Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

I was a bit worried with a quiet first half and especially a quiet first quarter. He did collect 3 stocks by then. He didn't shoot anything at all mostly in the first half. He turned it around a bit with 7-7 after the break. And now this gem ♥️ Never doubt the Lord. In the land of Isaac's and OG's, never forget the real OG.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

The only question is, is this an abberation, or can we expect similar performances regularly? 

Don't expect 8 stocks a night but he has three seasons of pulling stuff like this.  Do you need a larger sample size?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 80version said:

Don't expect 8 stocks a night but he has three seasons of pulling stuff like this.  Do you need a larger sample size?  

I do. In fantasy it's what have you done for me lately. He's been a below average fantasy player this season (points leagues) before tonight. 

7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I do. In fantasy it's what have you done for me lately. He's been a below average fantasy player this season (points leagues) before tonight. 

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you saying it makes more sense to use a less than 10 games sample size than 3 full seasons of evidence?

• Haha 7

Lol @ questioning whether or not this game was a fluke or not. You new here?

He played 35 minutes. Only the 2nd time all season he's seen over 30 minutes. When he gets minutes, the stocks will come.

I waited for this line all season, then traded him before the game began. So, you are all welcome.

I was so mad at the way the wolves were playing in the 4th, I turned it off. Russell was on fire, hitting big shot after big shot. It was like send two guys at Russell on def, make some on else beat you. This is from the recap of the Wolves/Warriors game:

Wiggins and the Timberwolves trailed 110-106 with 29 seconds left in regulation. But after two free throws by Karl-Anthony Towns and a forced jump ball by Covington, Wiggins tied it on a drive with 5.6 seconds left. Russell's 3-pointer at the buzzer missed.

In overtime, Wiggins hit a clinching 3 with 23 seconds to help the Timberwolves snap a two-game losing streak.

Covington made the game's biggest defensive play when he tied up Burks near midcourt and then won the ensuing jump ball. That gave Minnesota the ball so Wiggins could tie the game.

"It was obvious," Covington said. "He didn't have nowhere to go. Because I took away the middle, and he turned his back. He only had one way to go."

4 minutes ago, rabaak said:

I was so mad at the way the wolves were playing in the 4th, I turned it off. Russell was on fire, hitting big shot after big shot. It was like send two guys at Russell on def, make some on else beat you. This is from the recap of the Wolves/Warriors game:

Wiggins and the Timberwolves trailed 110-106 with 29 seconds left in regulation. But after two free throws by Karl-Anthony Towns and a forced jump ball by Covington, Wiggins tied it on a drive with 5.6 seconds left. Russell's 3-pointer at the buzzer missed.

In overtime, Wiggins hit a clinching 3 with 23 seconds to help the Timberwolves snap a two-game losing streak.

Covington made the game's biggest defensive play when he tied up Burks near midcourt and then won the ensuing jump ball. That gave Minnesota the ball so Wiggins could tie the game.

"It was obvious," Covington said. "He didn't have nowhere to go. Because I took away the middle, and he turned his back. He only had one way to go."

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Are you saying it makes more sense to use a less than 10 games sample size than 3 full seasons of evidence?

Everybody declines at some point. My point was, in a points league where anything under 30 a night is WW material, he had 186 fantasy points in 7 games. That's a below average player who sits on the wire. Tonight he had 51. I'm gonna go with its an abberation. Next game he's far more like to get 20 than 50 

I do think he is a better categories player than points. He might be easily replaceable by a streamer in points league.

pro - LORD BACK TO HIS LORD WAYS, DOING LORD THINGS, SMITING ALL FOOLS,  DOUBTERS AND NON BELIEVERS

con - the "fools" in this instance was my Warriors

11 hours ago, 80version said:

Since you asked so politely 😀

well it better start continuing from here on in? Got it? Good.

7 hours ago, deathrazor said:

I do think he is a better categories player than points. He might be easily replaceable by a streamer in points league.

Who cares points leagues are trash, followers of the lord live a categorical based lifestyle 😋

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Everybody declines at some point. My point was, in a points league where anything under 30 a night is WW material, he had 186 fantasy points in 7 games. That's a below average player who sits on the wire. Tonight he had 51. I'm gonna go with its an abberation. Next game he's far more like to get 20 than 50 

1. Hardly anyone declines at age 28-29. 
2. Points leagues are for heathens.
3. If you don't have faith then just drop him. 
4. Don't come begging the Lord for forgiveness when you see the error of your ways. 
5. You probably won't see the error of your ways because if you did you wouldn't be playing points leagues. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Could have sworn he had a couple steals, but nothing showing up. 

The Lord tests us at our darkest hours. Be patient..

5 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Does he ever shoot the ball anymore? 😂

He is the tenth option on offence.

• Like 1