machine3

Malcolm Brown 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, kball09 said:

It's like you haven't even been paying attention.....

He doesn’t get it.

Malcolm Brown is the most valuable handcuff in fantasy and the ONLY handcuff that produced week 1 to this extent. If you have him, congrats. If not, quit trying to sell yourself on why it’s not a big deal if you don’t have him.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tierjerk said:

He doesn’t get it.

Malcolm Brown is the most valuable handcuff in fantasy and the ONLY handcuff that produced week 1 to this extent. If you have him, congrats. If not, quit trying to sell yourself on why it’s not a big deal if you don’t have him.

I’d argue Mattison is just as valuable. The difference is two touchdowns. Do you envision him getting every single rushing TD?!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I’d argue Mattison is just as valuable. The difference is two touchdowns. Do you envision him getting every single rushing TD?!

Mattison was getting touches in a blowout at 28-0. He, however, is the clear cuff to Dalvin Cook.

Brown was getting touches in a competitive game.

On 9/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, KennyWoo said:

I want to get in on this as I'm seeing a lot of discussion here and in the Waiver Wire thread that IMO doesn't focus on the important part of the picture here.  To me, the value of Brown is not goal line vulture work and "1b" work behind Gurley.  It's hard to trust a player like that in your lineup.  What matters to me is that Brown has demonstrated he has the trust of the coaches and is ahead of Henderson, which means that if Gurley goes down - and he looked tentative Week 1, has bad knees etc. - Brown is going to get a huge role and likely be a top 10 back as long as Gurley is out.  That's the value here.  He's the best "handcuff" there is right now and the fact that he has a role now as well is just gravy.  

I think you are missing the point, as explained way above, this isn't about the TDs

Edited by Szer0

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

This.

6 hours ago, kball09 said:

It's like you haven't even been paying attention.....

One game guy, pretty easy to see. If your referring to last season he was injured.

12 minutes ago, Krambone said:

One game guy, pretty easy to see. If your referring to last season he was injured.

Um, the first game when Gurley is as healthy as he is gonna be, they are splitting drives. I love Gurley, I'm a UGA alum, but the writing is on the wall here guys. They aren't "ramping him up" they are being precautious because they realize this is a serious matter. Which either means he stays healthy and splits time all year, or it escalates and Brown takes over. There is no de-escalation here fellahs....

• Like 1

Waste of time. Malcom is the next Ronald Jones.

3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

What a weird comparison. Talented second year player behind horrendous line and middling offense is just like mid-level veteran talent behind great line and arguably best offense. Great comparison.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Krambone said:

Wouldn’t....Ronald Jones be the next Malcolm Brown?

7 hours ago, kball09 said:

What a weird comparison. Talented second year player behind horrendous line and middling offense is just like mid-level veteran talent behind great line and arguably best offense. Great comparison.

For crying out loud, the comparison is in regards to his playing time and production.  Week 1 boom, week 2 not so much booming. 

My FF strategy is to buy 1 or 2 lotto tickets. You can only play so many players. A lot of the WW transaction players never break the starting lineup except on byes or injuries. That leaves 1 or 2 slots open for league winning players. 

I think Eckler could be one, though I worry about him holding up.

And with the way CJ Anderson carried people to titles last year because of Gurley going down, Brown is as good as anyone. He's just a lotto ticket, nothing more. How can you not be excited for this guy if he becomes the lead back on the Ram's? It's only week 1...it's a long season....

Edited by FooserX
  • Like 2

I guess people think Gurley is almost dead. News flash... Gurley is a top 5 back and if he gets hurt then you have a nice back. Maybe top 30. Congratulations Malcom owners.

You can tell who the Gurley owners are with how much spin they try to put on any Brown news. Where there's smoke there's fire, and there is a lot of smoke around Gurley. I think the only way he makes it through the year and appears in 16 games is if they coddle him, which means meaningful touches for other Rams back in a great offense. Pretty valuable. Personally, I'd rather they didn't coddle Gurley so he missed games later in the season and Brown potentially became a late season stud. I'm patient. Either way Brown is a must own right now.

• Like 2

I have both but im starting Gurley in standard.  

Not sure what to do now if MB is the GL back.

Edited by DLG10

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

You can tell who the Gurley owners are with how much spin they try to put on any Brown news. Where there's smoke there's fire, and there is a lot of smoke around Gurley. I think the only way he makes it through the year and appears in 16 games is if they coddle him, which means meaningful touches for other Rams back in a great offense. Pretty valuable. Personally, I'd rather they didn't coddle Gurley so he missed games later in the season and Brown potentially became a late season stud. I'm patient. Either way Brown is a must own right now.

I am not a Gurley owner, but thanks for that.

looks good and more spry running than CJA  but won't be able to start unless something happens to gurley full time. 

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

looks good and more spry running than CJA  but won't be able to start unless something happens to gurley full time. 

Yep. But the Rams have one of those Offenses that you want a share of. I Don't wish injury on Gurley, but if he were to go down Brown is easily a high end RB2. 

34 minutes ago, brosephd said:

I doubt he'll need to, he's looked great. If this keeps up he'll be a Top 25 RB (at least), along with Gurley.

Is it okay to drop him? He doesn’t gets enough carries to be able to start.  I don’t believe in handcuffs because they waste a roster spot. I also think Gurley is much less likely to get injured now that his workload has lessened.

53 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

Is it okay to drop him? He doesn’t gets enough carries to be able to start.  I don’t believe in handcuffs because they waste a roster spot. I also think Gurley is much less likely to get injured now that his workload has lessened.

I cannot imagine a situation where I would not want this guy on my bench. If Gurley goes down this guy goes to the moon.

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I cannot imagine a situation where I would not want this guy on my bench. If Gurley goes down this guy goes to the moon.

I would expect a more 50/50 split between him and Henderson if Gurley were to go down. They wouldn't lean on Brown for 65%+ of the touches/drives.

27 minutes ago, devaster said:

I would expect a more 50/50 split between him and Henderson if Gurley were to go down. They wouldn't lean on Brown for 65%+ of the touches/drives.

I wouldn't. If that were the case you would think they would be mixing him in more right now.