machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, ree10 said:

If you own Gurley, do you still drop this guy? He’s burning a bench spot and I need a kicker.

I don't own Gurley and I'm still holding because I don't suddenly think Henderson is a bellcow if Gurley goes down. People are reallllly going nuts for two runs with gigantic holes. I still think Brown has more overall value if Gurley ends up sitting when Brown is healthy.

But, like any handcuff, just depends on how lucky you feel. 

I just dropped for a handcuff i feel has a higher upside: Gus. The rams oline is ranked bottom 5 this year and brown is as injury risky as can be. I was so excited last week when he got his chance but then plodded for 40 yards and hurt himself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

I just dropped for a handcuff i feel has a higher upside: Gus. The rams oline is ranked bottom 5 this year and brown is as injury risky as can be. I was so excited last week when he got his chance but then plodded for 40 yards and hurt himself

why do people always use the generic plodding term without watching the games? you're 100% right on the oline being awful and brown still started with 7 carries for 40 yards. That's nearly 6 yards a carry, he was looking good out there. They tried some dumb hurry up snap on the two GL runs that got blown up instantly which leaes only 2 other carries (one of which presumably) was when he hurt his ankle. He's not as electric as a healthy Gurley or have the speed of Henderson but he's not Matt Asiata either.

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1

Malcom Brown is a good player but I am getting sick of his production.

I heard on fantasy radio they ran the ball down the 9ers throat opening drive last week then McVay abandoned the run because his brain thinks being down one score is like 21 points.

Added injury to insult with the ankle injury. I'm holding him but my confidence is wavering on him even being worth a spot on my team, let alone a difference maker.

The curious case of Malcom Brown

Are we holding him thru the week?  Prob out this week the seattle next week and then the bye.  Plenty of chances for Henderson to potentially pass him on the depth charts?

37 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Are we holding him thru the week?  Prob out this week the seattle next week and then the bye.  Plenty of chances for Henderson to potentially pass him on the depth charts?

If Gurley wasn’t playing maybe Henderson would have some more push but Gurley is playing this week. Mcvay already said they don’t really trust Henderson in pass protection. Brown is an easy hold for me unless your really scrambling to pick someone up for  bye weeks. Otherwise who else is going to have more upside?

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

If Gurley wasn’t playing maybe Henderson would have some more push but Gurley is playing this week. Mcvay already said they don’t really trust Henderson in pass protection. Brown is an easy hold for me unless your really scrambling to pick someone up for  bye weeks. Otherwise who else is going to have more upside?

I was going to grab Armstead, then maybe Goedert for SNF. Figure they would have more upside if anything happened than Brown does right now.  Esp if Brown may not see the field until after the bye.

10 hours ago, TheINC said:

I would cut bait now.   He may never have a path to the number one job and honestly it's a number one job that is not worth as much as we thought it would be at the beginning of the season.

Edited by KennyWoo
My dictation program could not keep up with my high soaring prose
  • Like 1

The Rams O-Line isn't creating any holes for neither Gurley, Henderson or Brown and the coach is more committed to passing the ball than he is running it. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Just now, herschel said:

does it matter?

Not particularly.

The line stinks, Gurley got 18 carries, the remaining schedule after Cincy looks trying and he may or may not be working through a high ankle sprain.

1 minute ago, herschel said:

did hendo leap frog brown in the pecking order?  does it matter?

dunno, man ... Hendu split just about even with TG, as far as snap count was concerned ... but his usage was sparse, at best. 

barring the big kahuna boo boo to Gurley i'd file it under "doesn't matter".