kmoore1521

Nick Solak 2019 Outlook

Anyone familiar with Yahoo know if they will give me credit for what he does today even though they have him listed as a Tampa bay ray 

Just now, Kramjam24 said:

Anyone familiar with Yahoo know if they will give me credit for what he does today even though they have him listed as a Tampa bay ray 

Yeah id like to know that too. In a daily league and I scooped him and started him today with the double header going on...

Congrats to the kid getting his first knock. Gotta be a big monkey off his back. Excited to see how he performs tonight/going forward. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

Yahoo fixed it hopefully he plays both games today 

He is.  He's playing 2B this time and batting 6th again.

His numbers might not jump off the page like some of the other prospects that have been called up recently (overall, not just since the trade), but if this is an indication that he will get plenty of playing time, he has a leg up on most of them already (here's looking at you Arizona with Rojas).

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

He is.  He's playing 2B this time and batting 6th again.

His numbers might not jump off the page like some of the other prospects that have been called up recently (overall, not just since the trade), but if this is an indication that he will get plenty of playing time, he has a leg up on most of them already (here's looking at you Arizona with Rojas).

He's always been a very good, not great, prospect. That said, he's also been buried in Tampa Bay with their dearth of MI talent.  This year, he's been lights out and the power surge may be juiced ball related, but the kid does look like he could put up some decent numbers.  

Texas plays Baltimore during my fantasy playoffs. I’m in on the kid.

15 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

You are correct on his numbers overall.  But his numbers have started jumping off the page since he was traded to TX (although granted, smaller sample).  .347/.386/.653 with 10 HR and 2 SB in 30 games would project out nicely (if it worked like that...)

He's going to get playing time.  He's on track to being a full time starter next year (now as to what position, I have no idea).

He could steal job  from Odor if he hits, most likely next year thats a given considering how inferior of a hitter and bad defender Odor is.... Surprised he is called up this year at all,  but honestly Rangers are tired of Odor. He starting at 2b tonight! He was in top 100 mlb prospect lists to some degree or close to top 100.

I was immediately interested yesterday when he hit one hard for an out and then the next one out for a HR.

21 hours ago, DJSatane said:

He could steal job  from Odor if he hits, most likely next year thats a given considering how inferior of a hitter and bad defender Odor is.... Surprised he is called up this year at all,  but honestly Rangers are tired of Odor. He starting at 2b tonight! He was in top 100 mlb prospect lists to some degree or close to top 100.

The trade to Texas was big writing on the wall that he'd debut this season. The bulk of Tampa's trades, including the Solak deal, were done to clear 40 man roster space. Solak is Rule 5 eligible this offseason so they would have lost his rights had he not been on the 40-man in the offseason. At that point, might as well see what they had in him.

If he keeps hitting I see no reason why he can't take Odor's job.

FanGraphs WAR this season:

Nick Solak 0.2 (3 games)

Rougned Odor -0.1 (112 games)

• Haha 7

Rangers have announced that he is officially working out at 3B and 1B.  Sounds like he has a chance to move all over the diamond as he has played both corner outfield positions and 2B in the minors - adding 1B and 3B to his arsenal only increases his value. I like him.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that's great news, particularly for dynasty purposes.  The hit tool looks legit at this point, he's got some speed, and the power seems to be coming along as well.  Small MLB sample, but in an environment with so many random power breakouts, I'd rather roll the dice on a known quantity hit tool than hope a power-first prospect finds their way to a safe average.

• Like 1

Sitting tonight.  Forsythe has really done nothing all season, but continues to get solid playing time.  If this is just a day off for Solak, fine, but they still need to stop playing Forsythe and just roll with an IF of Santana, Solak, Andrus, and I suppose Odor.

Not really implying that I think Solak is in danger of getting the Josh Rojas treatment, but finally giving up on Forsythe would eliminate any chance of a random day off for no reason for players like Solak and Santana.  And I second what others are saying that Solak looks pretty solid already.

Teams/managers are just not very smart. 

Thoughts on him?  Will he continue to bath in the middle of the order?  A little power and speed for Roto?

Oops...hopefully he's not going to "bath" in the middle of the order...

Hitting a weak good Avg Probably a lot of luck involved now

3 hours ago, Macgregor said:

I'm interested. If Hiura hits the DL or is done for a stretch, this guy is one of my targets.

Same situation, looking at him as well, and they play 7 games next week

19 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Same situation, looking at him as well, and they play 7 games next week

In Yankee stadium, he was drafted by the Yankees, and then Baltimore. Gotta like that schedule. Hoping he can replace Hiura’s production on my team :(