Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

If healthy, he's a second round player.  He was ranked 16th in per game.  I know some people may not trust that rating, because it's based on stocks.  But if he's going to play PF and rebound like this...15/10 with 2.5 threes, 2 steals, 1.3 blocks.  Trash efficiency, but on low volume.  If he can do that then he's damn near a Drummond who hits threes.  

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, wengbenedict93 said:

Man, this is getting me excited.

I feel it in the taint

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, molski said:

I feel it in the taint

The lord blessed your taint...wait... what....🤣

But man what’s above a Lord/God? ...cause if running your a punting assist build...this guys like Thanos on crack lol  

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 1

Lets just blow this to epic propotions for hyperbole, by moving to PF we could see an uptick in blocks (1.3 to 1.5), FG% (.43 to .48) and boards (6 to 11) if he achieves that with other previous stats (not even considering the increased shots not playing with Butler) he could be a top 3 overall player in punt assists.

ALL HAIL THE LORD 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freddo said:

Lets just blow this to epic propotions for hyperbole, by moving to PF we could see an uptick in blocks (1.3 to 1.5), FG% (.43 to .48) and boards (6 to 11) if he achieves that with other previous stats (not even considering the increased shots not playing with Butler) he could be a top 3 overall player in punt assists.

ALL HAIL THE LORD 

Keep it coming....

I’m going to reach for him. Screw it. I haven’t had my team blessed with this stud for a while, and I’m going to make a lot of people mad haha

• Like 2

Please give PF status ESPN you bums 

I need this. Bad 

1 hour ago, freddo said:

ALL HAIL THE LORD 

When has Covington ever played with Butler?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sixers11 said:

When has Covington ever played with Butler?

Good point, lucky i didn't account for that ;)  forgot they got traded for each other...

Edited by freddo

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m going to reach for him. Screw it. I haven’t had my team blessed with this stud for a while, and I’m going to make a lot of people mad haha

Reach?!? Still your tongue. No draft place can be considered a “reach” for Thy Lord. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

The number one pick is the only adequate pick to draft the Lord. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

The number one pick is the only adequate pick to draft the Lord. 

funny thing is I could draft roco 1.1 and still win if he was healthy. (health is major for me. and If you could say he was healthy all year I would take him in the 1st no bs. I own 0/3 leagues)

Holy crap i just got this guy with the 114th pick! I know it's a points league and his big value is in category, but still. I think his low ranking and the fact that he's been out of sight out of mind, helped a lot here. 

16 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Holy crap i just got this guy with the 114th pick! I know it's a points league and his big value is in category, but still. I think his low ranking and the fact that he's been out of sight out of mind, helped a lot here. 

That's still pretty low in a points league.  

6 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

If healthy, he's a second round player.  He was ranked 16th in per game.  I know some people may not trust that rating, because it's based on stocks.  But if he's going to play PF and rebound like this...15/10 with 2.5 threes, 2 steals, 1.3 blocks.  Trash efficiency, but on low volume.  If he can do that then he's damn near a Drummond who hits threes.  

So we're going straight to averaging 10 rebounds? That's not happening.

I expect an increase in boards playing PF, but more like 7-8 per game. 

1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

The other night he had 19 in 28 minutes and tonight he had 11 in 22 minutes. 10 per game isn't too outlandish if he regularly gets 30 mins at PF at the pace that Minny has been playing at.

7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

The other night he had 19 in 28 minutes and tonight he had 11 in 22 minutes. 10 per game isn't too outlandish if he regularly gets 30 mins at PF at the pace that Minny has been playing at.

I'd like to see a bigger sample size before making such a significant increase in his projections. Definitely will grab more boards than the 6 he's been averaging the last three seasons. But this forum is notorious for jumping the gun on projections based off a few games.

1 hour ago, Kriggly said:

That's still pretty low in a points league.  

Foe what it's worth, in CBS he's ranked 114th with an ADP of 99. Points leagues he's never had the value like he does in 9-cat. Now he did make a little bit of a leap after joining Minny. But it was short-lived because he got hurt right after. And again, I'm sure being put of sight out of mind helped him

53 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I'd like to see a bigger sample size before making such a significant increase in his projections. Definitely will grab more boards than the 6 he's been averaging the last three seasons. But this forum is notorious for jumping the gun on projections based off a few games.

Oh for sure! Now I do think that if he can stay healthy, he'll be a pretty consistent dbl-dbl in Minny as their everyday PF for one of the fastest paced teams in the league. Now, I don't think they'll be monster dbl-dbls, but 12 and 10 ish. 

But again, that's IF he can stay on the floor for 30+ minutes a night

Edited by Dominator83

2 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

No, I’m just joining the preseason hype. 

If you want a realistic line, I think his boards and blocks can go up if he plays PF, and his points could go up bc they’re shallow.  16/8 with 2.5 threes, 2 steals, 1.5 blocks.  Ofc none of this matters if he’s injured.

Lol at people saying they're reaching for him. You don't reach for the lord you mortal heathens, the Lord reaches to you and compels you with his heavenly choir to pick him up. 

• Haha 7

17 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lol at people saying they're reaching for him. You don't reach for the lord you mortal heathens, the Lord reaches to you and compels you with his heavenly choir to pick him up. 

Well he was 16th last year and he could be better this year.  If he had no injury history he would be a consideration at the turn of the 1/2, particularly given the dearth of standout picks there.  But he has injury history and no one is selecting him there.  Anything third round and beyond isn’t a reach imo, it may be optimistic about his injury history. But it’s not a reach.   

Mods can we please change the thread title to Lord Covington? I mean it's pretty disrespectful .... "Robert" 🙄 

Akin to calling the Queen, "Liz" really 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1