Pyschout

Dwight Howard 2019-2020 Outlook

21 hours ago, a-rob said:

is dwight a starter? because if yes, he is definitely worth an add especially in deep leagues. the ft% is bad, but at this point in his career I don't envision him getting many offensive sets anyway, so he will not affect the FT% of your team that drastically

He's running with the starters at training camp, so it looks like he'll be starting. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

He's running with the starters at training camp, so it looks like he'll be starting. 

I was so close in picking Javale McGee too. Fortunately he went a round earlier than Jarrett Allen anyway. Dodged this bullet. Screw this nonsense.

Edited by Trench Mob

Nice line today from him without AD

12 points
13 rebounds
6 assists
4 steals
1 block
2/4 fgm
8/10 ftm

I think he can still perform.. just doesn't have much opportunity they way it looks at the moment.

After today's line I changed his rank and now Howard is 120th in my prerank.

33 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

So Dwight shot 8/10 FTs in a pre season game. What should we expect here?

Something bad enough that he still only works on punt FT builds, maybe 60%.

• Like 1

It's hard to say if it could actually last but he's looked pretty spry out there. He's clearly in much better shape just within seconds of watching. He's really flying up and down the court and playing with a high motor. Kinda low key impressed with what I've seen from him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

It's hard to say if it could actually last but he's looked pretty spry out there. He's clearly in much better shape just within seconds of watching. He's really flying up and down the court and playing with a high motor. Kinda low key impressed with what I've seen from him. 

Cant agree enough! I was skeptical drafting him in my later rounds, but I think I'll keep him for now to see if he can continue that momentum going forward during regular season. I wouldnt be surprised to see AD sit for games.

I would rank McGee over him. I grabbed both just to see how this shakes out. I can see davis being center and they play small ball with kuzma and LeBron and bunch of shooters. We haven't seen a game with kuzma there yet. 

Edited by the1gq2nvy

Davis doesn’t want to play at the 5. It’s going to be a time split between Dwight and a McGee. I’d expect Dwight to average 10ppg, 8rpg, 1 assist, 1.3 bpg, 0.7Spg

2 hours ago, Boomdizzle88 said:

Davis doesn’t want to play at the 5. It’s going to be a time split between Dwight and a McGee. I’d expect Dwight to average 10ppg, 8rpg, 1 assist, 1.3 bpg, 0.7Spg

Especially in the west for play off seeding.. no way they can afford to sit many games. The competition is too competitive. Like you said .. they'll probably split a lot of time amongst the group.

It doesn't matter if he starts. The communications have been clear, this is a time share between McGee and Howard. Either or will get more or less minutes each game depending on the situation. They want to get out on the fast break and that helps Howard's case because he's still an elite rebounder.

Edited by Spyplane

On 10/19/2019 at 1:46 PM, Boomdizzle88 said:

Can somebody explain me how this works then, if Davis doesn´t play 4? What will Kuzma play,and when? LeBron also needs to play at 4. Will Kuzma get 10 minutes a game then? Davis will play a certain amount of minutes at 5, I don´t see how the rotation works without it.

3 hours ago, GmGodine said:

Can somebody explain me how this works then, if Davis doesn´t play 4? What will Kuzma play,and when? LeBron also needs to play at 4. Will Kuzma get 10 minutes a game then? Davis will play a certain amount of minutes at 5, I don´t see how the rotation works without it.

Kuz is either coming off the bench or playing the 3. They've said that McGee/Howard are the timeshare duo for center and Davis does not want to play center. I think they brought Howard in to make sure Davis shouldn't be asked to play center. I think Davis plays some center only due to injuries or a team slump where they're in need of a boost.

I think Howard is a last round guy with potential to be within the top 100 if things fall right. McGee is never gonna be able to play heavy minutes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Kuz is either coming off the bench or playing the 3. They've said that McGee/Howard are the timeshare duo for center and Davis does not want to play center. I think they brought Howard in to make sure Davis shouldn't be asked to play center. I think Davis plays some center only due to injuries or a team slump where they're in need of a boost.

I disagree, I think he´ll have to play center because it will simply benefit the team, I mean if Kuzma is his only substitute at 4 that means that LeBron won´t play at 4, and that´s absurd to me since he´s more of a 4 at this part of his career.

