machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

On 10/14/2019 at 12:27 AM, austin316 said:

40 yards on 11 carries isn't too shabby. The problem is the Rams O-line of yesteryear is gone. You remember... the O-line that made CJ Anderson look like Emmitt Smith. Also, Goff is the gazillion dollar man still playing with training wheels. Not to mention, SF is one of the fastest and best defenses in the league. I'm sure your leaguemates will gladly pickup Malcom when you drop him. Thanks.

11/40 is poor.    Especially considering he had multiple shots from the GL and couldn’t convert.   Would have salvaged his day.   

Brown is a hold..but the Darrell Henderson era is coming and quickly.  He looked far more explosive.  

Hard to gauge him vs the Niners defense - they absolutely destroyed that entire offense.

If Gurley somehow doesn't play again, he is an easy RB2/FLEX vs the Falcons IMO.

3 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

I asked the same thing on last page.  Not sure why.

No reason for the rams to say anything about it yet.  Q on Tuesday morning means less than nothing- so watch practice reports.    I’d plan on him being available as of now 

27 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Why is he listed as questionable on yahoo?

He got 49er'd. (literally, just no reason given yet.)

Edited by jujus-jujubees
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Hard to gauge him vs the Niners defense - they absolutely destroyed that entire offense.

If Gurley somehow doesn't play again, he is an easy RB2/FLEX vs the Falcons IMO.

agreed. niners came to play. the entire offense was overmatched. but ATL is polar opposite end of the spectrum. if gurley sits, im starting brown with confidence expecting more RB2 #s than flex- with big upside.

2 minutes ago, cerdo said:

agreed. niners came to play. the entire offense was overmatched. but ATL is polar opposite end of the spectrum. if gurley sits, im starting brown with confidence expecting more RB2 #s than flex- with big upside.

Yeah while this team has struggled they are going to eat against the pathetic Falcons. Gurley is an easy top 10 RB play if he plays and Brown and Henderson are both good flex options. While Browns value took a huge hit and I don't like it longterm against the Falcons he is still a play. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Why is he listed as questionable on yahoo?

• Tue, Oct 15 at 1:33pm

Coach Sean McVay considers Brown day-to-day as a result of an ankle injury, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: Starting in place of Todd Gurley (quadriceps) this past Sunday against the 49ers, Brown managed to play just 36 of 53 offensive snaps, yielding the remaining 17 plays to rookie running back Darrell Henderson. On the statistical front, Brown notched 11 carries for 40 yards while Henderson turned seven touches into 48 yards from scrimmage. With injuries to tend to this week, both Gurley and Brown may have their practice reps capped, a situation that won't be known until the Rams release their first Week 7 practice report Wednesday.

by Rotowire.com
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, affliction said:
  • Tue, Oct 15 at 1:33pm

Coach Sean McVay considers Brown day-to-day as a result of an ankle injury, Lindsey Thiry of ESPN.com reports.

Analysis: Starting in place of Todd Gurley (quadriceps) this past Sunday against the 49ers, Brown managed to play just 36 of 53 offensive snaps, yielding the remaining 17 plays to rookie running back Darrell Henderson. On the statistical front, Brown notched 11 carries for 40 yards while Henderson turned seven touches into 48 yards from scrimmage. With injuries to tend to this week, both Gurley and Brown may have their practice reps capped, a situation that won't be known until the Rams release their first Week 7 practice report Wednesday.

by Rotowire.com

Ballzzzz

that makes both rams Rbs a tough start pending more information.   Which McVay cannot be relied on for.   

7 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Ballzzzz

that makes both rams Rbs a tough start pending more information.   Which McVay cannot be relied on for.   

Yeah this is a tough spot.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Henderson is the one to own

That's what I'm kind of thinking...

I need to see another game from these clowns to make an assessment. My biggest fear is neither of the backups step up and provide fantasy value if Gurley misses more games

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I need to see another game from these clowns to make an assessment. My biggest fear is neither of the backups step up and provide fantasy value if Gurley misses more games

Especially with Goff playing like Ryan Leaf. No one is respecting this passing game. I am honestly shocked and appalled by his play. It seems he’s got those Chuck Knoblauch yips right now. Just terrible. 

• Haha 1

Malcolm Brown missed 9 games over the past two years due to injuries (3 separate injuries) in a BACKUP role. I think that just cements the fact that Henderson is the one you want to hold on to.

• Like 1

“Gurley was limited in practice on Thursday and Brown was held out with an ankle injury. Sean McVay called Brown “day-to-day” and wouldn’t commit to him playing against Atlanta.

“I would say it’s hard to say. He’s questionable for the game,” McVay said. “I think you want to see some progress to be able to feel good about it. Sometimes these things end up turning the corner pretty quickly, so we’ll use our time on this.”

As for Gurley, McVay said “he’s made good progress,” but wouldn’t say for sure if the running back will play. Gurley didn’t practice at all last week due to his thigh contusion and still hasn’t fully recovered from the injury.“

“McVay liked what he saw from Henderson, for the most part, but also added that there are things the rookie can clean up. He says last week’s action should give Henderson confidence entering this weekend.

“I think it does. I think it gives him, too, confidence – probably just kind of getting his feet wet a little bit,” McVay said. “Really, he played in all situations. He had some different things that, maybe, he got exposed to that we didn’t anticipate as a result of Malcolm taking a little bit of a breather when he ended up tweaking his ankle. He got some things that he can learn from in protection and some of those known passing situations. He got a short-yardage carry that I think we’ll be better on if those things come up. Then he had some real bright spots with a couple of those runs you saw him pop.””

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/18/nfl-rams-darrell-henderson-gurley-brown-injuries/amp/

Couple of observations:

> Brown has been held out Wed + Thursday now. Doesn’t look good for week 7

> Gurley has been “limited” We’d + Thurs and McVay has twice refused to say if he’ll play week 7

> McVay doesn’t sound like he trusts D Henderson in pass pro and was unhappy with his short yardage work. 

Seems like they are rushing TG back since Brown is not going to play and McVay doesn’t trust DH enough to take on a big role. 

That doesn’t sound like DH is going to have a big role ROS unless both TG AND MB go down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you own Gurley, do you still drop this guy? He’s burning a bench spot and I need a kicker.