dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

He was owned in my 14 teamer a couple weeks ago.🤷‍♂️

We still have very little clarity on what's going on with Johnson, but it sounds like he's going to miss at least Week 8 at the minimum against the Giants. Ty Johnson is expected to slide into Kerryon's role on early downs, making him arguably the top waiver add of the week, while J.D. McKissic remains the Lions' pass-down back.

Oct 21, 2019, 7:28 PM ET

Are we maybe overvaluing Johnson, and over looking JD McKissic? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

A very just question. 

55 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Who really knows.  Only thing you can go on is last game.  Mckissic was basically only used as the passing back. 

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Who really knows.  Only thing you can go on is last game.  Mckissic was basically only used as the passing back. 

Just looking at the box score.

Ty Johnson. 10 rushes 29 yards. Caught all four targets for 28 yards. 

JD McKissic. 5 rushes for 29 yards caught 2/3 targets for 31 yards. 

17 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Just looking at the box score.

Ty Johnson. 10 rushes 29 yards. Caught all four targets for 28 yards. 

JD McKissic. 5 rushes for 29 yards caught 2/3 targets for 31 yards. 

1 was at start of game and 2 was on last drive of first half (fully expect him to get 2 min drill work over a rookie) with one of them coming on third down. The other two came when they gave him a series in second half. His receptions were one on 3rd and 7 and one on 2nd and 17. So in essence all but two caries were when Det was in passing situations 

3 hours ago, youngrice said:

1 was at start of game and 2 was on last drive of first half (fully expect him to get 2 min drill work over a rookie) with one of them coming on third down. The other two came when they gave him a series in second half. His receptions were one on 3rd and 7 and one on 2nd and 17. So in essence all but two caries were when Det was in passing 

Also Snap Counts are telling:

Ty Johnson : 49/79

Mckissic: 19/79

I am still going for ty johnson but fear a fa signing.

Ty is the guy to own over JD but he has the lowest prospect score on NFL.com that I can ever recall seeing. Pretty weak college numbers as well. This would be a pure desperation pickup. 

This guy goes from a hype train "Kerryon overtaker" earlier in the thread to "I wouldnt waste my #1 ww".  What changed?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

This guy goes from a hype train "Kerryon overtaker" earlier in the thread to "I wouldnt waste my #1 ww".  What changed?

Salty owners on both ends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Ty is the guy to own over JD but he has the lowest prospect score on NFL.com that I can ever recall seeing. Pretty weak college numbers as well. This would be a pure desperation pickup. 

7.6 yards per carry is weak?

49 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Rotoworld forums are bipolar AF

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, mattlol said:

7.6 yards per carry is weak?

Yeah, college state weren’t weak, but I never watched him play at Maryland. 

Edited by Flyman75

1 hour ago, Zangief80 said:

bizarre

13 hours ago, tpat30 said:

Didn’t we already go over this with Gallman? Everyone said he was a bum and not worth a pick and went off for 20+ points in the first half. Bummer he got injured in the following game.

Its worth a gamble if you you’re struggling at RB. I’m gonna do it because there’s not a lot out there.

Agreed BUT huge caveat, the thing with Gallman was he was getting all the passing volume as well. Ty is definitely gonna split with McKissic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

This is where I'm at. I think if I were to burn it for Johnson it would be because I've saved it all year and feel obligated to use it the first injury that pops up. It'd be one thing if KJ was killing it, but he's ranked 28th in HPPR. 

I'm going to save it and see if jd mckissic is there tomorrow morning. 

I feel like I'm going to save it as well.  I just have this gut that if I burned it, someone pretty nutty is going to end up going down next weekend and I will be kicking myself.

• Like 1

Sorry but anyone thinking of burning the #1 overall waiver isn't thinking straight. Kerryon might only miss one game at this point. And this guy was a JAG in his limited appearance. 

• Like 2

Agree, save your #1, better FA's down the road.

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Sorry but anyone thinking of burning the #1 overall waiver isn't thinking straight. Kerryon might only miss one game at this point. And this guy was a JAG in his limited appearance. 

Hoping we get some more info today, before the waiver vortex happens overnight lol

7 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Also Snap Counts are telling:

Ty Johnson : 49/79

Mckissic: 19/79

I am still going for ty johnson but fear a fa signing.

This is the important part. If they don't sign anyone, Ty Johnson becomes a starting RB with pass catching chops and electric speed. He would immediately be in the RB2 conversation in PPR leagues. However, there's still a good chance someone like Ajayi or Anderson signs in the next day or two. If Johnson and JD are the only real RB options come Thursday, then this becomes exciting. 

[...] at this point, with everyone holding almost every RB's handcuff, it wouldn't hurt to take a shot at him if he's avaliable to see where this goes. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

What’s a Kerryon dynasty owner to do? Put in a basic bid or blow the wad for a handcuff ROS and beyond?

In other words, what kind of college career?

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

I agree. Ty Johnson hasn't shown anything yet in his limited role that leads me to believe he will be worth a high waiver. There might be a more significant injury in a few weeks that leads to a better starter for the ROS. Not a one game rental. It also isn't a particularly attractive run offense.