Pyschout

Lonzo Ball 2019-2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

21 minutes including 0 in the fourth. And he was balling when he was in. Wtf is Gentry smoking? 

Jackson and Hart pulled it back for the Pels. Just kept rolling with them. 

Just now, Quazza said:

to be fair they just went on a 10-0 run

He was benched with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, smh...

Jason Hart gonna end up playing more minutes than Lonzo

We got a timeshare on our hands, folks 

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Jackson and Hart pulled it back for the Pels. Just kept rolling with them. 

The game was never really out of reach, it’s been close pretty much the entire game..

Look at the minutes distribution, it’s basically a timeshare the entire roster with the exception of Jrue Holiday - Jrue gonna eat.

I feel like Gentry is just trying different things out there right, with the only constants being Jrue and Ingram (and Zion when he's back). Things will probably settle later on, or so I'm hoping.

6 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

haha, it's possible...

I did not draft him for points, so if he would have played more (normal) in regulation, he would have filled up stat sheet very nicely..But he only played 20 minutes (im not counting overtime)...They took him out in the 6:00 of the 3rd and that was it for regulation, smh...

I think he’s going to be decent, I have him in a couple spots.  His line last night wasn’t bad until he sat.  His usage is going to be like 15% and he probably won’t play over 28 mpg. But he doesn’t need usage to get stocks.  This game doesn’t move him in either direction for me.  

Just saw his highlights from yesterday's game, his shot looks 10000% better than on the Lakers. And he has so much confidence to throw up the 3 ball right now, he looks like a completely different player. If he can stay healthy for most of the season (granted thats a big if) he can definitely contend for MIP

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

Just saw his highlights from yesterday's game, his shot looks 10000% better than on the Lakers. And he has so much confidence to throw up the 3 ball right now, he looks like a completely different player. If he can stay healthy for most of the season (granted thats a big if) he can definitely contend for MIP

he was good last year before getting injured too 

Loving this, if those %s and 3s stay hot I don't think we can classify him as a Punt player anymore lol

Edited by mtx

Is it time to move on from Ball? Thought the Pelicans style would suit him but gentry has no clue what he is doing and unless he gets fired soon I cant see Lonzo improving especially when Jrue and Zion return 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Is it time to move on from Ball? Thought the Pelicans style would suit him but gentry has no clue what he is doing and unless he gets fired soon I cant see Lonzo improving especially when Jrue and Zion return 

Yep, you can find 2.8 3pm / 4.8 reb / 7.3 ast / 1.8st on the wire in basically any 2 team league 😅 I'd drop him for Towns, if he is still available.

Joking aside, his free throws look a lot better and he kept his turnovers down. Other than the first game when he was benched in the end it's been a very encouraging start - if he can stay healthy it will be a great year. Jrue and Zion won't affect him much - his value doesn't come from a high usage rate anyway.

Edited by PhiladelphiaPhoenix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PhiladelphiaPhoenix said:

Yep, you can find 2.8 3pm / 4.8 reb / 7.3 ast / 1.8st on the wire in basically and 2 team league 😅 I'd drop him for Towns, if he is still available.

Joking aside, his free throws look a lot better and he kept his turnovers down. Other than the first game when he was benched in the end it's been a very encouraging start - if he can stay healthy it will be a great year. Jrue and Zion won't affect him much - his value doesn't come from a high usage rate anyway.

My issue is the coach isnt getting him involved enough. Gentry is playing too many guards but i hope when Jrue and Zion return and more attention is on them, Zo will get stronger

2 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

My issue is the coach isnt getting him involved enough. Gentry is playing too many guards but i hope when Jrue and Zion return and more attention is on them, Zo will get stronger

He's exceeding his ADP by like 3 rounds.  Were you expecting him to be a first rounder this year or something?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

Where is the confused reaction when you need it.

Do you mean sell high because he's literally been the best he's ever been this past week?
Also he's doing this on very low usage so don't worry too much about Jrue and Zion coming back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

Ranked 37th on BBM in 9-cat. Why the hell would you move on from that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

This guy must be talking about Jrue or something..... 🤣

I've been trying for the past 3 months to move Ball in my keeper, everyone rejected my offers (even offered Ball for Bridges at one point), I'm thrilled people turned me down. Ball'in!