dboong

2019-20 Sleepers and and Busts

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Norman Powell looks fantastic so far, can't wait to see how he goes this season. 

Agreed - I was strongly considering adding him in dynasty but finally went with other interesting guy - Matisse Thybulle, who seems to have crazy st3cks upside and should get minutes in philly rotation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, michael_scott said:

Agreed - I was strongly considering adding him in dynasty but finally went with other interesting guy - Matisse Thybulle, who seems to have crazy st3cks upside and should get minutes in philly rotation.

 

Nice.  I just added him in a deep league...could very easily be 1/1/1 in just 15 or 20 min/night...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

PJ Washington, could start for Hornets, anything to see here?


Added him in one of my dynasty leagues. I think he is worth a look in deeper formats since Hornets are rebuilding. I think eventually he will take over Zeller's role, whether that will be this season is another question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just drafted a squad. Don’t know if this post belongs here but if it does, could anyone tell me how I did? It’s a head to head 14 team league. I had the 8th pick.  Any sleepers I could pick up off waivers? Who should I boot? 

LeBron- 8 

Drummond - 21

Mitchell Robinson - 36

Bledsoe - 49

Isaac - 64

LeVert - 77

Smart - 92

Delon Wright - 105

Derrick White - 120

Zach Collins - 133

Poeltl - 148

Jerami Grant - 161

Dennis Smith JR - 178

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

59 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Just drafted a squad. Don’t know if this post belongs here but if it does, could anyone tell me how I did? It’s a head to head 14 team league. I had the 8th pick.  Any sleepers I could pick up off waivers? Who should I boot? 

LeBron- 8 

Drummond - 21

Mitchell Robinson - 36

Bledsoe - 49

Isaac - 64

LeVert - 77

Smart - 92

Delon Wright - 105

Derrick White - 120

Zach Collins - 133

Poeltl - 148

Jerami Grant - 161

Dennis Smith JR - 178

 

You're new here. Ask this question in the AC Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why nobody here writes about players in terms of Head to Head points? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krk1 said:

Why nobody here writes about players in terms of Head to Head points? 

It's probably the least popular scoring format for fantasy. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, PhillyBoy said:

It's probably the least popular scoring format for fantasy. 

That. And it’s the least skilltesting one.  Want advice for your points league?  Go look at the player’s finish last year and adjust up or down based on whether you think they will improve or decline.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Krk1 said:

Why nobody here writes about players in terms of Head to Head points? 


Give it some time. You’re already seeing points leagues pick up steam over the last years; it’s a fun alternative for busy folks who want to control how active they need to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcflywalker said:


Give it some time. You’re already seeing points leagues pick up steam over the last years; it’s a fun alternative for busy folks who want to control how active they need to be.

For sure man. I've been doing points for 15 years. Only way to go for me. Its gonna be the most popular format pretty soon. Even this year, rotoworld did a draft special on a points league, not category

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dominator83 said:

For sure man. I've been doing points for 15 years. Only way to go for me. Its gonna be the most popular format pretty soon. Even this year, rotoworld did a draft special on a points league, not category

I think there are a good deal of people here who do points leagues.  Most of my friends started out in roto and eventually went to points leagues. To me, Points leagues more closely mimic the real life game than categories do.

I did categories for a couple of years. I used to do it for both baseball and basketball (has anyone ever played roto football??). I had players on my team for basketball to bolster blocks and steals that really were not all that important to their NBA team winning or losing.

Roto takes a lot of work and analysis that points leagues don't. But when I had to start punting categories to win, I went to a points league and have never gone back.

Roto and points are two completely different games. So when I post here, I usually try and state I'm in a points league to minimize the confusion my post might cause when people playing categories read it.

And when I see posts from roto guys saying that so and so should be taken in the 4th round, I look at stats and projections to double check where they would be drafted in a point league league.  There is usually quite a difference.

There is a lot of good content that I get here even if it is mostly roto based. Minutes played, who is playing what position, battles for playing time, shooting %,  projections on scoring and playing time are all appreciated.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone comment on Chriss, Dunn, Satoranksy, Payton?? These guys seem to be borderline-150 players that nobody talks about

Edited by mtx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mtx said:

Can anyone comment on Chriss, Dunn, Satoranksy, Payton?? These guys seem to be borderline-150 players that nobody talks about

 

Marquese Chriss - He's not good at all. Clueless on the court. Makes dumb fouls; high foul rate. He's one of those players like Terrance Jones. If the minutes are there, fantasy value will follow.

 

Kris Dunn - Apart from not being good himself, he's really a bad fit next to LaVine. Can't play off the ball, can't knock down shots. Although he's a better defender than Sato, again, his downhill game is not ideal for this slow paced Bulls team. But if there are enough minutes, then he's comfortably in the top 75. 

 

Tomas Satoransky - See above. The best option at the 1 on the Bulls.

 

Elfrid Payton - The New York Knicks. That should be enough explanation. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

 

Marquese Chriss - He's not good at all. Clueless on the court. Makes dumb fouls; high foul rate. He's one of those players like Terrance Jones. If the minutes are there, fantasy value will follow.

