Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

Through 7 games Covington’s minute count- 32, 18, 27, 25, 19, 23, 26.. averaging 24.9

Don’t want to hear the “games were blow outs” excuses because Wiggins is still getting 32.6 mpg and Town is at 31.8 mpg through 5. Also, his play is palatable atm bc he’s actually making shots but Covington has never shot 47% in his career, not even close. His best season was last year w 43%.

Minutes are the most important stat for fantasy and if this low work load trend continues + when the efficiency drops off a bit, he’s not going to return that 50-60 adp. Hoping the wolves are just easing him in because he’s coming off of injury but who knows, maybe this rotation continues.

I think in some games, he has picked up some foul trouble early in the game and was benched.

14 minutes ago, S.T.A.T. said:

Well I agree that there’s nothing to worry about.  But the cited article was from three weeks ago and said nothing significant.  Are you sure you couldn’t scrounge up a buzzfeed blurb about him?

Edited by StifleTower2

17 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

he hasnt been living up to the top 25 upside at all. lets be real here.

You’re right.  But he doesn’t cost as much as other top 25 players either, in most drafts he was drafted in the fourth round, or cost in the 20s in auction.  Despite not living up to the hype he’s more or less lived up to his cost.  And if you look at his numbers now that he’s gotten a few games in, he’s more efficient than last year, and is really only 1+ stock per game away from top 25.  I’m inclined to believe he will finish top 40ish.  

6 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

You’re right.  But he doesn’t cost as much as other top 25 players either, in most drafts he was drafted in the fourth round, or cost in the 20s in auction.  Despite not living up to the hype he’s more or less lived up to his cost.  And if you look at his numbers now that he’s gotten a few games in, he’s more efficient than last year, and is really only 1+ stock per game away from top 25.  I’m inclined to believe he will finish top 40ish.  

I understand this but even when his scoring wasnt the greatest, he was a steals machine which is why I wanted him. He hasnt averaged less than 1.4 steals since the 2014-15 season you know when he was a rookie.....hes at 0.9 now. I wouldnt mind his offensive output if he at least gave me a little bit more steals. And yes I know steals will increase and whatnot but all of this praising of the lord is like chill people hes not back yet. Hes been rather less than average.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I understand this but even when his scoring wasnt the greatest, he was a steals machine which is why I wanted him. He hasnt averaged less than 1.4 steals since the 2014-15 season you know when he was a rookie.....hes at 0.9 now. I wouldnt mind his offensive output if he at least gave me a little bit more steals. And yes I know steals will increase and whatnot but all of this praising of the lord is like chill people hes not back yet. Hes been rather less than average.

Yes, he’s been average, but it’s all tongue in cheek.  It could be worse.  He could be Otto Porter!  

Slow start coming off knee rehab, it doesn't surprise me that his minutes are being managed.  This is actually preferable to Thibs running him into the ground and quickly sustaining injury, like right after the trade last year.  It is a long season. 

With it still being this early in the season he's one more good game (i.e. a few 3's, healthy dose of boards & 5 stocks) away from putting himself in the top 50, and rewarding the believers. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

He could be Otto Porter!  

Blasphemy.  How dare you sully Thy Lord's thread with that vile name. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 80version said:

Slow start coming off knee rehab, it doesn't surprise me that his minutes are being managed.  This is actually preferable to Thibs running him into the ground and quickly sustaining injury, like right after the trade last year.  It is a long season. 

With it still being this early in the season he's one more good game (i.e. a few 3's, healthy dose of boards & 5 stocks) away from putting himself in the top 50, and rewarding the believers. 

can you be right?....please?

I expected more of Lord Covington. First year i own him.

In my roto league, one of my FA pickup is doing as well as him so far :

IKijqbT5tmg_covPJ.png

BTW, i'm holding strong for now...

18 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Through 7 games Covington’s minute count- 32, 18, 27, 25, 19, 23, 26.. averaging 24.9

Don’t want to hear the “games were blow outs” excuses because Wiggins is still getting 32.6 mpg and Town is at 31.8 mpg through 5. Also, his play is palatable atm bc he’s actually making shots but Covington has never shot 47% in his career, not even close. His best season was last year w 43%.

Minutes are the most important stat for fantasy and if this low work load trend continues + when the efficiency drops off a bit, he’s not going to return that 50-60 adp. Hoping the wolves are just easing him in because he’s coming off of injury but who knows, maybe this rotation continues.

Out of Wiggins, Covington and Towns name the one that is an injury prone 28yr old who is coming off of knee surgery, isn't the focal point of the offense (in other words doesn't have to play), or the franchise is giving ample mins/opportunity to try to force them to change their horrible game and actually deliver on their potential/live up to at least 50% of their contract? 

Covington is getting mins restricted now because they can and it's a long season.  He'll come good.  At season's end I'd be surprised if his season averages didn't come close to his production in the past.  I'd even take a slight drop in production due to mins played if 'load management' means he plays 75+ games.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

Surprised that there's this much concern when we're barely 10 games in. Everyone knows that the Lord can be up and down, but over the course of the season, it'll avg out to some amazing numbers. Also, I'd assume he's still recovering from his injury which might explain the lower minutes. He'll be fine.

Those juicy juicy stocks. Thank you my lord! 

• Like 1

Lord Covington of House Minnesota... Please take my first born child as a symbol of my loyalty.

• Haha 3

He missed a couple of wide open looks from deep tonight, so his line could have been an even more gaudy but it was still a very good one. 

17 pts on 5/15, 5/5 FT w/ 2 3PM, 11 reb, 5 stl, 3 blk and 1 TO 

On a night when Wiggins had the hot hand RoCo didn't show any passiveness on offense.  The game was tightly contested (went into OT) so they kept him out there for 32 mins through 4 quarters. This game gives a lot of reason for optimism for the remainder of the season.  

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 6:47 PM, The_Real_Deal said:

can you be right?....please?

Since you asked so politely 😀

• Thanks 1