mulleteer

Matthew Stafford 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

last time 'Homie played in a dome he chucked for 600/6 .... that was college, of course, but - friggin' track meet coming up for the Chiefs on that indoor fast surface 🤑 (also, Slay looking doubtful).

unlike his uninspiring outing vs a bad Iggles secondary last week (also hurt by a special teams score by Detroit), Chiefs gonna put up a ton of points (unlike Philly) ... can't play close to the vest vs those beasts. 

Marvin pulled a Lazarus last week, Kenny G is lethal ... Hock and 'Dola and CarryOn and wunderkind Ty can keep it honest underneath ... and don't gimme this "ball control to keep 'Homie off the field" gahhhhrbaaahhhhge ... this has all the makings of a 41-27 kinda gig - Staff gonna rack sum up. 

HOLLA 🇨🇦

2 minutes ago, Broncos132 said:

I'm not sure what this says, but I do agree. I'm heavily favoring Stafford over Jones as a streamer right now 

“Pardon me stewardess, but I speak Jive” - June Cleaver, Airplane (1978)

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

“Pardon me stewardess, but I speak Jive” - June Cleaver, Airplane (1978)

June Cleavester?  oooooffffaaahhh ... i get that it was a cameo and all that kinda gunk, but ... at least toss me an Eddie Haskell, ya hear?

"GEE, MRS. FORD ... THAT'S A LOVELY QB YOU HAVE THERE"

Staff: 24/41/306/3/2

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Fire up Stafford.  Top 5 play this week.  Don't overthink it.  That is all.

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Chiefs def aint the cake walk it used to be, ask Lamar Jackson.  Keenum lit up eagles secondary, yet this overpaid guy couldn't 🤔

1 minute ago, RingMyBell said:

Chiefs def aint the cake walk it used to be, ask Lamar Jackson.  Keenum lit up eagles secondary, yet this overpaid guy couldn't 🤔

4 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Just now, RingMyBell said:

did you watch the game? Lamar, if he was capable of consistent NFL level throws, would've tossed for 350 yds ... guys were open.  plus Arrowhead .akes a yuuuuuge difference. 

are we forgetting the 6th rd rook Mustache torching these cats to the tune of 275/3 rolling off the bench in week one?

Just popped up on the injury report with a hip. Damn shame, was really high on him this week as a streamer over Jameis, and I'll probably still do it assuming he plays. It always sucks to have the aggravation risk in the back of my mind at 12:55 PM on Sunday.

Just now, Eddie Mush said:

I hate that they got rid of the probable tag. I can't see him not playing

no question he starts ... but will he finish?

too risky, imo ... late week injuries are no bueno - and this kid's not the most nimble chap to begin with. 

Stafford played with cracked bones in his back last year. He’ll play

• Like 4

Had Stafford penciled in as a starter in 2 leagues but now I have to re-think.  May have to bench for Kyle Allen.

3 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

Dudes a warrior hes going to play. 

I'm sure he'll play, but play well? It was mentioned that he played through a broken back but looking at his 2018 numbers he probably should've just sat.. Still think he's the streaming option over the Keenum/Kyle Allen/Mariota/Dalton's of the world, but it definitely bring's some hesitation now.

33 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no question he starts ... but will he finish?

too risky, imo ... late week injuries are no bueno - and this kid's not the most nimble chap to begin with. 

I don't think it's risky at all. Any player can get injured any time. Tweaking a hip isn't a scary injury. I'm streaming him in a shootout dome game with KC.

Just now, Eddie Mush said:

I don't think it's risky at all. Any player can get injured any time. Tweaking a hip isn't a scary injury. I'm streaming him in a shootout dome game with KC.

i'd love your take so much more if i hadn't heard you screaming "C'MOOOOONNNN KRYPTONITE!!!!1!!!!1!1!" over at Aqueduct 🐎

• Haha 1

He's playing.  This is not a concern.

• Like 1

Hasn’t missed a game in 9 years... if he can walk, he’s going to play.

1 hour ago, mjagger42 said:

I know he's a tough SOB but I'm a little concerned. 

Not good to hear.  Time to find another streamer I think.

Amendola inactive. Anyone still in with Stafford? This looks like the classic case of me making a last-minute change and getting burned. 

I’m benching with this news. Slay inactive as well. This could get out of hand quickly and Stafford ends up resting early. 

Im going to plug Minshew/Chark into my lineup instead. 0-3, gotta be bold. YOLO

Edited by billydough

5132.jpg

Matthew Stafford is attempting passes 20-plus yards down the field at more than double the rate he did in 2018.

Per Sports Info Solutions, Stafford's "deep ball percentage" currently sits at 19.9 after registering at just 8.6 in 2018. Next Gen Stats has charted Stafford's average intended air yards at 11.2 yards, the highest of any current starter. Part of that is assuredly a slate that has featured the Cardinals and Eagles' awful defensive backs in addition to the shootout-prone Chiefs, though Stafford also attempted six such passes against the Chargers' stouter secondary in Week 2. That was amongst the league leaders that week. Stafford certainly has the personnel to challenge down the field. After he was nearly run-established out of the fantasy picture last season, Stafford has re-emerged as a legitimate QB2 streamer. The Packers are a tough Week 5 matchup.

I think the Cowboys would agree.

Thinking about picking him up and playing over Goff and Winston + holding ROS over Winston.

Anyone else rolling Stafford out consistently??  Thoughts on this weekend and ROS (2 x CHI before week 13)??