Fuzzy_Slippers

8/19 - GAME DAY THREAD

I like Gallen as a pitcher. Dude has good stuff.  I'm not sure i like his mechanics, though.

Gallen didn’t have walk issues in AAA this year shown by his 1.68 bb/9 in 91.1 innings. Weird he is walking so many guys in the bigs. His bb/9 is 4.83 between the marlins and dbacks this year.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Gallen walks way too many guys.

Unfortunately have to agree.  It looked like he had put it behind him to an extent, not walking more than 3 in a game in his last 4 starts.  Doesn't matter how many guys you strike out or how few hits you give up if you walk so many guys you can't make it past 5 innings.

Just walked his 6th by the way since they brought him back out for the 6th.

Still, the worst part of the game tonight is the fact that the D-Backs are being no-hit by Chi Chi Gonzalez.  This is at least the third embarrassing performance by a team against disgraceful pitching in the last few days (the other two being Tampa nearly getting shut out twice in a row by Detroit over the weekend.  Even with the awful WHIP, there's no reason why Gallen shouldn't still be in line for an easy win against an awful pitcher.

Edited by KilloWertz

Well, I guess the venting paid off. Marte just hit a 2-run HR to give them the lead.  Gallen in line for the win now.

Gallen has no-hit stuff. Gets those walks under control (puzzling) Watch out!

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Injured leg

Wondering if it was more precautionary than something serious.  I had no idea he got hurt until now, but it's been said that he stayed in to run and then left the game in between innings.  Won't really know anything until tomorrow though I suppose.

6 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Wondering if it was more precautionary than something serious.  I had no idea he got hurt until now, but it's been said that he stayed in to run and then left the game in between innings.  Won't really know anything until tomorrow though I suppose.

I'm hearing hamstring injury.  Day to day.

1 minute ago, mehtavg2000 said:

I'm hearing hamstring injury.  Day to day.

Same here, but no real word on if we should be concerned or not.

I have a trade pending right now with him involved, and I want to actually do it, but obviously if this was something serious I would have nixed it.  Without seeing what happened, obviously I'm just guessing, but I don't know if he would have even stayed in to run if it was anything more than a day-to-day injury.

Something, something Wade Davis road ERA. He sucks, plain and simple. Go grab Estevez or maybe even Diaz.

4 hours ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Maybe he should listen to me cause he is about to take another L

7 innings, 11 K, 5 hits, 1 BB, 2 ER. 

Quit whining

38 minutes ago, cs3 said:

7 innings, 11 K, 5 hits, 1 BB, 2 ER. 

Quit whining

I yearn for those stats. 😭