dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

Interesting on Yahoo, buth T. Johnson and McKissic have the same projections.

He should be owned simply due to the situation.

I'm wondering for those of him hyping him have actually seen him play at all.

KJ is a much more talented back than Ty is, and his ceiling was severely limited due to Patricia/Bevell's idiotic play calling to run their RB up the gut into a pile of lineman 80% of the time.  With Ty not likely to get the same usage as KJ was since McKissic will get passing downs work, I would expect pretty mediocre results at best with very little upside.  This is just an uninspiring run game to have to rely on, even moreso now with a less talented back as the quasi "lead" RB.

1 minute ago, TheINC said:

KJ is a much more talented back than Ty is, and his ceiling was severely limited due to Patricia/Bevell's idiotic play calling to run their RB up the gut into a pile of lineman 80% of the time.  With Ty not likely to get the same usage as KJ was since McKissic will get passing downs work, I would expect pretty mediocre results at best with very little upside.  This is just an uninspiring run game to have to rely on, even moreso now with a less talented back as the quasi "lead" RB.

But he's a rocket scientist...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^^

to those of you talking out of your rear ends without doing any research, this should clear things up for you.

Week 7 RB offensive snap counts

T. Johnson - 49

McKissic - 19

K. Johnson - 11

lol

• Like 1

When Kerryon left the game,

Ty Johnson 13 touches, 9 carries, 4 receiptions

McKissic 5 touches, 4 carries, 1 rec.

18 minutes ago, TheINC said:

KJ is a much more talented back than Ty is

Except Ty is faster and stronger.

7 minutes ago, chargahs said:

^^^

to those of you talking out of your rear ends without doing any research, this should clear things up for you.

Week 7 RB offensive snap counts

T. Johnson - 49

McKissic - 19

K. Johnson - 11

lol

When teams lose their starting RB mid-game, the guy who gets the carries in that game isn't always the guy who gets carries the next game. It happens all the time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

When teams lose their starting RB mid-game, the guy who gets the carries in that game isn't always the guy who gets carries the next game. It happens all the time. 

you’re right, but it’s not about the carries, it’s about the snaps. Ty Johnson dominated the snaps. I expect 60/40 to 70/30 going forward.

11 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Sure, that means he'll clearly outproduce KJ in that horrid run game right?  Considering KJ was getting about a 77% snap share. And how exactly is he stronger?  KJ was bigger, faster, and a more talented runner than a 6th round pick. 

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Sure, that means he'll clearly outproduce KJ in that horrid run game right?  Considering KJ was getting about a 77% snap share...

Well all know the answers in a few weeks

15 minutes ago, Finisher said:

but sucks at playing RB.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

I can't think of an example of this other than the Patriots, but they used to do that stuff even when no one was hurt. Can you think think of any other?

13 minutes ago, TheINC said:

And how exactly is he stronger?  KJ was bigger, faster, and a more talented runner than a 6th round pick. 

Ty ran 4.30s at his pro day with 29 bench reps

KJ ran 4.55 with 11 reps

Ty 7.6 yards a carry in college, KJ 4.8 yards a carry

Just now, Finisher said:

KJ ran 4.55 with 11 reps

Ty is shorter, smaller, and a 6th round pick, and YPC is a garbage stat, we all know this.  If he was so much better than KJ then why didn't he a) get drafted higher or grade out as a starting calibre RB, and b) steal the job from KJ since he's clearly so much better according to you?  The guy is just another plug RB, sure he'll get opportunities now, but really if you're expecting him to even match KJ's production you're in for a disappointment. Don't forget who calls the plays on this team.  I'm guessing you really haven't been watching Lions games this season.

I have a claim in for him, but I'm torn on this one. Hes not as good as KJ obviously, and I dont believe he'll see incredible volume. I avoided this backfield for a reason this year. Still wouldn't mind adding him for depth

man some of you guys really have it all figured out   ...  none of you know what is going to happen

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Finisher said:

KJ ran 4.55 with 11 reps

How many times have we seen these workout warriors who couldn't play football? I saw Kerryon put an Auburn team on his back his last year of college and almost lead them to a national championship. I know nobody really thinks Ty is more talented than KJ so I don't know what's the point of posting the metric differences 

16 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Ty is shorter, smaller, and a 6th round pick, and YPC is a garbage stat, we all know this.  If he was so much better than KJ then why didn't he a) get drafted higher or grade out as a starting calibre RB, and b) steal the job from KJ since he's clearly so much better according to you?  The guy is just another plug RB, sure he'll get opportunities now, but really if you're expecting him to even match KJ's production you're in for a disappointment. Don't forget who calls the plays on this team.  I'm guessing you really haven't been watching Lions games this season.

I mean, according to to my research (which isn't that extensive), Kerryon has an inch and a pound on him roughly. Doesn't seem like much of a difference. YPC is a garbage stat sure, especially in college comparisons, but using the 6th round pick argument is just as lame.

Everything else I agree with.

Edited by FSJSteel

I'm mostly worried about draft pedigree with him.  What did those other teams shy away from? 

That said, Aaron Jones was pick 182 in 2017. Ty was 186 in 2019.  

7 minutes ago, aadam said:

man some of you guys really have it all figured out   ...  none of you know what is going to happen

For all we know, they could end up giving up a late round pick for Kenyan Drake later this week and then we're back to TY Johnson having no value again. I'm not going to touch this backfield and waste a high waiver claim or blow all my FAAB dollars after already wasting my time as a Kerryon owner this year...I'll look elsewhere and let everyone else in my league go crazy for him.

• Like 2

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

For all we know, they could end up giving up a late round pick for Kenyan Drake later this week and then we're back to TY Johnson having no value again. I'm not going to touch this backfield and waste a high waiver claim or blow all my FAAB dollars after already wasting my time as a Kerryon owner this year...I'll look elsewhere and let everyone else in my league go crazy for him.

That's fine, but its week 8.  This might be the last opportunity to blow that waiver claim or faab.  Keep in mind that waiver claims and faab lose value every week, since the player you get is on your team for less time.

And whos to say if a better opportunity comes by that someone doesnt outbid you for him?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Finisher said:

KJ ran 4.55 with 11 reps

2.9 Sunday. Ty isn't that good and I wouldn't be shocked to see CJ come in.