AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

Now if only we could do fusion and fuse Darrel, McCoy, Damien and Darwin into ONE man. Basically would have a BANE looking dude running the ball. 6 TDs a game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Hopefully owned in ALL leagues.

2 hours ago, jclee4 said:

Now if only we could do fusion and fuse Darrel, McCoy, Damien and Darwin into ONE man. Basically would have a BANE looking dude running the ball. 6 TDs a game. 

They had one named Kareem Hunt. It’s taking McCoy and Williams to equal what Hunt was doing by himself, too bad he messed up. I really don’t like that I’m going to have to start both McCoy and Williams, at leas until I see how Ekeler is used with Gordon back, I’m hoping it will be like Darrel’s role where he’s not the starter but he plays on passing downs and on two minute type drives. I hate RBCCs but at least he is being used in this offense. 

• Like 1

Sorta ugly and yes goal line TDS saved him, but thought he was resilient when he fumbled and scored the game winning Td. Usage was a bit sketchy but lions really came to play today. Good days ahead- can't confidently say he usurped Damian Williams but I am thinking so now.

19 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Sorta ugly and yes goal line TDS saved him, but thought he was resilient when he fumbled and scored the game winning Td. Usage was a bit sketchy but lions really came to play today. Good days ahead- can't confidently say he usurped Damian Williams but I am thinking so now.

Well the fumble was on an awkward exchange it was as much his fault as it was mahomes’ 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

What’s his trade value? 

You could probably shop him to the McCoy or Damien Williams owners. Other than that he doesn’t have too much value...yet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

What’s his trade value? 

I’d say virtually none. He hasn’t shown anything yet to suggest he’ll usurp Damien’s hold as one of KC’s top two RBs. As soon as Damien is back, Darrel will be back to their 3rd option. And before anyone suggests I’m a Damien owner, I am not. In fact, I’m a Darrel owner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You could probably shop him to the McCoy or Damien Williams owners. Other than that he doesn’t have too much value...yet.

This was my thinking as well. Having two pieces of that backfield is quite appealing. 

No denying he's been productive but I think it's safe to assume he sees far less snaps once Damien is healthy. 

I thought he played great and his receiving skills are the best of the running backs on the Chiefs by far. I don’t understand the hate on him. Shrug 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I thought he played great and his receiving skills are the best of the running backs on the Chiefs by far. I don’t understand the hate on him. Shrug 

As much as I hate to say it (since I have no shares), if there was a draft today this would be the first Chiefs RB taken. 

• Like 3

spacer.png

If nothing crazy happens this dude saved my team from the bum decision of their manager playing Nelson Agholor this week. Was nice to see, that he got the trust for this clutch TD at the end not only once but two times because the first run was stopped short before the end zone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I’d say virtually none. He hasn’t shown anything yet to suggest he’ll usurp Damien’s hold as one of KC’s top two RBs. As soon as Damien is back, Darrel will be back to their 3rd option. And before anyone suggests I’m a Damien owner, I am not. In fact, I’m a Darrel owner. 

I was also thinking that Damien would slide back into his starting role right away. But we don't know about his health and Darrel has really earned himself a piece of the cake regardless of Damien. Sometimes those week to week injuries linger and don't heal properly, which leads to the player ultimately being put on IR. Especially at a position like RB.

Darrel isn't playing any worse than Damien. If anything, I watched the whole game and his pass blocking is superb. Picked up blitzers across the formation which allowed Mahomes to complete some important 3rd down throws. The catch down the seam showed Darrel's good hands. He was efficient at the goalline as well with his size.

When, or if, Damien comes back, he could very well start and get his. But I'm 100% sure Darrel has earned the right to muddy the waters in terms of FF. It could turn into a situation where you can't trust the Chiefs 3-headed RBBC at all unless someone is ruled out. And then probably Darwin makes the classic rookie leap midseason and muddies waters even more...

It's a productive backfield to own, but will be a stressful guessing game if Damien returns. As a Darrel/Shady owner you just have to hope that Damien gets put on IR. They didn't  miss a beat without him and owning a piece of a 2-headed Chiefs backfield is still valuable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good game overall, the fumble was unfortunate, and his lack of speed showed on a couple catches towards the end, every other category was really nice

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Snap %:

Darrel-50%

McCoy-47%

Darwin-3%

2 weeks in a row he's gotten the most snaps in KC backfield. 2 weeks in a row he was in at the end of the game on critical possessions. 2 weeks in a row he made the game winning play.

