AirForceOne

Darrel Williams 2019 Outlook

Guy in my league just used his #1 waiver priority on Darrel Williams (and dropped Evan Engram). Is there a secret news feed I don't have access to or something? Everything I've seen says Darrel is number 3 in the RB pecking order and will probably only play on passing downs, so really not startable unless there's an injury. Maybe it's just Damien Williams confusion?

40 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Guy in my league just used his #1 waiver priority on Darrel Williams (and dropped Evan Engram). Is there a secret news feed I don't have access to or something? Everything I've seen says Darrel is number 3 in the RB pecking order and will probably only play on passing downs, so really not startable unless there's an injury. Maybe it's just Damien Williams confusion?

That is an absolute rocks or diamonds play.

Or he sits down at KC training everyday and watches. Or has a voodoo doll. Or practices black majik.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

I haven't heard anything in any the other channels I monitor... even if he did confuse Darrel and Damien, I don't see the logic in that move! Keep an eye on EE... and if you have an IR slot open, consider a claim for him!

19 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

It'll either be amazingly good or beyond s---. Certainly not mediocre.

Even if Darrel puts up RB2 numbers ROS, dropping a surefire top 5 TE like Engram, who has just a mild knee sprain and 2 weeks of rest, is stupid.

Darrel the Barrel!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Curious why Reid doesn't give Darrel a shot at the full time gig. McCoy and Damien aren't exactly lighting the world on fire and Darrell has produced when given the opportunity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ree10 said:

Curious why Reid doesn't give Darrel a shot at the full time gig. McCoy and Damien aren't exactly lighting the world on fire and Darrell has produced when given the opportunity. 

because some coaches are stubborn, fat ones especially. McCarthy was stubborn, Reid is stubborn too and sooner or later he will lose his job because run game was a big part of their success last season..we see how it looks like now and we see Reid has no clue what to do to improve the run game

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Like someone else said in the Damian Williams thread the whole chiefs offense is a mirage. Outside of tyreek kelce and Mahomes you want no one. You especially don’t want to play any of these 3 RBs. Williams is an easy drop for me. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ree10 said:

No one is getting a shot at a full time gig. Its a RBBC accept it. McCoy is currently tied for 5th in YPC at 5.4 so I dont see how you can say he isnt playing well. The only names averaging more YPC are Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Matt Breida, Mostert, and McCoy is tied with Dalvin Cook. So basically the top rushing QBs and the 49ers backfield are ahead of McCoy on a YPC basis. That sounds elite to me.

FYI Darrels 52 yard catch yesterday was a pick play that should have been called as offensive pass interference on Kelce. The pick gave Darrel a free lane to run 50+ yards. Watching the tape, the play is not impressive on Darrels end.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

No one is getting a shot at a full time gig. Its a RBBC accept it. McCoy is currently tied for 5th in YPC at 5.4 so I dont see how you can say he isnt playing well. The only names averaging more YPC are Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Matt Breida, Mostert, and McCoy is tied with Dalvin Cook. So basically the top rushing QBs and the 49ers backfield are ahead of McCoy on a YPC basis. That sounds elite to me.

FYI Darrels 52 yard catch yesterday was a pick play that should have been called as offensive pass interference on Kelce. The pick gave Darrel a free lane to run 50+ yards. Watching the tape, the play is not impressive on Darrels end.

This is a horrible take. How can you compare guys who have barely rushed at all to legitimate starting running backs? And quarterbacks, of all positions? 

Edited by oliminator123

Ahem..... 2 losses in a row..... since Damien came back...... WAKE UP REID YOU CLOWN

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

This is a horrible take. How can you compare guys who have barely rushed at all to legitimate starting running backs? And quarterbacks, of all positions? 

Everyone I named has enough rushes to qualify for leaderboards- so the better question is why wouldnt they be included. Go check nfl.com, espn.com, profootballreference and seeing who is leading the league in YPC.  In the NFL 6.25 attempts per game qualify you for leaderboards (Jackson and Murray average higher). In my comment I'm sure to let the reader know that the 2 leaders are QB's. Im not here to cherry pick the stats- I give the whole truth. 

Funny how you say I had a "horrible" take meanwhile you didnt even attack my point that McCoy is the best performer in the backfield. You choose to attack my (accurate) sample lol. Good luck to you buddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckyLukas said:

because some coaches are stubborn, fat ones especially. McCarthy was stubborn, Reid is stubborn too and sooner or later he will lose his job because run game was a big part of their success last season..we see how it looks like now and we see Reid has no clue what to do to improve the run game

😂 😂 😂

5 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Everyone I named has enough rushes to qualify for leaderboards- so the better question is why wouldnt they be included. Go check nfl.com, espn.com, profootballreference and seeing who is leading the league in YPC.  In the NFL 6.25 attempts per game qualify you for leaderboards (Jackson and Murray average higher). In my comment I'm sure to let the reader know that the 2 leaders are QB's. Im not here to cherry pick the stats- I give the whole truth. 

Funny how you say I had a "horrible" take meanwhile you didnt even attack my point that McCoy is the best performer in the backfield. You choose to attack my (accurate) sample lol. Good luck to you buddy.

Comparing QB rushes to RB rushes is a terrible take because of play design. You think if you put Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray into the backfield, behind a QB they'd have the same numbers?

You're also comparing backs with 65 attempts (Breida) and 45 attempts (Mostert) to the actual backs who get constant run. You do realize every year there are backs who average 5+ypc because they get 1/3 of the runs as starting, workhorse backs. YPC is a terrible stat to look at, especially 6 games into the season. 

And to answer your question regarding McCoy, yes he has been the best performer, but you can't compare to Darrell who has gotten barely any run - again using misleading stats to prove a point. I think it's safe to say Damien is a JAG, but Darrell is a question mark. 

Edited by oliminator123