Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, Quazza said:

Please give PF status ESPN you bums 

I need this. Bad 

Thy Lord has blessed us with PF eligibility. 

• Thanks 2

Bahhh drafted cp3 over him and now I wanna trade cp3 for him... 

• Haha 1

He will be the new Dennis Rodman, with 3pm, steals and blocks. He can seriously gobble up boards in this lineup at PF.

2 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Grabbed him at the end of 3rd in one of my biggest H2H $$ leagues. May thy lord bless me this season. 

Welcome to the Holy Order, brother. The Lord will most assuredly bless us all

Drafted the Lord and thy Mini-Lord Matisse....good luck, rest of my League

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Welcome to the Holy Order, brother. The Lord will most assuredly bless us all

Well said, brother.

Every season it's a blessed season. Praise the Lord . 

9 minutes ago, Kawz said:

Drafted the Lord and thy Mini-Lord Matisse....good luck, rest of my League

me too in 14T H2H with Harden, should be fun!

Finally... The LORD HAS COME BACK...

Home.

When RoCo was still playing in D-League I went out and watched some of his highlights when they reported he would be moving up. I did pick him up then before his first NBA game. But I wasn't patient enough and dropped... I got punished for my sins that season and was never to own his highness again... Until now.

I shall NEVER....EEEEVER lose my path again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got given PF eligibility on ESPN. which is great for me as I didn't have one. 

Lord just gives and gives and gives. I love you Lord ❤️

Amen 

• Like 1

I've been trying to look at whether this high rebound rate is sustainable. 

Over 5 games this preseason, he has AVERAGED 8.6 rebounds in 18.4 minutes. That is crazy, because it projects to 15.4 rebounds if he plays his standard 33 minutes a game.

So is there any other evidence to support the elevated rebounds? Yes.

Minny is the top team in pace in the NBA this preseason, with new coach Saunders finally putting his stamp on the team. They are at 112 vs. 100 last season. That is 12 more possessions a game, so maybe 6 more boards available. RoCo is locked in at PF, not SF. This is new, and works in a fast, modern offense. (Old Man Thibbs had his boyfriend Taj at PF. Taj is gone.) RoCo got injured before Saunders replaced Thibbs. So, RoCo never played for Saunders. 

If RoCo starts at PF, you would expect him to get at least as many Rebs as Taj got in 33 minutes, which is 7.1. Then you add the new pace, and assume most of those 6 extra boards are split between RoCo and Towns. That's 3 more boards for RoCo. I have a feeling the team will ask RoCo to be a vacuum on both sides of the ball, given his excellent crashing abilities.

Bottom line: It's not so crazy to think RoCo can get to 10+ boards per game this season.

My line projection: 13 points, 2.5 3pm, 10 rebounds, 1.78 assists, 2.3 steals, 1.5 blks on 43.3% FG/84% FT

Go ahead, call me crazy.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

My line projection: 13 points, 2.5 3pm, 10 rebounds, 1.78 assists, 2.3 steals, 1.5 blks on 43.3% FG/84% FT

Go ahead, call me crazy.

say more beautiful things like this.

13 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Over 5 games this preseason, he has AVERAGED 8.6 rebounds in 18.4 minutes. That is crazy, because it projects to 15.4 rebounds if he plays his standard 33 minutes a game.

Minny is the top team in pace in the NBA this preseason, with new coach Saunders finally putting his stamp on the team. They are at 112 vs. 100 last season. That is 12 more possessions a game, so maybe 6 more boards available. RoCo is locked in at PF, not SF. This is new, and works in a fast, modern offense. (Old Man Thibbs had his boyfriend Taj at PF. Taj is gone.) RoCo got injured before Saunders replaced Thibbs. So, RoCo never played for Saunders. 

If RoCo starts at PF, you would expect him to get at least as many Rebs as Taj got in 33 minutes, which is 7.1. Then you add the new pace, and assume most of those 6 extra boards are split between RoCo and Towns. That's 3 more boards for RoCo. I have a feeling the team will ask RoCo to be a vacuum on both sides of the ball, given his excellent crashing abilities.

Bottom line: It's not so crazy to think RoCo can get to 10+ boards per game this season.

Go ahead, call me crazy.

You crazy SOB, that might just work ❤️

15 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Go ahead, call me crazy.

Love the projection. 

Only question I have is, why do you think his FT % is 84%? 

• Haha 1

I have the Lord on all six of my teams this season. Always took him at fourth round to avoid being sniped. I predict a top 20 season with possibility of sneaking in top 15.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Love the projection. 

Only question I have is, why do you think his FT % is 84%? 

Yes that does look too bold. Maybe 81% is more accurate. It was 85% 2 years ago in Philly, then dropped dramatically to mid 70s last season. I think he was dinged up and maybe tired last season. Or maybe the sample size from Oct to Dec wasn't big enough. Just reversion to the career average puts him at 81%.

I see in CAT leagues he's going really early like 5-6th round. In my counting stats league I got him with the 114th pick! What is his value in these points leagues? I'm guessing the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

1 minute ago, Dominator83 said:

I see in CAT leagues he's going really early like 5-6th round. In my counting stats league I got him with the 114th pick! What is his value in these points leagues? I'm guessing the truth lies somewhere in the middle?

Don't tell me its an ESPN League. 

Points leagues he’s going round 3-5 depending on your league size. I grabbed at 4 to prevent the vultures from running away with this stud.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Points leagues he’s going round 3-5 depending on your league size. I grabbed at 4 to prevent the vultures from running away with this stud.

Holy crap! Looks like I got a real steal then. Maybe it's just because previously, in points leagues he's really only been "just OK" historically, and he spent most of last year hurt. Out of sight out of mind. Even now, he only really started smashing 2 games ago. So he wasn't on the radar the entire preseason. Hell, he wasn't on mine either until 2 games ago!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Holy crap! Looks like I got a real steal then. Maybe it's just because previously, in points leagues he's really only been "just OK" historically, and he spent most of last year hurt. Out of sight out of mind. Even now, he only really started smashing 2 games ago. So he wasn't on the radar the entire preseason. Hell, he wasn't on mine either until 2 games ago!

depends on settings, but robocov has always been a fantasy favorite in my leagues. Before his injury, dude was on fire and commanding huge trade packages throughout my leagues. I couldn’t pry him away in most cases. Glad I have him now.