Sign in to follow this  
pyro7

Robert Covington 2019-2020 season outlook

Yes, and a steal at his current Yahoo ADP.

A must draft for me from the 4th round onwards, especially if you're punting assists.

He's on my DND list.  Dude breaks down every season.  I would draft him with the intent to trade him prior to whatever knee injury is inevitable.  Draft low, sell high.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Espoiral said:

Yes, and a steal at his current Yahoo ADP.

A must draft for me from the 4th round onwards, especially if you're punting assists.

He's the reincarnation of Danny Green for me. You draft him for the steals, blocks, 3s, and nothing else. His skills always make him a boon to any fantasy team, and perennially underrated in pre-season ranks.

He shouldn't slip past the 5th in terms of overall value. But, it's worth nothing, even if you think he's healthy, he's only played over 70 games 1 out of 5 seasons (although he doesn't usually slip below 67). So don't draft him expecting him to be healthy all year, or consistent all year.

Still, I factor that in, and if I can get ~70 games of him at a draft position around 5th or so, I'd be okay with it. 

Edited by s-kayos
  • Like 2

I don't think he's a sleeper or a steal because the downgrade in his ADP is primarily due to injury concern and a poor situation.  I don't think they are making the playoffs this year and he's a big risk to not play during the fantasy playoffs.  Also, his top 15 rank in BBM is an illusion because if one were to really pick him in the second round (no one is) it would basically force a punt in points and assist.  I think it would be kinda cool in an auction to create a punt points team like this: Jokic, Draymond, Otto, Covington.  Maybe cheap guys such as Smart and/or PatBev, White, Murray, whoever at the 1.  Danny Green at the 2.

PG: Smart, PatBev

SG: Green

SF: Otto, Covington

PF: Draymond

😄 Jokic

These guys should only cost around $160 total dollars leaving you room to fill the empty spots.  I don't think it has any statistical weakness either, aside from points, maybe blocks.  Pick up MitchRob cheaply if you can, or Allen.   

Covington has his usefulness, you just have to work around low points, assists, and poor FG%.  Not to mention durability and playoff concerns.  I like him and my friends tease me for drafting him so frequently...I don't think he's a steal, but I think his valuation is appropriate given his concerns. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

didn't he return top 15 value on min for those 22 games? 

Yes.

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

didn't he return top 15 value on min for those 22 games? 

It's the other 60 games that concern me...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lord RoCo set to smite all the non believers

spacer.png

• Haha 1

I am getting excited about the Lord in this new uptempo offense 

12 minutes ago, IT2 said:

I am getting excited about the Lord in this new uptempo offense 

The Lord will never fail us! Rain or shine, blizzard or drought, His holiness will grant us with salvation!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lord RoCo looking like Rodman out there with all these Rebs!

Edited by japs

The Lord has cometh to cleanse the thought of those heathens who worship false stock gods. 

All hail Lord Roco!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Extra_Rice said:

The Lord has cometh to cleanse the thought of those heathens who worship false stock gods. 

Yes Brother, yes. And thank you

Amen

in deeper competitive leagues he is going in the 3rd round... for me, only concern is Wiggins and health.

8 hours ago, japs said:

Lord RoCo looking like Rodman out there with all these Rebs!

Board Covington

spacer.png

• Haha 3

IT'S THY LORD ROCO V EVERYONE! (but mainly Team Blasphemy in the Thybelle thread)

Lord, I know it's your seventh season but no time to rest. May you please bring us bountiful stocks and 3's

Edited by freddo

Lord out there literally blessing the glass with 9 first half boards

• Like 1

Our glorious Lord has ascended to a higher plane, channeling the mythical God of Boards Rodman 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thy Lord RoCo has further blessed us with bountiful rebounds aside from his daily blessings of stocks!

But seriously though, I hope he can stay healthy this year and finish strong.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Extra_Rice said:

Thy Lord RoCo has further blessed us with bountiful rebounds aside from his daily blessings of stocks!

But seriously though, I hope he can stay healthy this year and finish strong.

Don't we all.  Holding onto this guy for 2+ months while nursing a bone bruise before dropping last year was my downfall in one league last year.