 

Kris Dunn - Apart from not being good himself, he's really a bad fit next to LaVine. Can't play off the ball, can't knock down shots. Although he's a better defender than Sato, again, his downhill game is not ideal for this slow paced Bulls team. But if there are enough minutes, then he's comfortably in the top 75. 

 

Tomas Satoransky - See above. The best option at the 1 on the Bulls.

 

Elfrid Payton - The New York Knicks. That should be enough explanation. 

 

Oy that's rough, I thought I got a steal with Payton cause his stats looked decent from 2018 but I guess this ain't NO. Then again NO ain't that much better than Knicks.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sleepers - Bruno caboclo, bryn forbes, robert williams, rui hachimura, zubac, taurean prince, dedmon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

For sure man. I've been doing points for 15 years. Only way to go for me. Its gonna be the most popular format pretty soon. Even this year, rotoworld did a draft special on a points league, not category


My buds and I only do a points league with a modified scale.  Tried categories and it just didn't correlate effectively from a real basketball fan perspective.  3 blocks being essentially equal to 30-35 points is nonsensical.  
 

2 hours ago, mtx said:

Can anyone comment on Chriss, Dunn, Satoranksy, Payton?? These guys seem to be borderline-150 players that nobody talks about

 

- Chriss isn't a very good player, and the combo of Cauley-Stein coming back along with Kevon Looney being in the rotation makes it pretty dense.  Add on Draymond Green being a solid rebounder, and in a best case scenario you're getting maybe 20 minutes a game.  Definitely higher upside dudes available.  

- Dunn - No solidified role with Satoranksy on the team.  He's a continual injury risk, doesn't play well next to LaVine, and even last year without someone like Satoransky in the rotation was only getting limited play and benched.  As a TWolves fan, I was PISSED when they skipped over Buddy Hield and Jamal Murray to get him.  I would definitely stay away unless you like taking risks and really need steals.  

- Satoransky/Payton - good counting stats from both.  Sato can play 1-3, so also a boon.  However, both are on relatively poor teams and part of a position battle.  Out of the 4, these would be the 2 best to target in my view, but as late fliers vs. any type of guaranteed pick.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. I didn't pay attention to the NBA Offseason so I am way off on everything......

Thoughts on Cody Zeller or Willy H?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtx said:

Thanks for all the thoughts guys. I didn't pay attention to the NBA Offseason so I am way off on everything......

Thoughts on Cody Zeller or Willy H?? 

Zeller:  Rotofriendly guy who is pretty much a lock for top 75 value on a team which is one of the worst in history with absolutely no competition for minutes.  13/9/3/1/1 on excellent efficiency when healthy.  One of the highest injury risks in the league though. So just spend a dollar on him or a late round pick and see what happens.  

 

Willy-consensus undraftable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

Zeller:  Rotofriendly guy who is pretty much a lock for top 75 value on a team which is one of the worst in history with absolutely no competition for minutes.  13/9/3/1/1 on excellent efficiency when healthy.  One of the highest injury risks in the league though. So just spend a dollar on him or a late round pick and see what happens.  

 

Willy-consensus undraftable.  

How about PJ Washington? Another multiple stocks game today

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

How about PJ Washington? Another multiple stocks game today

Probably anyone on that team is worth a flyer/wire add if they have any chance at playing.  Then just drop them later if needs be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/12/2019 at 1:34 AM, Kriggly said:


My buds and I only do a points league with a modified scale.  Tried categories and it just didn't correlate effectively from a real basketball fan perspective.  3 blocks being essentially equal to 30-35 points is nonsensical.  

 

But 35 points will contribute in many categories. E.g. Fg, 3pms, FTs.... is not only the points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caris Levert, not sure if he still qualifies as a sleeper. But I keep saying this, he will be an All-Star this year if Nets play well and contender for MIP award. D'loading was getting all the attention for Nets last season, but Levert was the best player for them before getting hurt and once again against the 76ers during the playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Zeller:  Rotofriendly guy who is pretty much a lock for top 75 value on a team which is one of the worst in history with absolutely no competition for minutes.  13/9/3/1/1 on excellent efficiency when healthy.  One of the highest injury risks in the league though. So just spend a dollar on him or a late round pick and see what happens.  

 

Willy-consensus undraftable.  

Definitely Zeller over Willy. I had bought in to Zeller as a potential top-75 guy despite injury risk, but now he is a load management risk as well. Apparently he is sitting games in back-to-backs, and he could sit a lot with minor injuries with the Hornets tanking (or at least not competing for a playoff spot).

I was going to trade Noel for him in a 20 team dynasty ( 9cat H2H), but probably won't now. But that is also a weekly league (so missing games intermittently hurts worse), and there is a 5 trade limit per year (I have used 3 already and want to save my last 2).

21 minutes ago, a-rob said:

Caris Levert, not sure if he still qualifies as a sleeper. But I keep saying this, he will be an All-Star this year if Nets play well and contender for MIP award. D'loading was getting all the attention for Nets last season, but Levert was the best player for them before getting hurt and once again against the 76ers during the playoffs

I think his ADP is reasonable, but he should be ranked a little higher. But I think calling him a sleeper is fine if you think he will be a top-50 or so player like he showed potential at the start of last year. He hasn't had a great full season yet.

Edited by tdye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.