Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

2 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

All right, what are the odds of getting out of an 0-3 hole? I could just as easily be 3-0, but guessed wrong every week on bench vs starters and lost three close games. How do I change that bad karma?

In the same position as you, so far I keep overthinking something and making the wrong call and it's costed me wins.  

10 minutes ago, ZappB said:

In the same position as you, so far I keep overthinking something and making the wrong call and it's costed me wins.  

I would kill to be in your guys's positions, assuming your team is still intact.

I'm in the 0-3 hole and just lost Barkley, my season is ******

• Like 1

12 team league, H2H. 

One of the teams is now 3-0 after facing the 2nd lowest point total week 1, lowest point total week 2, and lowest point total week 3. 

This 3-0 team has had the second lowest point total in the league for two of its wins. 

LOL

3 weeks of football and my fantasy team has combined for 4 tds. We start Qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, k, def. And 4 freaking total tds. My opponent had 6 this week alone. Can only get better right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

3 weeks of football and my fantasy team has combined for 4 tds. We start Qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, flex, k, def. And 4 freaking total tds. My opponent had 6 this week alone. Can only get better right?

Who do you have?  Sounds like my roster.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugginroot said:

Who do you have?  Sounds like my roster.

Had Big Ben, but currently, Allen, Rivers-Chubb, Conner, McCoy, R Freeman- Woods, Boyd, Golladay, Scary Terry, Gallup-Kittle, Waller-Greg leg, Rams D. Honestly most is my fault with getting too cute with lineup, combined with questionable drafting.

• Like 1

Bench Sammy Watkins week 1. gave my bench 52 pts

Start Sammy week 2 and 3. For those two week he scored 22 

Oh man that is frustrating.

I would like to take a moment to rant about Sony Michel.  What the??

20 Team League.  Seemed to be in the drivers seat of my Week 3 matchup, heading into last night with a 24 point lead.  I had Vernon Davis, & my opposition had Tarik Cohen....and you guessed it, Taylor Gabriel.  Needless to say we all know the outcome.  Lost by 1.66 points.....TG did just enough before leaving with a second half concussion.   Three touchdowns in a quarter is downright ridiculous.   I'd guess that Gabriel won't score another 3 TD total for the remainder of the season.  My Luck :(   

• Like 3

0-3 in a league. Most points scored against by about 50 points.  3rd highest points for though.  Lost this past week 129 to 141.  Last week lost 113-168. First week lost 122 to 131.

Meanwhile some games in my league will have finals of 95-86. 

• Like 1

1-2 so far, highest scoring team by a good margin and highest scored on team by a larger margin.

Meanwhile, the first place team is 3-0 and he’s the least scored on team in the league (320 points vs 527 for me) 

I hate fantasy, but I know my teams strong enough to outlast this bull****. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

0-3 in a league. Most points scored against by about 50 points.  3rd highest points for though.  Lost this past week 129 to 141.  Last week lost 113-168. First week lost 122 to 131.

This is my team. It’s unbelievable. Last week was down big but had Ryan, Julio, Ridley, but thought I had no chance. Got  the lead on Julio’s long TD at the end, only to lose on Ryan’s kneel down to end the game. 

This week I was up about 8 going against ARob/chi K. Thought I had no chance, going in, but towards the end I started to get my homes up. Ended up losing by 1.5 on that last FG.

0-3. 2nd most points scored and 110 more points than the least points scored team (who is 2-1). 30 more points against than the next highest and 160 more points against than the least points against team. 😢

16 minutes ago, nromn said:

This is my team. It’s unbelievable. Last week was down big but had Ryan, Julio, Ridley, but thought I had no chance. Got  the lead on Julio’s long TD at the end, only to lose on Ryan’s kneel down to end the game. 

This week I was up about 8 going against ARob/chi K. Thought I had no chance, going in, but towards the end I started to get my homes up. Ended up losing by 1.5 on that last FG.

