Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

His yahoo pic alone makes me wanna scoop him up...kids gonna ball...It really is happening isnt it...

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

His yahoo pic alone makes me wanna scoop him up...kids gonna ball...It really is happening isnt it...

Welcome to RW. Where everyone who has a slight chance to do well is overhyped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, oresteszero said:

Welcome to RW. Where everyone who has a slight chance to do well is overhyped. 

It's only "overhyped" if you don't believe what you're saying....the kid passed the eye test for me...

I think that Ty J is being given a chance on a  team that is looking for a spark, from an OC and HC that believe in him enough to cut proven verterans for...so relax and pick him up

Just now, dfstout said:

It's only "overhyped" if you don't believe what you're saying....the kid passed the eye test for me...

I think that Ty J is being given a chance on a  team that is looking for a spark, from an OC and HC that believe in him enough to cut proven verterans for...so relax and pick him up

"Passing the eye test" is the first syndrome of the overhype addiction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I'd rather pass than fail pal

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Would you prefer to fail the eye test?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Kerryon Johnson snap Pct% last two weeks. 57% and 54%. Ty Johnson is going to have himself stand alone value. Lions have no interest in making Kerryon a bellcow. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kerryon is a straight baller, and he’s no “league winner”. I can’t see his backup producing more even if kerryon went down.

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Kerryon Johnson snap Pct% last two weeks. 57% and 54%. Ty Johnson is going to have himself stand alone value. Lions have no interest in making Kerryon a bellcow. 

YEAH, BUT RIDICULING RW OVAH HYPE IS DE RIGUER AND IN FULL EFFECT - WHO GOTS TIME FOR FACTS, YO!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, dorsett33 said:

Ty is going to open a lot of eyes with more playing time.  Hes special.   I'm not so sure he isn't better than Kerryon Johnson already.  I see it somewhat as a Mark Ingram Alvin Kamara type comparison.  

Can people please stop comparing every backfield to Kamara/Ingram?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Kerryon is a straight baller, and he’s no “league winner”. I can’t see his backup producing more even if kerryon went down.

If the Lions follow the current script and give Ty over 40% of the snap count then for a home run hitting back off the wire you take your chances and see how this plays out. 

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

If the Lions follow the current script and give Ty over 40% of the snap count then for a home run hitting back off the wire you take your chances and see how this plays out. 

I mean I see the appeal in 12+ team leagues if they have really deep benches. I’m from the mitten and wish this kid nothing but the best. I personally just don’t see it for fantasy purposes. Like I said, just my two cents.

5 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

I mean I see the appeal in 12+ team leagues if they have really deep benches. I’m from the mitten and wish this kid nothing but the best. I personally just don’t see it for fantasy purposes. Like I said, just my two cents.

My take is more along the lines of PPR formats. I'm not pressing for Ty in standard formats unless i'm cuffing to Kerryon. In PPR i see plenty of standalone value here if the Lions follow the current script. Lions gave CJ Anderson every opportunity but he proved to be a poor change of pace back. I think the Lions want more home run hitting potential out of there backup and they look like they have it here.

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

My take is more along the lines of PPR formats. I'm not pressing for Ty in standard formats unless i'm cuffing to Kerryon. In PPR in see plenty of standalone value here if the Lions follow the current script. 

Fair enough, I could def see stash appeal in PPR. I hope I’m proved insanely wrong. 

If somebody picks this guy up in my league, I’m going to know they are on these forums and saw the “Hot” next to his thread. Double edged sword sometimes with this forum...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's really easy to poo poo guys like this. Easy pass in shallow leagues but I think in deep leagues you have to grab for a week to see what happens if you can afford it. I expect not much to happen here and to send him back to the scrap heap and cycle some other lotto ticket through that last roster spot, but you never know. If people did know the huge breakout guys would be drafted every year, but for some strange reason they're not.

• Like 2

I guess we need to pump the brakes a bit here.  The Lions did pick up Paul Perkins.  Completely tempering by Ty Johnson hype down a bit.  I'm going to give this a bit more time. 

• Like 1

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

I guess we need to pump the brakes a bit here.  The Lions did pick up Paul Perkins.  Completely tempering by Ty Johnson hype down a bit.  I'm going to give this a bit more time. 

didn't Kerryon leave the game in the 4th qtr and not return?

Perkins replaces CJA, with more versatility - nothing to see there, methinks. 

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Paul. Perkins. looooool 

3 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Perkins stinks, including the restaurants.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Why?

Would it have been smart to carry only 2 healthy RBs when kerryon gets dinged a lot?

Perkins is a depth signing in case of injury.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Why?

Would it have been smart to carry only 2 healthy RBs when kerryon gets dinged a lot?

Perkins is a depth signing in case of injury.

I agree with what you are insinuating - you need RB depth.