Sign in to follow this  
chicagowhitesox1173

What team is best bet to win in week one?

Posted (edited)

im in this pool with 700 people (100 dollar buy in), where all you have to do is pick one winner each week to advance. I can pick the Patriots every week if I wanted to. Last year me and 75 percent of the league was knocked out by picking the Saints in week one. Is there any sure bet this year in week one.

its crazy to think that there are rarely ever ties in this thing. It’s usually one winner every year.

Edited by chicagowhitesox1173

Here would be my early week 1 picks. Note #1 is the matchup I'm most confident in and #16 is the matchup I'm least confident in.

1. WSH at PHI
2. CIN at SEA
2. LAR at CAR
5. KC at JAX
6. TEN at CLE
8. PIT at NE
9. GB at CHI
7. IND at LAC
10. BUF at NYJ
11. HOU at NO
12. DET at ARI
13. BAL at MIA
14. ATL at MIN
15. SF at TB
16. DEN at OAK

So I'd be going with Philly over the Redskins. I don't think there's really an obvious pick this week, but I'm feeling pretty good about those picks at the top.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, chicagowhitesox1173 said:

Last year me and 75 percent of the league was knocked out by picking the Saints in week one. Is there any sure bet this year in week one.

I think you just answered your own question :)

But I think the three worst teams are AZ, Miami and Washington.

- AZ plays home against Detroit. I like Detroit in that game, but not sure it's a cert.

- Miami plays home against the Ravens. Not that sure either.

- Washington against Philly; again I'm not that sure.

Alternatively, I like the Browns over the Titans. That should be a pretty good game.

I hadn't studied the schedule mauch but it looks like a great first week with some great close games!

Edited by Boudewijn

14 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

Here would be my early week 1 picks. Note #1 is the matchup I'm most confident in and #16 is the matchup I'm least confident in.

1. WSH at PHI
2. CIN at SEA
3. LAR at CAR
4. NYG at DAL
5. KC at JAX
6. TEN at CLE
7. PIT at NE
8. GB at CHI
9. IND at LAC
10. BUF at NYJ
11. HOU at NO
12. DET at ARI
13. BAL at MIA
14. ATL at MIN
15. SF at TB
16. DEN at OAK

So I'd be going with Philly over the Redskins. I don't think there's really an obvious pick this week, but I'm feeling pretty good about those picks at the top.

Just looked at my original response and noticed I messed up the numbering and removed the NYG at DAL matchup. Fixed above.