Pyschout

Dwight Howard 2019-2020 Outlook

On 8/25/2019 at 3:46 PM, itslarry said:

He was almost 13 and 9 last year on 25 minutes. Thats rosterable in a points league h2h.

Lol he won't play 25 minutes. Are you kidding? LBJ's team needs spacing. Are we in 2004 or 2019?

21 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Lol he won't play 25 minutes. Are you kidding? LBJ's team needs spacing. Are we in 2004 or 2019?

So they're going to play Javale Mcgee over him for spacing? Or are they desperately looking for centers to end up playing AD there against his will anyway?

Not that I think he'll play 25 minutes, but I could see close to 20. Which probably puts him in the wait and see category for standard leagues unless you're already punting ft% and want to gamble on him with your last pick.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, csklmf said:

20 is pretty reasonable, who else is going to play? AD wont. People talking about kuzma at the 5, geez.

This team is super thin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, itslarry said:

20 is pretty reasonable, who else is going to play? AD wont. People talking about kuzma at the 5, geez.

This team is super thin.

Kuz at the 5 when other teams are playing small as well. Might not even happen anyways. The team is thin upfront and at PG for sure. Will be interesting to see how they distribute minutes. Will be more interesting to see who they can go out and get to prepare for a stretch run. Caruso/Rondo probably won't cut it at PG, and unless Dwight found the fountain of youth, he probably won't cut it either. I actually like the Lakers depth at the 2, 3, and 4. Definitely need help at point and at the 5 though.

Starting  C and  PG (assuming LBJ does not play PG full time) are glaring holes on this Lakers roster

Posted (edited)
On 8/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, itslarry said:

This team is super thin.

I'm good. Keep your Dwight Howard. I would rather draft 20 Andrew Wiggins than 1 Dwight Howard. He can't do jack s--- this upcoming season. Mark my word. 

Sooner or later, Dwight is gonna bitch and whine and cry about the playing time. And then LeBron, as the coach and GM of Lakers, is gonna cut him a check and ship him home. 

Tbh, there are still lots of better options than him: Zach Collins, Kevon Looney, Kelly Olynk... worst case, Alex Len, or even Dwight How... oh crap, Powell. 

Edited by csklmf

7 hours ago, csklmf said:

I'm good. Keep your Dwight Howard. I would rather draft 20 Andrew Wiggins than 1 Dwight Howard. He can't do jack s--- this upcoming season. Mark my word. 

Sooner or later, Dwight is gonna bitch and whine and cry about the playing time. And then LeBron, as the coach and GM of Lakers, is gonna cut him a check and ship him home. 

Tbh, there are still lots of better options than him: Zach Collins, Kevon Looney, Kelly Olynk... worst case, Alex Len, or even Dwight How... oh crap, Powell. 

Uh, not sure what to say to this. I'll just leave it at that. 

Dwight Howard said he feels "amazing" physically and that he’s at a "pretty good weight."

Simply put, when Howard's been healthy, he's posted impressive stats. And, prior to last season, he has been durable. From 2015-16 through 2017-18, Howard appeared in 226 out of a possible 246 games (92%) and averaged 14.7 points, 12.3 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. He's an intriguing sleeper late in fantasy drafts.

What's the mystery with him being a nuisance in the locker room? Is this really the crux of why teams aren't willing to sign/play him, does he have a complex or something? There has to be more to it than that. Everything points to him using all this as fire for a cinderella story. Let's hope he can redeem himself, and finish his career strong playing alongside the GOAT and winning himself a ring.

Dwight still has a chance to be relevant in this league. Also not to say that he hasn't been. 

He doesn't have jumpers but he can very much run with the fast pace and play good defence.

Capela may have surpassed Dwight in fantasy but in real life, it's not that far off.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:40 AM, Gile Pile said:

Starting  C and  PG (assuming LBJ does not play PG full time) are glaring holes on this Lakers roster

All positions incl bench are glaring holes, this side of Bron, AD, Kuz and Green.

• Like 1

why is everybody so low on him? last season was bad because of his back injury I guess but the years before his stats were pretty nice for punt ft teams and he was not injury prone. Hes 33 years old so he should have a few years left in the tank. 

• Like 2

Honest question no hate, has he officially come out the closet yet? Or that was just a rumor? I have no opinion regarding that one way or the other, but let’s be honest, that could create a separation in the locker room. 

Fantasy wise, if he can stay healthy, he will be serviceable big man. True C that can give you double digit rebs and depending on the minutes could lead the league in blocks. 

From the video posted above, his FTs improved or at least his FT form.

40 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Honest question no hate, has he officially come out the closet yet? Or that was just a rumor? I have no opinion regarding that one way or the other, but let’s be honest, that could create a separation in the locker room. 

Are you saying that when LeBron talks about "Taco Tuesday", Dwight might be grossed out?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ginocan said:

Fantasy wise, if he can stay healthy, he will be serviceable big man. True C that can give you double digit rebs and depending on the minutes could lead the league in blocks. 

From the video posted above, his FTs improved or at least his FT form.

There are probably 30+ gay men in the NBA who aren’t “out” publicly, though their roommates probably know, and it hasn’t caused a disruption thus far.  If it did then we’d probably hear about it by now.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

Are you saying that when LeBron talks about "Taco Tuesday", Dwight might be grossed out?

D12 prefers wiener Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

is dwight a starter? because if yes, he is definitely worth an add especially in deep leagues. the ft% is bad, but at this point in his career I don't envision him getting many offensive sets anyway, so he will not affect the FT% of your team that drastically

Honestly even if he is getting 25mpg, why are you chasing his 12 and 6 with 1 block and terrible FT%s? Javale offers far more upside as we saw last year.

I've speculatively picked him up off waivers and chucked him in my IR (I had a wasted pick to replace). I'm hoping he plays the first game of the season while he's still IR-eligible, and will have a clearer idea what to do with him after that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JStyles said:

Honestly even if he is getting 25mpg, why are you chasing his 12 and 6 with 1 block and terrible FT%s? Javale offers far more upside as we saw last year.

If he plays 25 minutes (he won't), he'll average close to a double double with probably 1.5 blocks per game. I would say that's pretty valuable in most leagues. But again, I don't see him playing 25 minutes this year. 

• Like 2