AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

Drop city

• Like 1

Still a good handcuff with 2 RBs in front of him that have already had issues this season. Once Tyreek returns, this offense will have more running lanes and underneath stuff open. Missing OL starters will return soon as well. The split in this unusual game was 50:25:25 in favor of Damien. That Darrel got no touch at all is concerning, but he was trusted a lot to slow down the powerful Colts pass rush in this game.

I don't like this backfield situation right now, but history has shown that they will produce. Holding a piece of the best offense in the league is always a good idea.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Still a good handcuff with 2 RBs in front of him that have already had issues this season. Once Tyreek returns, this offense will have more running lanes and underneath stuff open. Missing OL starters will return soon as well. The split in this unusual game was 50:25:25 in favor of Damien. That Darrel got no touch at all is concerning, but he was trusted a lot to slow down the powerful Colts pass rush in this game.

I don't like this backfield situation right now, but history has shown that they will produce. Holding a piece of the best offense in the league is always a good idea.

If you’ve got the room-  I can get on board with this.  wouldn’t hesitate to drop if byes or another good option (Gallup maybe?) is available.    

14 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If you’ve got the room-  I can get on board with this.  wouldn’t hesitate to drop if byes or another good option (Gallup maybe?) is available.    

You’d think if a guy like Gallup is available then that would indicate a shallow league, and in that case there really is no reason to hold Darrell. He is, and always has been, a flier for deeper leagues with the idea McCoy or Dam Will either gets hurt or fail to produce. He’s not a hold for impatient owners. 

Going to have to drop due to byes and other injuries. Nice handcuff but zero touches and two guys ahead of him is tough to hold.

• Like 1

he can be the damien williams of last year, just going to take some major injuries. if you drop and one goes down then he will be a hot waiver add again, just really depends on your situation and league size.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, josheggers said:

Going to have to drop due to byes and other injuries. Nice handcuff but zero touches and two guys ahead of him is tough to hold.

Only one guy ahead of him. IMO 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Based off of last night, I think that is hard to believe. Reid went back to his guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

There are two guys ahead of him.  One a career flash in the pan who played horribly last night, and the other a legend, now well past his prime, who can't get his ankle right because he won't stop practicing and playing on the dang thing.

Hold.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also.

Play Darrel big minutes in big situations the last two weeks?  Win.

Play Damien instead, last night?  Lose.

Coaches are going to watch the film...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, josheggers said:

Based off of last night, I think that is hard to believe. Reid went back to his guys. 

Yeah well the point is if one of those guys gets hurt then Darrel is back. 

One of two already-injured / injury-prone guys in front of him. If one of them goes down, I have no issue starting Darrel. He is much more likely to give me something than other premier handcuffs like Pollard or Latavius Murray, where a durable workhorse would need to go down. Much more likely Damien or Shady crumble at some point.

• Like 4

Maholmes got trained wrecked back there this week in part thx to McCoy and Damien’s pass or lack thereof blocking defense. He was barely touched when Darell played the last two weeks. Regardless, either McCoy or Damien is getting hurt again and probably  soon. These dudes live half their lives on the shelf. Darrel will get another day at some point. Probably sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The only big positive here is that he wears arm tape like Chris Carson 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Maholmes got trained wrecked back there this week in part thx to McCoy and Damien’s pass or lack thereof blocking defense. He was barely touched when Darell played the last two weeks. Regardless, either McCoy or Damien is getting hurt again and probably  soon. These dudes live half their lives on the shelf. Darrel will get another day at some point. Probably sooner than later.

I agree with this.  We're 5 games in with 8 games still to be played in most fantasy league regular seasons.  Give it time, McCoy and/or Damien will miss some games making Darrel relevant again.

• Like 2

Reid will go back to Damien / McCoy for another week but they would be on short leashes.. hold on another week or two boys

• Like 1

I think he's better than Damien.  The only question will be whether and when Reid realizes that too.

• Like 1

Mentioned it earlier and will mention it again: Darrel is the handcuff of both Damien and Shady and this is a very good thing, despite some in here claiming otherwise.

Yeah, he is much further away from clearcut RB1 league winner than guys like Pollard, Mattison, Edmonds or Latavius. However, he is much more likely to hit than all these other lotto tickets who hit about 1 out of 20 times. Think about it: Damien and Shady were already injured, are still not 100% and are injury-prone in general. If one of them goes down, Darrel is an easy flex and maybe even RB2. It's the highest scoring offense in the league after all.

That he didn't have a single touch was weird, but even Shady didn't even get 1 carry so it was more than likely a crazy outlier game. But Darrel played many snaps which is encouraging should something happen to Shady/Damien.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frog34 said:

he is much further away from clearcut RB1 league winner than guys like Pollard, Mattison, Edmonds or Latavius

Again, not really. I'd bet on both McCoy and Damien missing the same game before Zeke or Kamara misses one.

You gotta wait if you can and see how this situation shakes out, especially with Mahomes banged up. Snap counts will revolve around trust: who do you trust to protect your all-galaxy QB with a few new O-linemen entering the fray? If after this week his snap count is through the floor, fair enough. But there is tangible upside if you have another week to wait and see.

I had to drop for the likes of malcom brown and edmonds. If both gurley and dj come back quick I’m thinking I will be able to snag him back before sunday 

I'm holding at least one more week.

Too much potential in the best offense in the NFL.

McCoy can't stay healthy and him receiving zero carries last week a serious red flag.

And if D. Williams continues to average 1.8 YPC maybe Reid finally says screw it and gives Darrel the gig.

Stranger things have certainly taken place.

• Like 1