Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 Outlook

Was obviously drafting him anyway (like I have the past 3 seasons), but even if I didn't want him, there's no way I'd miss out on this thread on nights he goes for 5 3's, 3 steals, 3blks. Welcome back everybody!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I drafted him hope hes worth it

spacer.png

Didn’t take him at the turn of the 2nd round (picks 24 and 25) and he ended up getting sniped 2 picks right before my 4th round pick.

I have failed you my king and I will expect be exiled from the House of Lord Covington.

• Haha 3

I can see around 7-8 boards this year with 2 stls 2 treys and 1.1 blocks. 

5 hours ago, snerpy said:

Didn’t take him at the turn of the 2nd round (picks 24 and 25) and he ended up getting sniped 2 picks right before my 4th round pick.

I have failed you my king and I will expect be exiled from the House of Lord Covington.

The Lord forgives my child. Simply repent by giving up your 1st and 2nd round picks in a trade to welcome him back into your heart. 

• Haha 3

Inexplicably let him go last year for Ayton, this year I'll do my best to keep him.

Welcome home, my Lord.

What happens when min doesn't make playoffs and he has a sore ankle? He gets shut down and you lose your league. Roto I'll happily take him and expect top 30 per game. 

33 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

What happens when min doesn't make playoffs and he has a sore ankle? He gets shut down and you lose your league. Roto I'll happily take him and expect top 30 per game. 

What happens when any player gets injured? 

5 minutes ago, taenggg said:

What happens when any player gets injured? 

Do you understand that certain players are more likely to be injured than others? Not that hard to grasp, you will get there buddy one day if you try hard enough. Guess you couldn't fill in the blanks there...  and you should have said any top 30 player. Thats why durability matters. Jeeze. 

Edited by johnval1362

7 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Do you understand that certain players are more likely to be injured than others? Not that hard to grasp, you will get there buddy one day if you try hard enough. Guess you couldn't fill in the blanks there...  and you should have said any top 30 player. Thats why durability matters. Jeeze. 

He's never missed more than 67 games until last season - hardly a trend. There are any number of injury-prone players in the top 40. Doesn't mean you don't draft them lol. 

25 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Okay Mr. Washington Bullets play in the west and Mr. Otto Porter is still on the Wizards. Such a hard concept to grasp though am I right? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Okay Mr. Washington Bullets play in the west and Mr. Otto Porter is still on the Wizards. Such a hard concept to grasp though am I right? 

Still on that huh? lmao. I placed in more than half my 40+ leagues, not knowing a player you will never draft was traded or where a team is in august has nothing to do with fantasy. Go to nba fan forums, I'm here to make money. Invite me to one of your leagues and I'll deepen my wallet even more. 

Edited by johnval1362

30 minutes ago, fabrar said:

He's never missed more than 67 games until last season - hardly a trend. There are any number of injury-prone players in the top 40. Doesn't mean you don't draft them lol. 

It means their injury risk should be accounted for, and taking an injury prone player based on their per game avg assuming they will play 82 games is idiotic. It's why KAT often goes before AD even though AD has better avg. Thanks captain obvious for your input. 

12 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

It means their injury risk should be accounted for, and taking an injury prone player based on their per game avg assuming they will play 82 games is idiotic. It's why KAT often goes before AD even though AD has better avg. Thanks captain obvious for your input. 

You seem like a ton of fun. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

You seem like a ton of fun. 

Not here for fun I have real life friends. I'm here to give and receive fantasy knowledge backed by reason to increase my $ and yours if you're smart enough to listen to fact based on detailed numerical reasoning. 

Edited by johnval1362

18 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Not here for fun I have real life friends. I'm here to give and receive fantasy knowledge backed by reason to increase my $ and yours if you're smart enough to listen to fact based on detailed numerical reasoning. 

I’m here mostly due to internet addiction bc most of the comments here are trash.  Posting my theories here only hurts me bc everyone in my leagues read my comments and tries to price enforce my guys in auction lol.  

• Haha 3

Hey! Everyone stop bickering and take that mess elsewhere. This thread is for good vibes and praise lmao

• Like 6

1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

No one denied doing any of those things, though. Reading comprehension and simple understanding isn't really your strong suit, is it?

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

No one denied doing any of those things, though. Reading comprehension and simple understanding isn't really your strong suit, is it?

Taengg said "what if any player gets injured". My response was to that. A player that is injury prone on a non playoff team is more prone to rest and shut down than another. He was implying they're all equal as if there are no other factors which I laid out in my first response, while also saying hes a great roto player. So I guess simple reading and comprehension isn't yours? 

ya'll cats will argue about anything huh

please don't sully the house/thread that Lord built for us.Let it the be shrine of goodwill and bountiful stocks that he fully intended for us

Amen

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Quazza said:

ya'll cats will argue about anything huh

please don't sully the house/thread that Lord built for us.Let it the be shrine of goodwill and bountiful stocks that he fully intended for us

Amen

Yes you're right my brother. My Lord Covington, please forgive me for sullying your house by arguing with a worthless heathen. I beg forgiveness and promise to uphold peace in this palace of stocks.

• Like 2