AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

That's all fine as long as your expectations of your lottery ticket are low end RB2 or flex if he gets to play.

Typically a bench lotto ticket is only worth holding if the guy has a chance to be an RB1 if given the opportunity.  Someone like an Alex Mattison or Tony Pollard.  Otherwise, if all you're expecting is low end RB2 or flex, then you should be getting your handcuffs.  Handcuffs should play at a low RB2/Flex level if the starter goes down.

Yeah, but this is a way higher probability lotto ticket than Zeke or Cook going down. Cook is taking on massive workloads and showing no signs of slowing down. Zeke never goes down, so those guys will definitely burn holes on your bench. Also no knowing how good Mattison and Pollard are WITHOUT their studs in front of them slowing down the defenses. 

Darrell has proven top-15 numbers in a time-share. That's a pretty proven irreplaceable lotto ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You Hodl like your life depends on it....

Don't overthink it..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yeah, but this is a way higher probability lotto ticket than Zeke or Cook going down. Cook is taking on massive workloads and showing no signs of slowing down. Zeke never goes down, so those guys will definitely burn holes on your bench. Also no knowing how good Mattison and Pollard are WITHOUT their studs in front of them slowing down the defenses. 

Darrell has proven top-15 numbers in a time-share. That's a pretty proven irreplaceable lotto ticket. 

I'm not arguing that his chances of getting on the field are higher than others, as he plays if 1 of 2 players get hurt and not just the starter.  I already stated this.

Disagree with the rest.  I dunno what your definition of "proven" is, but it's more than 2 games of split work for me.  Go to the Damien Williams thread...there are about 100 pages of people saying that 5 games of production at the end of last season were not enough to prove Damien was any good.  Darrel has 2 games. 

Mattison has looked great in the preseason and in limited regular season action, and Pollard has a 100 yard game as a backup (not to mention absolutely blowing up in the preseason).  Your argument that Mattison and Pollard are unknowns but Darrel is a surefire top 15 guy even if he is in a timeshare is very suspect.

Edited by Brownsfan74

17 minutes ago, Cheppy said:

And on top of that it’s not like it’s common to have RB 1s on one’s bench. (at least the league’s I’ve played in) But he has the potential given the offense and the players injury history ahead of him to be just that. Not really going out on a limb here. And again, even in a timeshare he has plenty of value in that offense.

He’s a no-brainer of a hold.

Yeah, this isn't a Justice Hill situation. Needs an injury or 2 ahead of him? To be the top dog on the Chiefs? He had 2 injuries ahead of him less than a week ago. 

This man said Kenyan Drake over Darrel lmaoo. We don’t know what the split is going to be on Sunday, but dropping him right now is crazy. He is 24 years old and new to the league. It’s not crazy to think that while he started behind Damien on the depth chart, that Andy doesn’t think more highly of him than Damien.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Darrell looked real good with his blocking assignments, please be aware of that

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 2

You can't drop this guy. He is a league winner if anything happens to Shady or Damien. IMO he is the best handcuff as he is essentially a double handcuff. 

19 minutes ago, zshenko said:

You can't drop this guy. He is a league winner if anything happens to Shady or Damien. IMO he is the best handcuff as he is essentially a double handcuff. 

Best handcuff? I can think of 3 that’s are better off the top of my head. Mattison, ekeler, pollard

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, zshenko said:

he is a double handcuff, helps his floor but not ceiling, only way he would be a league winner is if something happened to both Shady AND Damien

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

he is a double handcuff, helps his floor but not ceiling, only way he would be a league winner is if something happened to both Shady AND Damien

Agree completely.  Calling any timeshare back a league winner is pretty crazy.  At best he is a decent RB2.  Not gonna win a league because of an RB2.

• Like 1

Holding.  As I've posted before, wouldn't surprise me to see him supplant Damien, or at the very least get an even split of McCoy's scraps.  Shady's still the back to own here IMO, but Darrel could easily be #2 ROS.  That's going to be flex-worthy is most leagues.

