Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

This guy got a few chances to suck.

Kerryon was given 20 chances and took all of em

Ok so the argument before was that Ty would be getting close to 50% of the touches so he’d be valuable.

Now since Ty got 19% of the touches - let’s hear the talent argument.

Yeah I bought into the hype too, but forgot this is the Lions and is coached my Patricia.  Mistakes were made.

I eat my crow. I thought he would be getting the carries left by CJ. It was Kerryon that benefited the most.

Just now, jsch08 said:

So. . . Is he Alvin Kamara yet?

Almost.  Right now, he’s a rich man’s Darwin Thompson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

KJ 20 carries for 0 yards. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean. Ty was/is a good lotto ticket because KJ is still unproven. 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

So. . . Is he Alvin Kamara yet?

God, I hope so.  I'll probably be starting him WITH Kerryon next week (Barkley owner). 

16 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

KJ 20 carries for 0 yards. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but you know what I mean. Ty was/is a good lotto ticket because KJ is still unproven. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Ohio#1kerryonhater

• Like 1

you guys are weird. firing up kerryon johnson every week with ty johnson as a handcuff on the bench. plug them in and forget the rest.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:41 PM, goldpants77 said:

Johnson is going to surprise some you folks this weekend.i definitely expect big things from Johnson at the RB position for the Detroit Lions

Sorry if ther ws any confusion, by Johnson I meant Kerryon Johnson 🙂🤭🤣

I still don't understand how people can get on this hype train with the lack of compelling evidence.  Some make sense and some don't.  This one was/is baffling to me.

Running backs

Kerryon Johnson: 48 (75%)
Nick Bawden: 19 (30%) — 19 special teams snaps (63%)
Ty Johnson: 13 (20%) — 8 (27%)
J.D. McKissic: 6 (9%) — 11 (37%)

Observations:

• With C.J. Anderson released last week, Kerryon Johnson came as close to a workhorse back as we’ve seen in Detroit. He had a career-high 20 carries, and his 75 percent participation rate is the second highest of his career.
  • Offensive line rotations are still happening at the guard positions, for some reason.

Friendly reminder.  I see this guy being dropped now all over the place.  Talent is still there, road to fantasy relevancy is still there, and if you have the lotto ticket space - this might be a good one to take advantage of.  

I'm chewing on which player has a better road to relevancy Mostert or Ty Johnson - I am leaning Mostert because he has already hit relevancy multiple times in his career. 

6 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Friendly reminder.  I see this guy being dropped now all over the place.  Talent is still there, road to fantasy relevancy is still there, and if you have the lotto ticket space - this might be a good one to take advantage of.  

I'm chewing on which player has a better road to relevancy Mostert or Ty Johnson - I am leaning Mostert because he has already hit relevancy multiple times in his career. 

I've already picked up and dropped so many "league winners" that the odds are that I've probably dropped an actual league winner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This guy was/is still a good lotto ticket. It’s not that hard to identify Rbs who might get a shot. Just pick a team with an unproven or injury prone starting Rb. In this case we have both in KJ. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 4:19 PM, Sternes said:

I still don't understand how people can get on this hype train with the lack of compelling evidence.  Some make sense and some don't.  This one was/is baffling to me.

These are people who only read box scores and spit out ypc (which anyone can do) and don’t watch actual football games. So to them Kerryon sucks and this guy is awesome and is bound to take over.

25 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

This guy was/is still a good lotto ticket. It’s not that hard to identify Rbs who might get a shot. Just pick a team with an unproven or injury prone starting Rb. In this case we have both in KJ. 

Broken record.