dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, CanaBuc said:

remember Theo Riddick is gone and this guy is fast and is able to catch passes. If he could take over the Theo Riddick roll and spell kerryon Johnson for a few carries a game he could be a running back to or at least a flex in PPR leagues.

I like your optimism but kerryon is very good at receiving as well. At best you can hope they split receiving duty and rushing to maintain their health. They bother seem to have the ability to be productive with lower volume as opposed to bell cows. Time will tell.

12 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

A lot of dancing, not too many yards...

You’re right. Kerryon’s quick feet and athleticism are an issue. He should have let himself get tackled by each of those guys. Creating yards on his own, what a loser!

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

We need to get this guy’s post count higher in one week than kerryon’s post count for the last 9 months. It’s Rotoworld at its finest.

9 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

You’re right. Kerryon’s quick feet and athleticism are an issue. He should have let himself get tackled by each of those guys. Creating yards on his own, what a loser!

He’s no Lesean McCoy. I don’t think he’s a patient enough runner, doesn’t make the right reads. 

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

A lot of dancing, not too many yards...

He avoided getting tackled 3 times and added 6 yards to the play. You say you don't hate Kerryon but it's blatantly obvious what your agenda is. Idk why you hate him so much but your bias is clearly clouting your judgement.

26 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

What's going on in here? Is this guy really going to be taking a bunch of touches from Kerryon?

The real question is, how many is Kerryon going to manage to steal from this stud

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

What's going on in here? Is this guy really going to be taking a bunch of touches from Kerryon?

Taking? Kerryeon has averaged 57% of touches for the Lions in his career. Somebody has to get those 'other' touches. People are hoping here that it's obviously Ty. Shrug

Edited by MrPositive

13 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Solid take.

I'm a K. Johnson owner so obviously interested.

That said, I've got a ton of RB depth with lots of RBs who are "playable" in a pinch -- M. Sanders, R. Burkhead, AP (along with starters Barkley, Ekeler, K. Johnson). 

For me, I'm thinking lotto ticket vs. playability.

With what you have the lotto ticket definitely makes more sense.  Rex & Miles are totally playable so go for the homerun.

2 hours ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

Kerryon will get 60% of the touches like most starting RBs do. We're excited because Ty should get most of the remaining 40%. We can like Ty without it being an indictment of Kerryon.

• Like 1

If rotoworld wants to go off on valuable handcuffs, why isn't the Alexander Mattison thread blowing up?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Kerryon will get 60% of the touches like most starting RBs do. We're excited because Ty should get most of the remaining 40%. We can like Ty without it being an indictment of Kerryon.

We can like the talent from both guys, what you can't like is trusting an rb on a team where Patricia is calling the shots unfortunately.  Lions are 1 of 4 teams without a goalline opportunity this season, i'm fully expecting that if they get there this game it won't be Kerryon or Ty who gets the nod, i'll be some short pass to Hockensen instead, bc that's how Patricia rolls 🙄

3 minutes ago, TheINC said:

We can like the talent from both guys, what you can't like is trusting an rb on a team where Patricia is calling the shots unfortunately.  Lions are 1 of 4 teams without a goalline opportunity this season, i'm fully expecting that if they get there this game it won't be Kerryon or Ty who gets the nod, i'll be some short pass to Hockensen instead, bc that's how Patricia rolls 🙄

I don't expect Ty to ever get goal line carries, so that's more of an issue for KJ, if true. 

I do like Ty as a match up problem catching the ball out of the backfield in the red zone though. 

3 hours ago, ccimore said:

If rotoworld wants to go off on valuable handcuffs, why isn't the Alexander Mattison thread blowing up?

Because he is likely more than a handcuff

3 hours ago, ccimore said:

it will blow the eff up when Cook goes down ... that Mattison kid is gonna win leegs aplenty.  damn shame i only have one outta three possible shares.  damm. shame. 

4 hours ago, ccimore said:

We seriously have to explain this again???

Because Dalvin Cook is the best rb in football so far in 2019 and is commanding 75% of the snaps and touches with an absurd 6.5 ypc. The Lions have never shown a bellcow rb since Barry himself, and Kerryeon is probably not the guy to do that either (57% of snaps, 3.2 ypc). They love having a 3rd down receiver and other setups for Stafford, and even preached committee all offseason. So considering Perkins and McKissic are lucky to even have jobs and CJ Anderson was cut suddenly for some reason, one would think they really like their Ty. Somebody has to make up that 40% of snaps.... So both being 2nd backs is very different. Now if Cook sadly goes down, then you hit a goldmine with Mattison, but that’s hoping for injuries, which I don’t usually play. Give me Ty right now all day...get it?

Edited by MrPositive
  • Haha 1

78/19/3 in terms of touch %. I think snaps were even more skewed to Kerryon.

But based on the eye test i think we’re heading to 50/50.

Edited by Ruut6
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

78/19/3 in terms of touch %. I think snaps were even more skewed to Kerryon.

But based on the eye test i think we’re heading to 50/50.

This guy got a few chances to suck.

Kerryon was given 20 chances and took all of em

• Haha 1

Lots of guys have started out their HOF careers going 6 touches for 6 yards

• Like 1