dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

The love for this guy is silly.  McKissic had 5 touches for 41 yards and he had 28 snaps to this pocket Hercules 11.  It would seem that McKissic is next man up.  This guy does indeed have a lot of Darwin Thompson in him...

So, at this point, I think it's clear...

Do the Lions like him and want to keep him involved?  Yes.

Is he going to be fantasy relevant without an injury?  Nope.

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So, at this point, I think it's clear...

Do the Lions like him and want to keep him involved?  Yes.

Is he going to be fantasy relevant without an injury?  Nope.

To be fair, this was still fairly clear when CJA was dropped.

9 minutes ago, ckbeav said:

Anyone spending FAAB on him? 

I wouldn't. Okay, I did -- the first time around.  Made me feel brilliant cutting him two weeks later. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ckbeav said:

Anyone spending FAAB on him? 

Got to get him right?

RB2 if Kerryon misses time.

• Haha 2

McKissic has been far more efficient with his touches than Ty Johnson. TJ is probably the better athlete and has a more ideal build than McKissic to handle a heavier workload (though he's undersized as well), but McKissic has clearly looked like the better player on the field this season. I think it's an ugly timeshare regardless, but I can see McKissic ending up with more fantasy points in KJ's absence.

17 minutes ago, mjb said:

RB2 if Kerryon misses time.

Kerryon is an RB2 despite the entire workload. He’s more of a mid/low flex. That line doesn’t do favors and there’s no telling who gets the goal line work if Kerryon were out. Don’t go reaching for Ty.

• Like 1

Ty Johnson handled 10 carries for 29 yards, tacking on four catches for another 28 yards in Detroit's Week 7 loss to the Vikings.

Advice: The yardage wasn't there, but the rookie was Detroit's clear-cut workhorse without Kerryon Johnson (knee) available for the majority of play. Pending the latter's availability, Johnson needs to be prioritized among Week 8's waiver wire pickups. The sixth-rounder also got goal line work sans Kerryon throughout.

I'm pretty sure this guy is going to majorly disappoint if he starts next week 

9 hours ago, Olliemets said:

McKissic has been far more efficient with his touches than Ty Johnson. TJ is probably the better athlete and has a more ideal build than McKissic to handle a heavier workload (though he's undersized as well), but McKissic has clearly looked like the better player on the field this season. I think it's an ugly timeshare regardless, but I can see McKissic ending up with more fantasy points in KJ's absence.

Agree here.

I don't think i'd be dumping big free agency dollars into either of these guys.  It'll be an ugly timeshare and let's face it....The Lions aren't exactly a team that churns out all kinds of TD runs.

If Kerryon is out for any length of time, I'd bet they either bring back CJ or swing a deal for somebody like Drake or something.  Or maybe even Jay Ajayi?

I just don't think either of these guys is a long term solution or that interesting of a fantasy play.  Honestly, I might even rather have Mckissic in PPR leagues.

21 minutes ago, owenmills said:

vs the Giants? I dunno

• Like 2

6 hours ago, owenmills said:

If it’s anything like the success Chase Edmonds had👀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, konstao said:

Is this guy good ? Worth the n1 waiver priority?

If you want to hate yourself, sure go ahead.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Here's his scouting report: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ty-johnson

Summary: he's not a starting caliber RB

To add on to this, here is my page 1 post:

On 9/17/2019 at 6:57 PM, Sternes said:

Guy is an athletic freak but not a very good RB.  Nothing about him out of college wow'd me other than his measurables which are elite.  Maxed out frame reminds me of AA but a lot faster. Poor lateral movement and not shifty for a guy his size.  In space, get him on a bubble screen and some blocking and he can take it to the house.  Lacks vision.  Racked up yards against poor competition and didn't do nearly as well against solid opponents.  I get the excitement over the measurables, not over the way he plays and his RB ability.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Here's his scouting report: https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ty-johnson

Summary: he's not a starting caliber RB

They also said Gardner Minshew didn't deserve to be drafted and had virtually no shot to ever start in the NFL. 

I'm not saying TDN is bad, but players surprise every year. 

Kerryon to miss some time, it’s happening👍

Didn’t we already go over this with Gallman? Everyone said he was a bum and not worth a pick and went off for 20+ points in the first half. Bummer he got injured in the following game.

Its worth a gamble if you you’re struggling at RB. I’m gonna do it because there’s not a lot out there.

• Thanks 2