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

2 hours ago, GmGodine said:

I think they're downplaying the severity of his ankle injury. I'm sure they're probably trying to ease him back into rotation... With there current roster I'd see them manage with high equal minutes for both Mcgee and Howard cause Davis plays better with a true center beside him... who knows they may just deploy KUZMA off the bench to dominate the second line unit.

I took him as my 11th pick In a 12 team, so if he starts declining he wouldn't be someone I'd hesitate to drop.

I already dropped dhoward in my 14 team league. I own McGee also. I just don't see anymore than 15 mins a game if that. Like others have said, the entire preaseson there was no Kuz. The ultimate death line up for the lakers will be Davis at the 5, Lebron, Kuz, and rest of the line up surrounded by shooters and wings for small ball game. Unless there are blow outs which there maybe with how good they looked then there will be more minutes to spare for dhoward. The opportunity situation just isn't there for the crowded lakers. FYI...I'm keeping guys like pj Washington and IT over him just base on opportunity alone. Lakers are crowded this year. 

Edited by the1gq2nvy

4 hours ago, GmGodine said:

I disagree, I think he´ll have to play center because it will simply benefit the team, I mean if Kuzma is his only substitute at 4 that means that LeBron won´t play at 4, and that´s absurd to me since he´s more of a 4 at this part of his career.

The Lakers need a bench. Bron is getting old, and they will need punch off the bench. Maybe Kuz closes games, I don't know, but there will be lots of minutes for Dwight and JaVale. What's best for the Lakers if a healthy LeBron all season. What's best for the Lakers is a happy Davis on a contract year.

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I think they're downplaying the severity of his ankle injury. I'm sure they're probably trying to ease him back into rotation... With there current roster I'd see them manage with high equal minutes for both Mcgee and Howard cause Davis plays better with a true center beside him... who knows they may just deploy KUZMA off the bench to dominate the second line unit.

I took him as my 11th pick In a 12 team, so if he starts declining he wouldn't be someone I'd hesitate to drop.

Kuzma owners don't want to hear that. Its better to lobby in here against us considering Dwight. ;)

16 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The Lakers need a bench. Bron is getting old, and they will need punch off the bench. Maybe Kuz closes games, I don't know, but there will be lots of minutes for Dwight and JaVale. What's best for the Lakers if a healthy LeBron all season. What's best for the Lakers is a happy Davis on a contract year.

Exactly! I genuinely think that they legit would have snuck into the playoffs last year if Bron didn't go down during that Golden State game. They're going to definitely manage his playing time / and b2b games. A healthy Davis who can most certain win games without lebron on certain nights against teams eyeing for lottery, so expect DH to get a lot of playing time!

Edited by Monkeyking69
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Exactly! I genuinely think that they legit would have snuck into the playoffs last year if Bron didn't go down during that Golden State game. They're going to definitely manage his playing time / and b2b games. A healthy Davis who can most certain win games without lebron on certain nights against teams eyeing for lottery, so expect DH to get a lot of playing time!

Yeah, they aren't concerned with making the playoffs, they're concern with being 100% ready for the playoffs. Dwight doesn't have the offensive game of Boogie but he brings rebounding production and interior defense that they were hoping to get out of Boogie.

Edited by Spyplane

2 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Yeah, they aren't concerned with making the playoffs, they're concern with being 100% ready for the playoffs. Dwight doesn't have the offensive game of Boogie but he brings rebounding production and interior defense that they were hoping to get out of Boogie.

Excited for the season! It'll be fun to watch. Its too bad man that he wasn't in his prime ... DWIGHT was such a beauty to watch in Orlando.

1 hour ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Excited for the season! It'll be fun to watch. Its too bad man that he wasn't in his prime ... DWIGHT was such a beauty to watch in Orlando.

Dho in his prime wouldn’t be able to play along side with LBJ and Davis. 

In his prime he is not accepting the bench role that he is having now. 

13 hours ago, ginocan said:

Dho in his prime wouldn’t be able to play along side with LBJ and Davis. 

In his prime he is not accepting the bench role that he is having now. 

Missed both games tonight.. sadly... curious did dwight do good and do you expect improvements or is this pretty much his ceiling at this point with both him and McGee playing along side each other