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

only way he would be a league winner is if something happened to both Shady AND Damien

You mean like the past 2 weeks when both were injured?

17 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Put up great numbers for somebody who was available for free right before kickoff. Certainly RB2-worthy if either Shady or Damien miss time.

8 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Why do you have to hold?

I have Kenyan Drake on waivers that I'm debating dropping Darrel for.  Yeah, Drake has done little this year.  But he's playing nearly 60% of the snaps and was the RB17 on a similarly poor team and has almost no competition for his job. 

Darrel is nothing but a dart throw bench stash right now and at best stuck in a 3 way timeshare.  I've tried putting him in trade packages where I'm essentially giving him away and nobody in my league is biting.

He's got very little value at this moment.  Now if McCoy or Damien gets hurt, I agree he gets value again.  But he's really not startable right now and is essentially just a handcuff for McCoy/Damien owners.

Personally, I want guys on my bench with upside. By definition, they're on my bench because I don't need to start them. Drake has zero upside. Darrel has a ton. Give me upside all day long on my bench. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

[...] Guy is a beast, young, and can receive balls from the beat QB on football. [...] I’m hoping Drake gets traded cause I think he’s actually pretty decent, just in a bad place. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Obviously meant injured and not playing

2 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Obviously meant injured and not playing

Irrelevant, anybody saying "well he's got 2 guys that need to be injured, that's more than 1" is ignoring the context of the situation, ie. that he has a much easier path to a workhorse role (let alone RB2/3 value in the event of just 1 injury) than a guy like Pollard does.

5 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Irrelevant, anybody saying "well he's got 2 guys that need to be injured, that's more than 1" is ignoring the context of the situation, ie. that he has a much easier path to a workhorse role (let alone RB2/3 value in the event of just 1 injury) than a guy like Pollard does.

My Argument was he is startable with 1 injury, but he isnt winning leagues unless he gets a bellcow role, which would likely mean both shady and damien were injured. 

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

My Argument was he is startable with 1 injury, but he isnt winning leagues unless he gets a bellcow role, which would likely mean both shady and damien were injured. 

Which, again, is significantly more likely than you're letting on. Shady has gotten knocked out of the game in the 4th quarter each of the last two weeks, while Damien was ruled out.

8 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Darrell looked real good with his blocking assignments, please be aware of that

I honestly don’t mean this offensively or aggressively, but is there proof of this? I keep hearing it but I haven’t been able to watch any of their games due to work schedule and haven’t seen anything past people saying the same thing. 

Once again, no hostility. 

I'm holding in 12-teamers for now but on the short list to drop in case of emergency. He is NOT a start this week with DWill "I" and McCoy back, but their health has been so volatile early on you have to hold him for now imo.

I think this turns into full patriots type backfield with every week a different back putting up the points. The bright side to Darrel is the injury risk of Shady and Damien. 

If you feel there is a higher probability of one of those guys getting injured, you hold Darrel.

If you feel McCoy and Damien will both remain healthy, then you drop Darrel. 

I’m holding him unless a gem pops up on the wire that I feel I have to have. Every year, a few backs emerge as huge assets for teams down the stretch. No idea of knowing now which guys those are right now, but I have a few potential tickets on my bench, hoping at least one hits going into playoffs. Darrel COULD possibly be one of those guys. 

So lots of speculation. But here’s the deal. With all 3 playing this week we will get to really see how the chiefs value Darrel after what he’s shown so far. To me at the very least he seems like the best goal line back of the bunch. Regardless if I’m wrong I’ll know where he stands and so will everyone else. I’m holding for one more week at the minimum.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So lots of speculation. But here’s the deal. With all 3 playing this week we will get to really see how the chiefs value Darrel after what he’s shown so far. To me at the very least he seems like the best goal line back of the bunch. Regardless if I’m wrong I’ll know where he stands and so will everyone else. I’m holding for one more week at the minimum.

Damien is now questionable.