Sign in to follow this  
NBatum88

Best Snake Draft Position 2019

Which draft position do you like drafting from? 

A top 3 pick is valuable this year because you can get either Barkley, Kamara, or McCaffrey. But how about other pick spots?

I generally like picking in the 5-7 range so that I don't have to reach too much in any given round. Your guys thoughts and opinions? 

Pick one is even more important some years where there is a clear guy to target, but I still like the upsides of drafting from the turn every round thereafter more than the downsides. Count me in as number 1 even if the top 3 are indistinguishable - I want that double pick on the turn.

2 or 3. Getting one of Barkley/Kamara/cmc is ideal. Would be pick 4 if zeke wasn’t a dunce

• Like 1

Definitely not 9 which is what I have. The mocks have not been pretty...

14 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Definitely not 9 which is what I have. The mocks have not been pretty...

I have 9 it's not that bad. Usually end up with premier WR and a solid RB at the turn.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

I have 9 it's not that bad. Usually end up with premier WR and a solid RB at the turn.  

Where are you drawing the line, which RBs would you take over the elite WRs there at 9? 

I would assume the likes of Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, OBJ, Tyreek and then Mixon, Cook. Unless you decide to take Conner and then one of the following WRS.

18 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Where are you drawing the line, which RBs would you take over the elite WRs there at 9? 

I like Nuke/Adams at 9. Then I’m good with another WR1, or a RB1 in round 2, I’d consider Kelce too.

11 has grown on me. Most mocks I end up with 2 elite wr and then take 2 of backs in the next turn of picks. 

I think if you end up with a top 4 of Julio/Odell and then 2 of Carson, Jacobs, Mack, Fournette, Freeman, Montgomery you are in ok shape.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mjb said:

I like Nuke/Adams at 9. Then I’m good with another WR1, or a RB1 in round 2, I’d consider Kelce too.

Nuk/Adams rarely falls to 9 though.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

I guess it's league specific but in my two QB 10 team league I've been mocking on fantasy draft calculator and usually end up with either Adams or Julio Jones at 9 and usually take the best RB that falls at the turn. Been getting Chubb consistently. If you like Connor per say or Bell you could still find a quality WR at the turn. I just prefer Julio over the others and don't mind ending up with Chubb over Connor. My stacks have usually been Adams/Jones with Chubb or Connor with Thomas/Beckam/JuJu

Edited by bigbluecrew56

I like top 3 or bottom 3, in a 10 man. I have a 10 pick soon and I love Julio/Kelce, or Thomas/Hill, Thomas/Julio etc... Good problem to have 

I'm gonna go with 4/12.

Because this year I pick 4th.

In the 5 previous years I've played this league, my highest pick was 9 and I had 11 twice and 12 twice.

So 4 is the answer.

There are, in my opinion, 3 no doubt top picks in standard: Barkley, Kamara, Zeke (not worried about his holdout - might be this time next week though...)

After that, there are 5 more I'll consider at 4: McCaffrey, Chubb, DJ, Julio, Nuk.  You could throw Adams in there, but for some reason I can never warm up to him.

If you're picking 10th, I think you've gotta go with Conner or Bell - I do not like the RB drop off after them.  If neither are there, might as well do like was mentioned above and go some combination of OBJ/MT/Kelce and grab your RBs at the 3-4 turn.

Unless you wanna go Gurley.  A lot of uncertainty, but probably biggest possible return.

Picking last in my 12-team league and have become pretty happy grabbing any 2 of Michael Thomas/Julio Jones/Odell Beckham Jr./Tyreek Hill. 

• Like 1