jmcampbe11

Trade Betts/Verlander for Yelich in 1 Player Keeper League?

Can anyone give me a compelling reason why I shouldn't trade Betts / Verlander for Yelich in a one player keeper league that I have NO CHANCE of winning this season? Before the trade Betts would be my keeper. After the trade Yelich would be my keeper. 

1 minute ago, bigboyish said:

I would't do this, giving up too much IMO.

"one player keeper league that I have NO CHANCE of winning this season?"

He can only keep one player next year and he is out of it.  Yes the other guy is getting a good deal and probably going for it all this year.  

It’ll PROBABLY work out fine, but you’re selling low on Mookie and buying high on Yelich. Consider some may have done that last season with Mookie or JRam. Also, Mookie is a year younger than Yelich. I don’t think this is the slam dunk you think it is. 

I don’t mind it. Go with your gut. But needing to throw JV in there seems like overkill and while that doesn’t make a difference to you in a one-keeper league (strange), your league mates probably won’t like it. But I guess that’s what you get in this format.

• Like 1

I would. Its pretty much Yelich or Betts. Can't really go wrong with either, but Ill take Yelich.

1 hour ago, bigboyish said:

I would't do this, giving up too much IMO.

Doesn't matter how much I'm giving up. It boils down to whether or not you think Yelich is a better keeper than Betts. 

58 minutes ago, Welcome To My House said:

"one player keeper league that I have NO CHANCE of winning this season?"

He can only keep one player next year and he is out of it.  Yes the other guy is getting a good deal and probably going for it all this year.  

Exactly. It really boils down to the this question. Is Yelich a better keeper than Betts? This is shaping up to be Mookie's second sub par year in the last three. He didn't live up to his first round selection in 2017 and it doesn't look like he's going to this year either. Yelich, on the other hand, only seems to be getting better. The other owner also has Bellinger too...

46 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

It’ll PROBABLY work out fine, but you’re selling low on Mookie and buying high on Yelich. Consider some may have done that last season with Mookie or JRam. Also, Mookie is a year younger than Yelich. I don’t think this is the slam dunk you think it is. 

I don’t mind it. Go with your gut. But needing to throw JV in there seems like overkill and while that doesn’t make a difference to you in a one-keeper league (strange), your league mates probably won’t like it. But I guess that’s what you get in this format.

For what it's worth I plan on advertising that I'm looking for a keeper upgrade, before I accept. I figure it will appease the rest of the league if I give them all a chance to make a play for Mookie/Verlander. The problem is the only players who I'd consider possible upgrades are Trout, Acuna, Yelich and "maybe" Bellinger.

The owner that has Trout seems to be out of contention, but I'm curious if you would make the same trade for him (i..e, Mookie/Verlander for Trout) if he's available? 

Just move Verlander for Yelich straight up 

3 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The owner that has Trout seems to be out of contention, but I'm curious if you would make the same trade for him (i..e, Mookie/Verlander for Trout) if he's available? 

Doubt it if he is out of it.  What is his gain? 

No brainer for me.  Betts is good. Yelich is better.

Hardly see the point to a 1 player keeper...may as well just do a full redraft and be done with it imo, but to each his own.

As to the deal, sure, take Yelich as he is the better player right now, but honestly, Betts vs. Yelich is not that big a change as year to year either of the two could out produce the other imo.  Yelich gets you more steals, but that may change as he gets older. 

When was the last time Betts hit 33 homers? never

Yelich has twice

On 8/20/2019 at 3:57 PM, jmcampbe11 said:

Exactly. It really boils down to the this question. Is Yelich a better keeper than Betts? This is shaping up to be Mookie's second sub par year in the last three. He didn't live up to his first round selection in 2017 and it doesn't look like he's going to this year either. Yelich, on the other hand, only seems to be getting better. The other owner also has Bellinger too...

You have EXTREMELY high standards if you think Betts season has been sub par.

No, he hasn't put up the numbers of his MVP season, but still better than most. League leader in R. He is the 17th ranked offensive player in my league. Just not sub par at all.

I would rather have Yelich though

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

When was the last time Betts hit 33 homers? never

Yelich has twice

Weird, arbitrary number lol. Mookie has hit 32 and 31 and different years. So you use 33? 😂😂 

How many times has Yelich stole 25 bases??  Never.

Mookie has twice

Edited by Backdoor Slider
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

You have EXTREMELY high standards if you think Betts season has been sub par.

No, he hasn't put up the numbers of his MVP season, but still better than most. League leader in R. He is the 17th ranked offensive player in my league. Just not sub par at all.

I would rather have Yelich though

His season has been subpar based on where he was drafted. He's had a "good" season, but certainly not a first round pick type season. This is also his first non elite season in the last four years. I'm not saying I'm completely sold on what Yelich is doing, but he does seem to be trending in the better direction. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:23 PM, Rush2112 said:

Just move Verlander for Yelich straight up 

Lol i swear you just go around trolling. Sad if someone takes your advice as serious

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

Lol i swear you just go around trolling. Sad if someone takes your advice as serious

He is either the greatest troll in the world and never breaks character, or mentally ill in some capacity. I’m truly not sure which.

7 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

His season has been subpar based on where he was drafted. He's had a "good" season, but certainly not a first round pick type season. This is also his first non elite season in the last four years. I'm not saying I'm completely sold on what Yelich is doing, but he does seem to be trending in the better direction. 

Again, you seem to have VERY high expectations. There is no way I can say he has been sub par. He isn't far off from 1st round grade atm.

Of course my league has a bit different scoring to maybe effect rankings a bit, and a 10 teamer, but let's go off the Top 12.

I wont go specific rank, just whether Top 12 is in Top 12.

Trout- Yes, Betts- No, Arenado- No, Martinez- No, Scherzer- No, Turner- No, Yelich- Yes, Acuna- Yes, Degrom- No, Ramirez- No, Altuve- No, Harper- No.

3 out of 12.

And if we go top 30: Betts, Arenado, Scherzer make it in.

Again, I would rather have Yelich, but to call it Sub Par seems unfair. 

On 8/22/2019 at 6:53 AM, Backdoor Slider said:

Weird, arbitrary number lol. Mookie has hit 32 and 31 and different years. So you use 33? 😂😂 

How many times has Yelich stole 25 bases??  Never.

Mookie has twice

Let's get recent

Last 2 years Yelich has 30 more homer's and even has more sb

Give me the 35 homer guy over a 25 homer guy was the point