Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

If healthy, he's a second round player.  He was ranked 16th in per game.  I know some people may not trust that rating, because it's based on stocks.  But if he's going to play PF and rebound like this...15/10 with 2.5 threes, 2 steals, 1.3 blocks.  Trash efficiency, but on low volume.  If he can do that then he's damn near a Drummond who hits threes.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wengbenedict93 said:

Man, this is getting me excited.

 

 I feel it in the taint

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, molski said:

 

 I feel it in the taint


The lord blessed your taint...wait... what....🤣

 

But man what’s above a Lord/God? ...cause if running your a punting assist build...this guys like Thanos on crack lol  

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets just blow this to epic propotions for hyperbole, by moving to PF we could see an uptick in blocks (1.3 to 1.5), FG% (.43 to .48) and boards (6 to 11) if he achieves that with other previous stats (not even considering the increased shots not playing with Butler) he could be a top 3 overall player in punt assists.

ALL HAIL THE LORD 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, freddo said:

Lets just blow this to epic propotions for hyperbole, by moving to PF we could see an uptick in blocks (1.3 to 1.5), FG% (.43 to .48) and boards (6 to 11) if he achieves that with other previous stats (not even considering the increased shots not playing with Butler) he could be a top 3 overall player in punt assists.

ALL HAIL THE LORD 

Keep it coming....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to reach for him. Screw it. I haven’t had my team blessed with this stud for a while, and I’m going to make a lot of people mad haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please give PF status ESPN you bums 

 

I need this. Bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, freddo said:

Lets just blow this to epic propotions for hyperbole, by moving to PF we could see an uptick in blocks (1.3 to 1.5), FG% (.43 to .48) and boards (6 to 11) if he achieves that with other previous stats (not even considering the increased shots not playing with Butler) he could be a top 3 overall player in punt assists.

ALL HAIL THE LORD 

When has Covington ever played with Butler?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sixers11 said:

When has Covington ever played with Butler?

Good point, lucky i didn't account for that ;)  forgot they got traded for each other...

Edited by freddo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m going to reach for him. Screw it. I haven’t had my team blessed with this stud for a while, and I’m going to make a lot of people mad haha


Reach?!? Still your tongue. No draft place can be considered a “reach” for Thy Lord. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

I’m going to reach for him. Screw it. I haven’t had my team blessed with this stud for a while, and I’m going to make a lot of people mad haha

 

The number one pick is the only adequate pick to draft the Lord. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

 

The number one pick is the only adequate pick to draft the Lord. 

funny thing is I could draft roco 1.1 and still win if he was healthy. (health is major for me. and If you could say he was healthy all year I would take him in the 1st no bs. I own 0/3 leagues)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap i just got this guy with the 114th pick! I know it's a points league and his big value is in category, but still. I think his low ranking and the fact that he's been out of sight out of mind, helped a lot here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Holy crap i just got this guy with the 114th pick! I know it's a points league and his big value is in category, but still. I think his low ranking and the fact that he's been out of sight out of mind, helped a lot here. 


That's still pretty low in a points league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

If healthy, he's a second round player.  He was ranked 16th in per game.  I know some people may not trust that rating, because it's based on stocks.  But if he's going to play PF and rebound like this...15/10 with 2.5 threes, 2 steals, 1.3 blocks.  Trash efficiency, but on low volume.  If he can do that then he's damn near a Drummond who hits threes.  

So we're going straight to averaging 10 rebounds? That's not happening.

 

I expect an increase in boards playing PF, but more like 7-8 per game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

So we're going straight to averaging 10 rebounds? That's not happening.

 

I expect an increase in boards playing PF, but more like 7-8 per game. 

The other night he had 19 in 28 minutes and tonight he had 11 in 22 minutes. 10 per game isn't too outlandish if he regularly gets 30 mins at PF at the pace that Minny has been playing at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

The other night he had 19 in 28 minutes and tonight he had 11 in 22 minutes. 10 per game isn't too outlandish if he regularly gets 30 mins at PF at the pace that Minny has been playing at.

I'd like to see a bigger sample size before making such a significant increase in his projections. Definitely will grab more boards than the 6 he's been averaging the last three seasons. But this forum is notorious for jumping the gun on projections based off a few games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kriggly said:


That's still pretty low in a points league.  

Foe what it's worth, in CBS he's ranked 114th with an ADP of 99. Points leagues he's never had the value like he does in 9-cat. Now he did make a little bit of a leap after joining Minny. But it was short-lived because he got hurt right after. And again, I'm sure being put of sight out of mind helped him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I'd like to see a bigger sample size before making such a significant increase in his projections. Definitely will grab more boards than the 6 he's been averaging the last three seasons. But this forum is notorious for jumping the gun on projections based off a few games.

Oh for sure! Now I do think that if he can stay healthy, he'll be a pretty consistent dbl-dbl in Minny as their everyday PF for one of the fastest paced teams in the league. Now, I don't think they'll be monster dbl-dbls, but 12 and 10 ish. 

 

But again, that's IF he can stay on the floor for 30+ minutes a night

Edited by Dominator83

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

So we're going straight to averaging 10 rebounds? That's not happening.

 

I expect an increase in boards playing PF, but more like 7-8 per game. 

No, I’m just joining the preseason hype. 

 

If you want a realistic line, I think his boards and blocks can go up if he plays PF, and his points could go up bc they’re shallow.  16/8 with 2.5 threes, 2 steals, 1.5 blocks.  Ofc none of this matters if he’s injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at people saying they're reaching for him. You don't reach for the lord you mortal heathens, the Lord reaches to you and compels you with his heavenly choir to pick him up. 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lol at people saying they're reaching for him. You don't reach for the lord you mortal heathens, the Lord reaches to you and compels you with his heavenly choir to pick him up. 

Well he was 16th last year and he could be better this year.  If he had no injury history he would be a consideration at the turn of the 1/2, particularly given the dearth of standout picks there.  But he has injury history and no one is selecting him there.  Anything third round and beyond isn’t a reach imo, it may be optimistic about his injury history. But it’s not a reach.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mods can we please change the thread title to Lord Covington? I mean it's pretty disrespectful .... "Robert" 🙄 

 

Akin to calling the Queen, "Liz" really 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.