Pyschout

Dwight Howard 2019-2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Missed both games tonight.. sadly... curious did dwight do good and do you expect improvements or is this pretty much his ceiling at this point with both him and McGee playing along side each other 

I think you hit the nail right on the head with McGee and Dho splitting time and both have similar role and contributions. It will be hard to trust them on any rotation, other than streaming. Today NBA is making both those “true” Centers worth not as much consider they do not contribute to 3s. Especially on the LAL team that will probably deploy Davis and LBJ as 4/5 position against smaller lineups which are most teams’ lineups. AD and LBJ are elite defenders that will probably take the Rebs and blks away from McGee/Dho. So, imo, today’s stat line is probably and most likely be the norm for both those guys. There will be nights against weaker lineups, that they will have good game. But not tonight against an elite defensive team like LAC. 

• Like 1

From the other thread, more relevant here:

Dwight got more minutes than I expected and did absolutely nothing with them. He has lost hops and lateral movement. He has stone hands and can't catch lob passes because of his diminished leaping ability. I would not be surprised if he gets less minutes next game. But at least he is splitting minutes at C, so that is something positive for him. 

7 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

From the other thread, more relevant here:

Dwight got more minutes than I expected and did absolutely nothing with them. He has lost hops and lateral movement. He has stone hands and can't catch lob passes because of his diminished leaping ability. I would not be surprised if he gets less minutes next game. But at least he is splitting minutes at C, so that is something positive for him. 

Thanks brother! I decided to drop him and will keep a close eye on him to see how Lakers make there adjustment last night following the lost to an incomplete Clippers Roster. Granted KUZMA wasn't playing either. I was definitely surprised to see him get more minutes than MCGEE, but I wasn't able to catch the game last night.

I feel like there were 2 things that stopped him from having a game last game; 1st, he got in foul trouble early, he got his 3rd and was forced to sit, and 2nd, the Clips shot lights out! There weren’t any boards to get when D12 was on the floor. I was watching like a hawk. It’s only the first game, and the Lakers offense was just throw it to AD in the high post. That’s it. Things will clean up and D12 could have an opportunity to be a 10 & 9 guy, imo. I think if you still own him, hold for 1 or 2 more games, just to be safe. You don’t wanna see somebody in your league bragging about how he’s the waiver wire sensei for picking D12 up if he’s doing damage. 

• Like 2

This dude looks sick (like ill).....wtf happened to him? 

42 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I feel like there were 2 things that stopped him from having a game last game; 1st, he got in foul trouble early, he got his 3rd and was forced to sit, and 2nd, the Clips shot lights out! There weren’t any boards to get when D12 was on the floor. I was watching like a hawk. It’s only the first game, and the Lakers offense was just throw it to AD in the high post. That’s it. Things will clean up and D12 could have an opportunity to be a 10 & 9 guy, imo. I think if you still own him, hold for 1 or 2 more games, just to be safe. You don’t wanna see somebody in your league bragging about how he’s the waiver wire sensei for picking D12 up if he’s doing damage. 

Definitely someone i'll continue to watch closely.. its too bad I missed the two games last night, so I wasn't able to watch him closely, and/or OG.

Thanks man for the insight ❤️

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crocp said:

This dude looks sick (like ill).....wtf happened to him? 

father time and a lifetime of hardcore PED use caught up to him.  he was probably on the good vitamins for most of his prime.  might still be on some, but they aren't working like they used to.  he's also lost quite a bit of his athletic timing, which tends to happen to the explosive guys that always had a large margin for error on their play at the rim on both ends.  now the he can't jump out of the gym he's gotta rely more on smarts and guile and that's not his game.

Someone dropped him in my league and I hopped right on. But I’m also in dire needs of boards and blocks. I really hope he can do well and stay healthy 

Double double with 4 blks,is he reborn?

• Like 4

lotta garbage time in this game but i'm hoping he can do this every night

🙏

Charlotte is the worst team in the league, but he is outplaying McGee and getting more minutes. So he looks like the better option to own. 

He looked energized tonight and those buckets and blocks were real.  I doubt this will be a norm (esp when they play against someone other than the Hornets), but might as well grab him as a flier if you have dead weight.

I don't care who he was playing, it's who he's playing with and what he looks like out there. I'm talking opportunity and being prepared to capitalize. Check, check. If he stays healthy he's going to provide good value at the end of the bench.

He looks re-energized out there in his second stint with LAL.

Any chance he gets a minutes increase as the season progresses, or maybe even take over the starting role?

He seems like a great fit off the bench as an energy guy.

• Like 1

The Blocks are there which is a good sign, i think as the season goes we will slowly see Howard take the bigger share of the C timeshare, be it ever so slightly

think ROS i prefer howard to mcgee

When he gets the minutes he’s great for stats. Think they’re running small ball this game but still doing well with what he’s been given tonight.

dude makes some of the dumbest fouls. b2b games where he fouls as time expires in the 1st q when they are in the penalty. that hold to get danny free was awful as well. o well fantasy stats are there

Double Double in only 20 mins:ph34r:

Edited by kane
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, kane said:

Double Double in only 20 mins:ph34r:

and 2 blocks!

feel like kuzma might cut into his playing time but iono dwight is still a decent player