We don't even know if Damien will play again this year. We do know that Damien is not playing right now and in his absence Darrel is playing a major role and KC continues to win relying on them. We also know Darrel is excellent in pass protection and keeping Mahomes protected may be the most important thing the Chiefs do this year to achieve their SB goals.

Do with those facts as you will.

Edited by timexsocialclub
  • Like 9

42 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Snap %:

Darrel-50%

McCoy-47%

Darwin-3%

One tidbit to add though is that there were 13 plays on the final drive for the Chiefs during that drive Darryl was in for all those I believe and was mostly just pass blocking before the 1 yard plunge at the end of the drive.  I think he might've had one other catch on that drive but can't remember for sure. 

Before that point, there had been 57 snaps (70 total in the game).  Mccoy had 32 snaps (56%) at that point and Darrel 23 (40%).

I just point that out for perspective because in watching the game is sure felt like McCoy was out there quite a bit more than Darrel for most of the game.  And it was basically 60/40 in McCoy's favor up until that final 2 minute drill.

I guess it remains to be seen what happens here.  I'm definitely rooting for Darrel and think he deserves more chances.  I do think if/when Damien gets back though that it'll become very muddy for all of these guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

One tidbit to add though is that there were 13 plays on the final drive for the Chiefs during that drive Darryl was in for all those I believe and was mostly just pass blocking before the 1 yard plunge at the end of the drive.  I think he might've had one other catch on that drive but can't remember for sure. 

Before that point, there had been 57 snaps (70 total in the game).  Mccoy had 32 snaps (56%) at that point and Darrel 23 (40%).

I just point that out for perspective because in watching the game is sure felt like McCoy was out there quite a bit more than Darrel for most of the game.  And it was basically 60/40 in McCoy's favor up until that final 2 minute drill.

I guess it remains to be seen what happens here.  I'm definitely rooting for Darrel and think he deserves more chances.  I do think if/when Damien gets back though that it'll become very muddy for all of these guys.

This is 100% true, but as we know with fantasy, being the guy in that two minute drill can really rack up points, particularly in PPR. 60 McCoy and 40 and 2-minute for Darrel is a fantasy wash. 

• Like 2

• Reid explained why RB Darrel Williamsreceived time over RB LeSean McCoytoward the end of Sunday’s game: “We have confidence in all those guys. If one guy gets a little tired, we can rotate the other guy in. Obviously, Darrel is a little more familiar with the protections, just having done them all for the time that he has, and they’re different from what LeSean had done in Philly. He’s getting caught up in that area so that’s part of it. Most of it comes down to trying to keep the guys in a rotation and keep them fresh, that’s what we really try to do.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2019/9/30/20892168/andy-reid-i-got-so-excited-i-thought-mozart-was-an-artist

Anyone ever heard of this Youtube Channel? 

I stumbled across this video when I was searching for more info on Damien's injury. I wanted to send Darrel in a package to the Damien owner in my league, but this video is convincing on holding onto him

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Anyone ever heard of this Youtube Channel? 

I stumbled across this video when I was searching for more info on Damien's injury. I wanted to send Darrel in a package to the Damien owner in my league, but this video is convincing on holding onto him

Meh, it's basically just a guy with a medical degree taking an "educated" shot in the dark. I put educated in quotations because it's really just a guess since he personally hasn't treated Damien or looked at his knee.

He knows nothing more than us schmucks on this forum about the true nature of Damien's injury. 

• Like 1

The doc definitely knows more than us. This explanation is spot on. Any serious injury and we would've heard about it. A knee contusion doesn't keep anyone out this long. Very common with a blunt impact to the knee is MCL trauma. This would generally be a month give or take which again lines up. 

• Like 2

So DW is a ppr flex start week in week out until Damian is back right? I mean hard to argue with usage

4 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

So DW is a ppr flex start week in week out until Damian is back right? I mean hard to argue with usage

No doubt about it. He’s in on most all 3rd down pass plays for catching and protection  and at the end of the game for pass plays. What more can you ask for really