0-3. 2nd most points scored and 110 more points than the least points scored team (who is 2-1). 30 more points against than the next highest and 160 more points against than the least points against team. 😢

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nromn said:

Rip. The guy I lost to in the first week where he got 130+ scored 92 the next week and 105 this past week.  Guy I lost to this week had in the 80s last week. 

2 hours ago, HandSchaub said:

1-2 so far, highest scoring team by a good margin and highest scored on team by a larger margin.

Meanwhile, the first place team is 3-0 and he’s the least scored on team in the league (320 points vs 527 for me) 

I hate fantasy, but I know my teams strong enough to outlast this bull****. 

Right there is the reason all fantasy leagues should structure the playoff spot like High stakes fantasy does. 

1 seed goes to top record

2 seed goes to top points(or 2nd if top record has top points)

3 seed goes to best record not in yet

4 seed goes to top points not in yet.  Same for 5 and 6 if you have that many spots.  Gets rid of the total luck factor.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mbell317 said:

12 team league, H2H. 

One of the teams is now 3-0 after facing the 2nd lowest point total week 1, lowest point total week 2, and lowest point total week 3. 

This 3-0 team has had the second lowest point total in the league for two of its wins. 

LOL

I hate you

22 hours ago, atrium said:

I would kill to be in your guys's positions, assuming your team is still intact.

I'm in the 0-3 hole and just lost Barkley, my season is ******

Also 0-3 and lost barkley and maybe Hilton. 

• Like 1

Not only did my 0-3 a** lose by 3 points because all of my bench/starter decisions were wrong (and I'm still bitter about that McCoy "emergency situation only" update right before kickoff, which cost me about 15 fantasy points all told), but I lost to a guy who just dropped Stefon Diggs for Jeff Wilson, Jr. It just keeps getting more and more absurd.

6 hours ago, GuyBroMan said:

I hate you

hah. i don't think he's saying that's HIS team. It's one of the other teams in the league. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Not only did my 0-3 a** lose by 3 points because all of my bench/starter decisions were wrong (and I'm still bitter about that McCoy "emergency situation only" update right before kickoff, which cost me about 15 fantasy points all told), but I lost to a guy who just dropped Stefon Diggs for Jeff Wilson, Jr. It just keeps getting more and more absurd.

Nice sig. Although I'd say if the "skill" among managers in a given league is comparable, it's more like 65% 

RBs drafted:

Saquon

Gurley

Kerryon

Duke

Latavius

If y'all ever need advice on which running back NOT to take, just ask me who I drafted

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, GurleyMan said:

Same boat as you. 0-3. Scoring well- 3rd most, but good lord every freak blow-up seems to be on the team I'm up against. Most points against by 60. And about 160 more points against than the 1st place team. How does that happen in 3 weeks? Lost last week 188.0-186.6.

Frustrating is an understatement.

8 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

Same boat as you. 0-3. Scoring well- 3rd most, but good lord every freak blow-up seems to be on the team I'm up against. Most points against by 60. And about 160 more points against than the 1st place team. How does that happen in 3 weeks? Lost last week 188.0-186.6.

Frustrating is an understatement.

Had one of those in week 2. Julio brought me back after a zero from Desean Jackson, then got my soul crushed by OBJ on that ridiculous catch and run. Margin was only a couple of points. 

Edited by FitzMagic

I’m having a rough beginning of the fantasy year too. Lost week 1 by 7.48 because of mostly OJ Howard, got blown out week 2 by 35 because I gave Howard another chance and played DJax. Lost this week after putting up the 2nd highest of the week, by .22 because of Golladay. Can’t catch a break. Now this week I have no idea who I should be starting in WR and Flex. Kinda unsure about my RB# 2 too. Fantasy is giving me gray hair. Now sitting at 0-3 projected to get blown out by someone with 3 Chargers against Miami that have super high projections for week 4. 😡 

Edited by Godeep