AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

On 9/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, kraftwrk_5 said:

So...anyone looking to pick this guy up with Damien and Shady both banged up?  Seems like there's a decent chance both will sit this week, making this a Thompson/Darrel backfield.  Some KC fans I know have been talking this guy up as the most talented back on KC's roster dating back to last season, even though he's been buried on the depth chart.  Anyone buying, at least for Week 3?

I think I am just to see what happens. 

I grabbed him back a few days ago in 16 TM leagues...I think there is a solid chance he gets some run.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I grabbed him back a few days ago in 16 TM leagues...I think there is a solid chance he gets some run.

Q: Are you comfortable with where Darrel Williams is in the pass protection aspect of the RB responsibility?

REID: “He’s sharp. He is a very intelligent kid. We’re not worried about him. I look at him like he’s a starter. Played last year for us. If he has to get in and play, that’s not a problem at all.”

Q: Does your level of comfort change if Darwin Thompson is the RB that has to go in and fill a role on offense?

REID: “Not really. As long as I feel like he knows what he’s doing, I’m good with it.”

Q: Is there a challenge that Thompson faces size-wise? Does he have to maybe be more technically sound?

REID: “I was around Brian Westbrook for a number of years and they’re the same size. Brian would come up and fill in as well as anybody. This kid is wired like that. He’ll stick it up in there and hit you. It’s just a matter of seeing it. He’s young, so he hasn’t seen everything that there is to see. But he’s getting there. I feel comfortable with him in there.”

Chiefs talk injuries, Ravens, and backups during presser

https://salinapost.com/2019/09/19/chiefs-talk-injuries-ravens-and-backups-during-presser/

• Like 3

Darrell Damien Darwin Demarcus ... hard to keep track of who’s who 

Edited by maxim730
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, maxim730 said:

Darrell Damien Darwin Demarcus ... hard to keep track of who’s who 

Oh Mecole...

I remember when Damian Williams was an afterthought and everyone picked up Spencer Ware.

Worth a shot when an opportunity opens up in this offense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

With Damian Williams out what the chances Darrel gets 10-15 touches? 

I have Darwin on my roster, and still, my answer is about as equal as Darwin’s.

2 TD’s?

I don’t think Stomps McGuffin is who they want getting the called passing work.  That’s where I think the value is with Williams out.  So that’s why I picked up Sparks McRhino instead.  

14 hours ago, weakkneeswilly said:

With Damian Williams out what the chances Darrel gets 10-15 touches? 

The chiefs have become a pass first offense. Mahomes has put it up 77 times in the first two games, and with the tear he’s on, why would you stop? Especially when you have a banged up backfield that’s been ineffective and you’re playing the best rush defense in the league. I’m guessing we only see 18-20 touches total for the backfield. McCoy will see 8-10 with Darwin and Darrell splitting the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

The chiefs have become a pass first offense. Mahomes has put it up 77 times in the first two games, and with the tear he’s on, why would you stop? Especially when you have a banged up backfield that’s been ineffective and you’re playing the best rush defense in the league. I’m guessing we only see 18-20 touches total for the backfield. McCoy will see 8-10 with Darwin and Darrell splitting the rest. 

This seems about right.  I think what is missing from your calculations is the amount of passes that will go to the RB corp.  

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This seems about right.  I think what is missing from your calculations is the amount of passes that will go to the RB corp.  

Damien was the passing down back, McCoy was only targeted a couple times I believe, which tells me they aren't super comfortable with him running routes. I doubt they increase that given him being on a bad ankle. I doubt Darwin and Darrell have seen enough reps with the 1st team to do much of that either. 

• Like 1

can't really tell off the usage so far this year. 

5 snap count to darwin's 6.

0 carries to darwin's 1 & 1 catch. 

but reid looks like he trusts darrel more possibly for pass protection but raw talent he probably knows he has a better prospect in darwin.

Pass protection is huge with Mahommes as QB. But, I really hate these mini hype trains. Just enough noise to make a ruckus. 

• Like 2

ESPN just raised his projection up again. It’s up to 6.2.  Darwin is also projected at 6.2

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Thanks 1

It’s happening👍

On 9/20/2019 at 6:23 PM, dashoe said:

Q: Are you comfortable with where Darrel Williams is in the pass protection aspect of the RB responsibility?

REID: “He’s sharp. He is a very intelligent kid. We’re not worried about him. I look at him like he’s a starter. Played last year for us. If he has to get in and play, that’s not a problem at all.”

Q: Does your level of comfort change if Darwin Thompson is the RB that has to go in and fill a role on offense?

REID: “Not really. As long as I feel like he knows what he’s doing, I’m good with it.”

Q: Is there a challenge that Thompson faces size-wise? Does he have to maybe be more technically sound?

REID: “I was around Brian Westbrook for a number of years and they’re the same size. Brian would come up and fill in as well as anybody. This kid is wired like that. He’ll stick it up in there and hit you. It’s just a matter of seeing it. He’s young, so he hasn’t seen everything that there is to see. But he’s getting there. I feel comfortable with him in there.”

Chiefs talk injuries, Ravens, and backups during presser

https://salinapost.com/2019/09/19/chiefs-talk-injuries-ravens-and-backups-during-presser/

☝️☝️😁

I’m throwing him there over Barber 

• Like 1

Firing him up.