Sign in to follow this  
dudewithabadcat

Ty Johnson 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Ty is going to be the James white of this offense, or should I even say Alvin Kamara. He has the intangibles and the thighs PAUSE of Michael turner so you know he keeps them legs churning

if I hear one more 3rd down back compared to the "Alvin Kamara of this offense" I'm going to jump off a bridge. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Trains oftentimes don’t hit, but it doesn’t hurt to try. You might just find a “ league winner.”

Assuming Ty gets 30% of the carries.  Gets 30% of the RB targets.  Is he a better player to have in your lineup...right here...right now ...than Mattison.  Like, Mattison is a based on a dream situation where Cook dies. Ty seems to be situated to actually produce from week to week - that alone has me thinking that I need to drop Mattison for Ty.  Which would make the third Ty on my team and that would be worth it in itself (Boyd, Lockett, and Johnson)

15 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Ty is going to be the James white of this offense, or should I even say Alvin Kamara. He has the intangibles and the thighs PAUSE of Michael turner so you know he keeps them legs churning

You shouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kball09 said:

if I hear one more 3rd down back compared to the "Alvin Kamara of this offense" I'm going to jump off a bridge. 

Well the writing in the wall and the proof is in the pudding. They are going to give this guy a chance and something dynamic to this offense, just like Kamara, so yeah I compare him to kamara big deal

Edited by Watitdookie

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

Assuming Ty gets 30% of the carries.  Gets 30% of the RB targets.  Is he a better player to have in your lineup...right here...right now ...than Mattison.  Like, Mattison is a based on a dream situation where Cook dies. Ty seems to be situated to actually produce from week to week - that alone has me thinking that I need to drop Mattison for Ty.  Which would make the third Ty on my team and that would be worth it in itself (Boyd, Lockett, and Johnson)

I'm not owning a handcuff unless they have RB1 ability. Does the Lions handcuff? I doubt it. Does Mattison? Absolutely, and Cook is, you know, made of paper. Johnson is definitely not on that level. This is the same reason that everyone should stop freaking out about Jaylen Samuels. When the Steelers had a good offense last year, he was successful when he got the start. He's not worth anything this year until Conner is actually ruled out.

2 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Well the writing in the wall and the proof is in the pudding. They are going to give this guy a chance and something dynamic to this offense, just like Kamara, so yeah I compare him to kamara big deal

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Ty is going to be the dare I say Alvin Kamara.

Dont say that

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Agree to disagree.  Perkins had his moment in the sun where he had stretches that were extremely fantasy relevant.  Plus, the NYG haven't been relevant the entire time he was there.  Perhaps a new scheme, coach, etc will bring that flash in the pan that we saw from Perkins back.  

Fair enough. I think Perkins is garbage. You seem to think there's actually some talent there. Agree to disagree. 

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

Does Ty Johnson squat like two tons and drag a 18 wheeler on the offseason?  No?  Well - he is no Darwin Thompson

fixed, for current events and such -

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fixed, for current events and such -

Pretty sure I called Nyheim Hines "Kamara-lite-like" last season and then compared their combine runs and said Hines moved his head too much unlike Kamara who is the most fluid runner and steady body I have ever seen. 

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

It's all a crap shoot and a judgement call.  Mattison would likely be the lead dog getting all of Cook's touch share if something happened.  Ty might go from 30% to 55% if the Lions philosophy is simply to split carries like they are regardless of who the RB's are.   It's up to we team managers to figure out which situation will play out what way, and roster the one we like best.   I'd say the positives with Ty is the higher floor right now, in that he could step in if you had a need and u could get lucky with a big game.  The negative is that he may never be more than a 55% share guy.  So lower ceiling potentially.  With Mattison its the opposite.  He has very little value with Cook healthy, but should Cook be out of the lineup he could be a touch monster & an RB1 (I stress could).  It's up to you which you think is best to roster if it's a choice between the two.

If you have someone like Royce Freeman on your bench, then maybe the lotto ticket Mattison makes sense.  If you have Tony Pollard on your bench, then maybe the emergency playability of TJ is a better fit.  Just a thought.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I'm not owning a handcuff unless they have RB1 ability. Does the Lions handcuff? I doubt it. Does Mattison? Absolutely, and Cook is, you know, made of paper. Johnson is definitely not on that level. This is the same reason that everyone should stop freaking out about Jaylen Samuels. When the Steelers had a good offense last year, he was successful when he got the start. He's not worth anything this year until Conner is actually ruled out.

Lions fan here. I will agree that Mattison is a better "handcuff" with RB1 potential. Handcuffs are only valuable with major injuries. Whereas Ty Johnson is not quite a handcuff, he can have some standalone value as the season progresses especially in PPR. So if you ask me at this point, Ty Johnson is more valuable on your bench because he has more opportunities other than just being a " handcuff" to bring value to your team.

Just my opinion.

• Thanks 2

Someone needs to find video of his snaps from last game. Not preseason. I didn’t like him coming in to the league because he didn’t look as fast as his 40 supposedly was on tape in college and he rarely ever broke tackles from the gameplay I seen of him out of college. Now, players make improvements over time (who would have thought?). So, snaps from last game or it didn’t happen.

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Did not even think about it until you mentioned it.  Just googled one and I found a really really really terrible one.  Not gunna do it.

I hope you're not at work.

Boss: "Mr. dude, we checked your search history"

Dude: "uh..."

Boss: "why did you search for, "train boarding arse gifs"?

Dude: "uh...well you see...uh...well...you know fantasy football right...and there's this forum see...and we were talking about Ty Johnson..."

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, itsalock19 said:

Lions fan here. I will agree that Mattison is a better "handcuff" with RB1 potential. Handcuffs are only valuable with major injuries. Whereas Ty Johnson is not quite a handcuff, he can have some standalone value as the season progresses especially in PPR. So if you ask me at this point, Ty Johnson is more valuable on your bench because he has more opportunities other than just being a " handcuff" to bring value to your team.

Just my opinion.

As I noted in the Darwin thread, it's very dependent on league format. In a 12- or 10-, you're not adding Johnson and considering starting him in his current role. In deeper leagues? Yes, he does have standalone value. In standard leagues, he really doesn't.

10 minutes ago, itsalock19 said:

Just my opinion.

This is my thinking.  I think there is a lot more value with Ty than a Mattison and a Darwin at the moment.  I actually say the value in order of highest to lowest is Ty....big gap...Darwin and then Mattison. 

42 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Justice Hill wears tape on his arms much like Kamara. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, itsalock19 said:

Just my opinion.

To picky back on that, they got rid of Theo Riddick, who’s had fantasy value of weekly 8-10 points in PPR. Now they made a personal decision with CJA by waiving him. Cj got 6 carries in week 2 and now that’s 6 more touches added on to Ty Johnson who already had 7 touches last week. So 7+6= 13 touches/targets/opportunities that Ty Johnson is going to have. So pick him up as a stash see what happens

• Like 1

Thank goodness, I finally found where the Christine Michael followers landed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Thank goodness, I finally found where the Christine Michael followers landed.

I'll be taking bets on whether he's called Chris Carson or Alvin Kamara (again) first. Any takers?

Next Kamara?????

i love you guys