Of course Rap purely is a click-bait reporter, so Henderson is probably the workhorse and Gurley is announcing his retirement after the game. 

My Flex spot has been putrid this year, so I’m either due for a big game from Brown or you all will participate in my curse. 

Edited by gufomel

I am not endorsing Malcolm Brown, so no matter what start any other running back. Brown is not your man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Week 1:  brown gets 2 rd. Week 2: Gurley 1 td, nothing week 3, and both week 4 and 5 2 td game for Gurley. There seems to be an 80% chance of a goal line td or 2 in this rams offense regardless of who’s starting. Malcom has a safe floor this week and if Gurley s problems persist, pull a Connor and put produce him ros 

Love that autocorrect. 80% of games have resulted in a short easy goal line td bybeither Gurley or brown. High chance of it happenening again, even against a stout opponent

Considering starting him over David Johnson. What do we expect for the carries split between him and Henderson?

• Haha 1

Just now, brosephd said:

those 2 GL stuff hurts and now hendo getting run wtf. 

Yup looks like Henderson is the man to own.  Will be dropping Brown next week. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 yards on first drive and then nothing. Didn't expect big numbers against the Niners but that quick 40 got the hopes up. He's still the guy to own. Henderson got extra run since they were down the whole second half.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, kball09 said:

40 yards on first drive and then nothing. Didn't expect big numbers against the Niners but that quick 40 got the hopes up. He's still the guy to own. Henderson got extra run since they were down the whole second half.

Well, Henderson was significantly more productive.  But what HC needs that to complicate his offense?

3 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Well, Henderson was significantly more productive.  But what HC needs that to complicate his offense?

Yes but Brown wasn't bad. Henderson has some chunk runs out the gate and hasn't done anything with the rest. 

8 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Significantly? Are we watching the same game? Other than his one long run he was getting stuffed the entire time. Then he had a whopping one catch for nine yards.

Let's at least live in reality and assess from that point. The whole offense was stuffed by the Niners, the Rams overall were pathetic today. If Gurley misses the Falcons I think both RBs end up eating but Malcolm is getting more carries.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yes but Brown wasn't bad. Henderson has some chunk runs out the gate and hasn't done anything with the rest. 

Brown is posting a sub-4.0 ypa. That’s not good.  And Henderson posting good numbers and then being relegated to the bench for a long stretch just seems dumb.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Brown is posting a sub-4.0 ypa. That’s not good.  And Henderson posting good numbers and then being relegated to the bench for a long stretch just seems dumb.  

He hasn't had a carry in 2 quarters. Did you not notice the total ****fest Rams offense was all game? If Henderson tacked on another 5 carries he'd probably have a sub 4, too.

I hate when it's obvious someone owns one backup and not the other, and talks smack on the other players forum as if it's going to somehow convince the coaches of the team to use them.

Brown was running fine. Rams just took a dump. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Significantly? Are we watching the same game? Other than his one long run he was getting stuffed the entire time. Then he had a whopping one catch for nine yards.

Let's at least live in reality and assess from that point. The whole offense was stuffed by the Niners, the Rams overall were pathetic today. If Gurley misses the Falcons I think both RBs end up eating but Malcolm is getting more carries.

Yes, you’re right.  11 touches for 40 yards is about the same as 7 touches for 48 yards.  In your reality, which is where we’re supposed to discuss this stuff I guess. 

That one catch Henderson had that you are so dismissive of?  That was one more catch than Brown had in much less time on the field.  Who knows what Henderson could have done if he wasn’t sitting on the side watching Brown do his usual plodding.  LA may have still lost, but maybe they would have been more competitive.

• Thanks 1

At least we have confirmation that Gurley 100% is not the problem with the Rams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

Yes, you’re right.  11 touches for 40 yards is about the same as 7 touches for 48 yards.  In your reality, which is where we’re supposed to discuss this stuff I guess. 

That one catch Henderson had that you are so dismissive of?  That was one more catch than Brown had in much less time on the field.  Who knows what Henderson could have done if he wasn’t sitting on the side watching Brown do his usual plodding.  LA may have still lost, but maybe they would have been more competitive.

Yikes, ok I'm sending you a TV. Shoot me your address. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He hasn't had a carry in 2 quarters. Did you not notice the total ****fest Rams offense was all game? If Henderson tacked on another 5 carries he'd probably have a sub 4, too.

I hate when it's obvious someone owns one backup and not the other, and talks smack on the other players forum as if it's going to somehow convince the coaches of the team to use them.

Brown was running fine. Rams just took a dump. 

Hate it do you?  So you think Henderson brings less to the table than Brown?  And it was obvious, I guess.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bronco Billy said:

Hate it do you?  So you think Henderson brings less to the table than Brown?  And it was obvious, I guess.  

I think, if anything, they offer the same. You can make believe Henderson is the better player all you want - posting in the Brown forum won't change that he is the primary backup to Gurley. 

• Haha 1

Just now, kball09 said:

Yikes, ok I'm sending you a TV. Shoot me your address. 

Just don’t send me the kind you watch. It seems a bit ... skewed, shall we say?

• Haha 1

40 yards on the first drive and nothing rest of the game. Those gl runs were the only chance and they screwed him with that hurry up bs