Pyschout

Lonzo Ball 2019-2020 Outlook

BBM is saying he's gonna play 32 minutes a night, and has him at 80th.  And that's including his atrocious (although on low volume) FT%.  What's going on with his health?  At this point, that's my main concern with him.

(I'm also curious if his main fans on this forum are still so high on him, or if that suddenly changed when he got traded, a la D'Angelo)

1 hour ago, Pyschout said:

BBM is saying he's gonna play 32 minutes a night, and has him at 80th.  And that's including his atrocious (although on low volume) FT%.  What's going on with his health?  At this point, that's my main concern with him.

(I'm also curious if his main fans on this forum are still so high on him, or if that suddenly changed when he got traded, a la D'Angelo)

His stat profile is Draymond lite.  We can’t answer the health question bc no one has a crystal ball.  Do you think it’s worth a 7th round pick for a Draymond whose over/under on games played is probably 50?  Idk I’m Iffy on him.  Got him pretty late in an early dynasty.  Otherwise I haven’t targeted him. 

3 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

why would you target this guy at all?  I would take Marcus Smart before I take this guy, huge bust

Me too.  But I have Smart in the top 75. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

why would you target this guy at all?  I would take Marcus Smart before I take this guy, huge bust

Ball was the #78 player his rookie year and his horrific FG% increased from 36% to 41% between Year 1 and 2. And LeBron is now out of the picture, which besides injury was the biggest factor in his fantasy decline last year. I expect a big year from him. 

• Like 4

On 8/19/2019 at 7:51 PM, Fantasyscrub said:

In the right setup, he can be super useful,like your 5-7th best player.  So...yeah?  That's the beauty of category leagues.

• Like 1

My guess is he can very narrowly finish inside TOP100, but hardly it happens.

In my opinion, he will be decent for punt fg/to teams in per game (top 50 in that setting). I don't think he makes the top 100 otherwise, maybe rank 135? If you're not punting those, stay far far away no matter where you get him. He will destroy your team if not. Seriously. Grim reaper. 

Overall I'm not too interested in him because he cant stay on the floor and injuries are absolute team killers, especially on multi cat punt teams. I almost always punt fg% and am still not targeting him at all. His fg% is such garbage that he will probably make you lose fg% against other punt fg/to teams (there is usually a few). I am big on semi punts and I think he has a Wiggins type effect this year. Nothing like your team shooting 45% on the week losing to a team shooting 46% because of lonzo ball. 

Good late draft sneaky pair with harden teams if you want to gamble or if late draft comes around and you feel like you messed up, so gambling on injuries is your only way out. 

I doubt he plays 60 games and predict he has the worst fg% in the nba, or at least top 5 worst for decent usage players. $6 auction, 9th round snake. 

He was given too much of a green light his first year and did well minus 3 cats, but he proved to be a bust in comparison to his hype. I doubt he gets the green light like he did that first year as pelicans are looking to make playoffs and lonzo isn't a winner. Maybe one day, but he still needs a few more years in my opinion. Its hes too stubborn to fix his shooting form, he is a career bust. 

Get out those $400 big baller shoes and draft him in the 6th! Invite me to your league first though please. 

• Like 2

Seriously, only 5 posts for this guy?? His numbers look decent for punt FG, FT build no w/ decent AST:TO ratio?? Playing without Lebron he'll get more touches??

I like his outlook alot more with Zion in the lineup. The 2 of them look like they could be a really effective combo. Hopefully zion isnt out too long.

I think he can be something like 12/6/6 with 2 threes, 2 steals, and .5 blocks.  That's Draymondesque.  If you're in a points league or punting all 3 efficiency cats that could be top 50 value.  Even if you look at his line last year (which I think he will improve from) he was 53rd in you turn off the efficiency cats.  It's actually not that difficult to build around.  You can punt FG/TO (his FT volume is literally 1 per game).  Or a punt FT team which has excellent FG can make up for his FG.  Or simply roster him in 8 cat, no punts, and cross your fingers on the percentages.  I think he can your 8th or 9th guy in 8 cat even with no punts.  I took a flyer on him in the 9th round of a 9 cat roto dynasty startup this offseason.  I tend to let old guys fall to me in dynasty and only occasionally take shots at young guys if I like their value.  I remember Lonzo being a 2-3 rounder in dynasty so imagine my surprise to see him there in the 9th.  At that point I can roster him as my worst guy or I can just float him on my bench, waiting for him to develop.  It's basically a free roll.   

31 minutes ago, mdpharm23 said:

The only similarity between him and Draymond is they both can’t shoot 

And that they’re ahead of the median in every category but points and efficiency.  And that they’re punt point guys.  But you know.  Nothing else.  

• Like 1

Grabbed him late in a points league pretty happy about it. If you grab him you might as well get Nickeil too as both a handcuff and a high upside stash.

everyone sleepin on zo

i reached for him (72 overall), but think he’s going to be jason kiddesque with the all-around stats when it’s all said n done..

i believe his percentages will be up across the board, as he’s worked on his shot mechanics extensively this offseason.

those of you who passed up on him in the 90-100 range are gunna regret it BIG time if he performs like i believe he can. 

Lonzo was my sleeper pick. Unfortunately, he got sniped early. I think he puts up top 60 value.

Edited by Elzhi
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lvlelvlo said:

What do you guys think about lonzo vs smart for roto?

lonzo > smart in any format 

1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

lonzo > smart in any format 

Agree with this.. just the name value of lonzo should be able to fetch more than smart.

i thought he played pretty well when he was actually on

1 minute ago, Quazza said:

i thought he played pretty well when he was actually on

Exactly...Going to be a long season with this coach/rotation...Sucks

21 minutes including 0 in the fourth. And he was balling when he was in. Wtf is Gentry smoking? 

Just now, stay_woke said:

21 minutes including 0 in the fourth. And he was balling when he was in. Wtf is Gentry smoking? 

to be fair they just went on a 10-0 run