Jyeatbvg

Start up keeper league / Yahoo / 8 keepers / 14 teams / 9-cat

Hey folks, just started a First year keeper league / Yahoo / 8 keepers / 14 teams / 9-cat / live auction draft. I've been playing fantasy for 10+ years and am a dedicated commish. I'm looking for good managers to build this league around. Looking for a diamond rating or up. Please shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Like the league size, keepers and most important a good LM. Usually play ESPN but this league appeals to me. Am LM for a baseball and hockey league on ESPN and leagues have been solid for 5 years+. My email is gopherscott@gmail.com.

1 hour ago, gopherscot said:

Like the league size, keepers and most important a good LM. Usually play ESPN but this league appeals to me. Am LM for a baseball and hockey league on ESPN and leagues have been solid for 5 years+. My email is gopherscott@gmail.com.

Sounds good, sent you an invite! Looking to build a close-knit group of managers that will be in for the long haul.

Copied and pasted the league welcome message so people will know what we're about:

Legends, 

Congratulations on being part of the OG class of the greatest fantasy basketball league known to man. The expectation is simple: be active, be polite and trade! 

Just a quick summary of the rules and league info: 

- The roster size is flexible but I'd prefer for it not to change too drastically 
- The categories are set 
- Every team has to keep 8 players every year with no limitations (i.e. the manager with AD can keep him forever) 
- If we can't get enough people we'll slim the league to 12 teams 
- Draft date is not set and will be discussed once we have a full league 

I've been playing fantasy basketball for over a decade and have commished many leagues. I'm hoping we can find a core group of managers to play competitively year-in year-out. If you've joined with the intention of half-assing or just to check once a week, this league isn't for you. This is the only league I'm joining this year and I'm hoping/expecting everyone else will be as dedicated. 

If you have any questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 
JY

1 hour ago, geodam89 said:

Hi, is this a money league?

It is not but we can keep the idea open for year 2 once we have a core group of managers. 

usually on ESPN / fantrax, but am keen to join on Yahoo, is it possible? In 3 other dynasty leagues, including a 16-team one on ESPN of which I am commish. 

send invite to funky.viking@yahoo.com if you're okay. 

3 hours ago, thekickasswombat said:

usually on ESPN / fantrax, but am keen to join on Yahoo, is it possible? In 3 other dynasty leagues, including a 16-team one on ESPN of which I am commish. 

send invite to funky.viking@yahoo.com if you're okay. 

Invite sent. I started this league because I was tired of being in leagues where half the managers became inactive halfway through the year. If the other leagues might get in the way of you being active in this one then maybe find another league, but if you're active and intend to be in this for the long-haul I'm fine with that.

hello, Im keen to join this league, my previous dynasty league the commish decided not to continue, so I am eager to join, and I will be active till the end :)

jimmypan24@gmail.com

16 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

hello, Im keen to join this league, my previous dynasty league the commish decided not to continue, so I am eager to join, and I will be active till the end :)

jimmypan24@gmail.com

Invite sent! Welcome aboard my man, I think you snagged the last spot!

I lots of years play in espn, but have two years expierence and yahoo. Im interest in your league. If are free apot invite me.

Mantaspxx@yahoo.com

Hello Jyeatbvg,

I am extremely into fantasy basketball.... This will be my 4th year and am in a very competitive redraft league. I feel it's time for me to get into dynasty! I listen to pods all the time and am beyond dedicated.

Please email me Jgjohn.t34@gmail.com

It sound like settings are negotiable... Is this H2H? What do you think about only keeping 6 players? I think this makes things more interesting... Also I would prefer 12 team but can live with 14.