Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

This has been a weird season where you got guys drafted mid-late rounds outproducing players drafted in the early rounds

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HTXMade said:

This has been a weird season where you got guys drafted mid-late rounds outproducing players drafted in the early rounds

Feels that way.   Many big time players start slow but there seems like way more of these out there right now.   Its a good time to buy low maybe?   

Now its time to figure out who is toast and who is just slightly slow to start.   

Edited by BrianM
  • Like 1

Wasted my number 2 pick on Mixon and my number 5 pick on A. Rodgers

1 minute ago, kretan182 said:

Based on his thread, it may be a buy low consideration. Giving up on him after two games, just like the Aaron Jones peeps gave up on him after one game.

9 hours ago, Godeep said:

Sat Golladay and played DJax in my flex... sat Waller and played Howard. Double goose. Instead of losing by 3 right now with Ryan still playing, lost by 43 so far.

Never sit Golladay.

DJAX has been inconsistent forever

Howard has Winston while Waller is probably the #1 target for Carr.

1 hour ago, HTXMade said:

Actually happened last year too. The cream starts to rise after about 6 games. It's just more film out there at that point. The guys for the playoffs are going to be these studs that were drafted early, for the most part. Easy kemo sabe, better days are ahead.

• Like 2

About to be 0-2 with LJax as my QB because I keep going against the high scorer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kretan182 said:

3 of my top 8 picks in 2 leagues are already toast. They also happen to be the only 3 I owned in multiple leagues:

Henry

Guice

Lat Murray (consider him droppable if Brees is out for extended time)

Also own 1 share of Thomas whose value takes a massive hit. 

Having a great team with depth matters a bunch during bye weeks but without bye weeks, it’s basically a guessing game who to play with zero clue who may ultimately score more.

Example- having to pick between Ridley/Mack and Engram/Waller. If I played Ridley, I win. 

I need to play these best ball things.

1 minute ago, dsrich said:

Having a great team with depth matters a bunch during bye weeks but without bye weeks, it’s basically a guessing game who to play with zero clue who may ultimately score more.

Example- having to pick between Ridley/Mack and Engram/Waller. If I played Ridley, I win. 

I need to play these best ball things.

Yeah im stacked at wr with hilton, ridley, mclaurin, Ross and started Hilton who scored the lowest of the 4. Its a blessing and a curse. 

• Like 1

Example: Having Hopkins, Mixon, McCoy in my starting lineup and having Kupp, Mike Williams, John Brown and Darren Waller on my bench. Oh, and starting Baltimore over Green Bay on defense. If I change any one of those, I win my game instead of losing by 1.8 and starting the season in an 0-2 hole. But that's just how it goes every week for me now - my bench always outscores my starters, sometimes uniformly, no matter how many hours I spend researching lineup decisions.

• Like 2

Here's a good one.  I added Will Dissly earlier in the week after I lost Henry on 2 teams.  

Then I read the waiver wire thread and was sold on Gesicki, so I swapped them out.  

I'm sure I'll be able to re-add Dissly and he'll promptly give me a goose egg while Gesicki blows up next week, and I'll be back here to complain about it.  

• Haha 1

Looking at an 0-2 start for my team trying to win 3 straight ships.  All because I took Conner over Cook in my draft.  Planned all along to go Cook and Chubb, but then made the mistake of going into Conner thread and getting sold on how awesome he would be again this year.  With Cook I would be 2-0, should of gone with my original plan and my gut telling me Cook would have a bounce back year.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DLG10 said:

Never sit Golladay.

DJAX has been inconsistent forever

Howard has Winston while Waller is probably the #1 target for Carr.

Was down big because of Howard, swung for the fences with DJax. Lesson learned

5 hours ago, BrianM said:

Feels that way.   Many big time players start slow but there seems like way more of these out there right now.   Its a good time to buy low maybe?   

Now its time to figure out who is toast and who is just slightly slow to start.   

Might have to do with lack of preseason play so the first few games is like preseason.

1 hour ago, chief79 said:

Looking at an 0-2 start for my team trying to win 3 straight ships.  All because I took Conner over Cook in my draft.  Planned all along to go Cook and Chubb, but then made the mistake of going into Conner thread and getting sold on how awesome he would be again this year.  With Cook I would be 2-0, should of gone with my original plan and my gut telling me Cook would have a bounce back year.  

source.gif

• Haha 2

Honestly that's funny because I think the Conner thread had me fading him.   Whomever the guy was that preached about Munchak leaving being a big deal- it was you that got to me.  

• Like 1

Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu  Josh Jacobs, Hockamania, Chicago D, Josh Gordon, and Shady McCoy.

I had 4 of those going in the PM games with an 8 point lead and playing vs. Carson Wentz in the night game.  Still freaking lost.

27 minutes ago, RockSexton said:

Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu  Josh Jacobs, Hockamania, Chicago D, Josh Gordon, and Shady McCoy.

I had 4 of those going in the PM games with an 8 point lead and playing vs. Carson Wentz in the night game.  Still freaking lost.

Actually the 4th guy was David Montgomery

8 hours ago, yanksman said:

About to be 0-2 with LJax as my QB because I keep going against the high scorer.

Same