AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, BMcP said:

Yes he has - Reid stated at the presser announcing the McCoy signing that Damien was still viewed as the starter.  The fact that he also envisioned a committee RB approach doesn’t invalidate that fact.

You actually believed coach speak? What else was he supposed to say for the morale of Damien and his loyal teammates? Meanwhile, they paid McCoy twice Damien's salary and Andy was grinning himself to sleep that night they signed McCoy.

As i mentioned in the McCoy thread, the Eagles, Patriots, and Chargers all wanted Shady hence he is not washed up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sooo anyone’s starting him this week? 

2 hours ago, HOF12 said:

I’m starting him over David Montgomery this week.......rolling dice

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Canesglory said:

I think that’s a good move. 

I am a McCoy owner and was unable to get Darrel and am very nervous about it. At minimum, I feel like he takes Damien’s spot in the timeshare.

The thing I keep coming back to is he played behind Fournett and Guice at LSU but when he got the opportunity he had more runs of 30+ yards than Guice on far fewer carries and was eventually named team MVP. Maybe that was just due to schedule and/or a couple of blow out games but it’s certainly not a bad thing and it Might mean Darrel was simply overlooked in the draft because he never got the chance. 

Also, Stafford is hurt and the Lions run D has apparently not been great this year. Seems like Darrel could get a lot of clock killing touches as early as the beginning of the 3rd quarter

5 hours ago, HOF12 said:

I'm sure anyone who lost barkley and nabbed Darrel will be starting him

im ready to see darrel run wild, I liked what I saw last week

23 minutes ago, cub77 said:

Same...thinking Williams. 

Same predicament here. If Burkhead is OUT I may be forced to go back to Sony. Sony had a good game vs Buffalo late last season. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

14 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Same predicament here. If Burkhead is OUT I may be forced to go back to Sony. Sony had a good game vs Buffalo late last season. 

Burkhead is officially in 

6 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Hell yes

• Thanks 1

Starting him over Royce Freeman, Crackhead and RoJo. I know that's some trash talent to beat out but he should get 10-12 touches. 

3 hours ago, FreakFries said:

I think that’s a good move. 

I am a McCoy owner and was unable to get Darrel and am very nervous about it. At minimum, I feel like he takes Damien’s spot in the timeshare.

The thing I keep coming back to is he played behind Fournett and Guice at LSU but when he got the opportunity he had more runs of 30+ yards than Guice on far fewer carries and was eventually named team MVP. Maybe that was just due to schedule and/or a couple of blow out games but it’s certainly not a bad thing and it Might mean Darrel was simply overlooked in the draft because he never got the chance. 

Also, Stafford is hurt and the Lions run D has apparently not been great this year. Seems like Darrel could get a lot of clock killing touches as early as the beginning of the 3rd quarter

That is the conundrum I’m facing, thinking of starting Williams over Stafford in a SuperFlex league.  I need to look into some updates on Stafford’s injury status.

If Stafford isn’t 100%, the Chiefs will run away with this one, meaning Williams may dominate touches in the second half.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mashman24 said:

Starting Williams over Gurley and feeling good about it.

In a roundabout way, me too.  Crazy to be considering a guy plucked off waivers this week over Gurley and Stafford (for me). 

4 hours ago, Canesglory said:

Appears to be a good move, KC offense is just so good. Needs only 12 touches to get value.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:01 PM, timexsocialclub said:

3rd best behind Fournette and Guice.

He ran a 4.7 40 but was clocked at 21 MPH on Sunday v Baltimore. He is also 5'11" 225 lbs. So he is moving some size on that formidable frame at that speed.

There is lots to see here.

Looking at the chart below, that equates to guys who run a 4.6

... https://www.healthyfoodhouse.com/u-s-government-finally-admits-cannabis-really-kill-cancer-cells/?fbclid=IwAR3rhMxtAtjCyr-KxuWzrdzPlLB4yEFHWBi485sQVftJ9jCBR_L9lGz6Y1E

One difference tho,,, the speeds listed are derived from their top speed being the last 20 yards of their 40. In other words, they weren't in cleats.

Edited by Jags02

39 minutes ago, mashman24 said:

Starting Williams over Gurley and feeling good about it.

Starting McCoy over Gurley....but wondering if I should add Darrell Will.

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Starting McCoy over Gurley....but wondering if I should add Darrell Will.

If you can just add Darrel... add him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Huh? McCoy over Gurley is not advised and you are seriously thinking about Williams over Gurley now too? Lol 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/lesean-mccoy-todd-gurley.php?scoring=PPR

Looks like a bunch of “experts” trying to justify their preseason rankings.  What’s funny is shady actually leads Gurley in all of the actual football production metrics in your link.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Huh? McCoy over Gurley is not advised and you are seriously thinking about Williams over Gurley now too? Lol 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/lesean-mccoy-todd-gurley.php?scoring=PPR

Why would it be crazy to start McCoy over Gurley?  What has Gurley done this season?!?!

Was thinking of adding D.Will to roster not starting.

Edited by DLG10
  • Like 1

Should be owned in all leagues.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Do you not understand how fantasy football works? You play the matchup, not what a player has done on the season lol. Gurley has a prime matchup today against the 31st ranked rushing defense, 

Bucs have given up the least amount of points to RBs of any team in football so far this season.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Looks like a bunch of “experts” trying to justify their preseason rankings.  What’s funny is shady actually leads Gurley in all of the actual football production metrics in your link.

I think one of the biggest failures of many fantasy experts this year has been to ignore the serious red flags around Gurley’s knee. There is no way he should have been a second round pick in any format. I’m continually surprised that there is still not a lot of concern for his knee given his usage had been mostly the same as his post season splits during the playoffs. Gurley is descending. Just look at the weekly rankings.

McCoy on the other hand is ascending. He looks like he is due to get 15-17 touches per game. That’s about what Gurley is getting. McCoy as of right now is in a better offense and has produced more than Gurley with a dinged up ankle while learning a new offense on the fly. 

Things could change but I don’t expect them to this week as the Bucs have been pretty good against the run.