Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

4 hours ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

The Kansas City Chiefs backfield: All of it. Everywhere. Every last one of 'em.

Week after week. All the time. Forever.

And ever.

And ever again.....

Screw 'em all to hell.

The bane of my Goddamn existence; that's what those guys are.

Wait, I'm allowed to say Goddamn on here, right? 

So long as I capitalize any/all usage in any/all forms for any/all word(s) containing the word "God"; am I understanding this correctly??

Ehh whatever; as if the 2019 Chiefs backfield isn't proof enough that - whether expressed in a capitalized manner or not - there is no God.

So like I was saying; the Chiefs backfield...

I shake my fist at you with one hand, and I extend to you my middle finger with the other.

well done, sir. quality rant here.

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

F************ck!!! 

another quality rant. short and to the point. i am sorry for whatever caused you such epic frustration. 

for both of you

spacer.png

i hope both your seasons turn around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

lost by 5, 4, 3 and 2 points. If that Wilson and lockett td would have stayed, I would have won all four.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NyjersInParis said:

lost by 5, 4, 3 and 2 points. If that Wilson and lockett td would have stayed, I would have won all four.

Dang man.. condolences! 

23 minutes ago, yossarian said:

another quality rant. short and to the point. i am sorry for whatever caused you such epic frustration. 

Where to begin? Benched Hunter Henry for Noah Fant. It's an all-play league, so that one decision cost me 4 wins. I have now had 5 players go off for 29 or more points on my bench this year (John Ross and Marquise Brown in week 1, Lindsay in week 3, Jameis in week 4, and Henry in week 6).  Still, I needed 26 points tonight from Golladay and Jones to at least stay ahead of the team I'm jostling with for a final playoff spot. I got 25 points. 

• Like 1

Scored 50.1 pts in ESPN with Goff, Kamara, AJones, MThomas, KAllen, Hockenson, TEN D, and Slye who was my leading scorer with 13 pts(and the only one in double digits). This after scoring 142 the week before. In fact, it's been the most boom/bust team I can remember having, from W1-W6, I've scored 80/99/154/83/142/50

9 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Welcome to the club. Diggs did me in this weekend. To 3-3 I go. leading the league in points and having most points scored against. Fantasy is probably 50% skill and 50% luck. Two of my losses came via two different players from my opponents that did nothing leading up to the week I played them. It's pretty ridiculous but that's fantasy for you. Oh, and I lost to an 0-5 team.

The ratio is more like 10% "skill" and 90% luck, lets be honest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JCDaly said:

Scored 50.1 pts in ESPN with Goff, Kamara, AJones, MThomas, KAllen, Hockenson, TEN D, and Slye who was my leading scorer with 13 pts(and the only one in double digits). This after scoring 142 the week before. In fact, it's been the most boom/bust team I can remember having, from W1-W6, I've scored 80/99/154/83/142/50

stacked lineup too. I would have sold high on Allen.. that window could be closed though.

36 minutes ago, kretan182 said:

The ratio is more like 10% "skill" and 90% luck, lets be honest.

Probably. I was just pandering to the fantasy experts here. 😂

Aaron Jones puts up 45 points last week to help defeat my 160 point fantasy total last week.

He could barely muster 5 points last night against a team I really needed to lose.

As a Bears, I clearly was not rooting for either team in MNF, but the Lions got GOT by the refs last night!!  That was some Patriots/Cowboys level of assistance from the refs on two terrible hands to the face calls and I truly feel bad for Lions fans on this forum.  I mean as a ref you literally have one job to do and you do it one day a week...it's baffling the rate at which they can blatantly F up when they only work a few hours on a Sunday.  To be fair, with how terrible NFL corporate is and the trash commissioner, I am not surprised his s*** rolls down hill and rubs off on the awful officials.  I am sure they won't be held accountable and will just be trotted out there next Sunday to screw over another team.  Honestly, I truly could care less about either of these teams (I mean one fan base wears stupid cheese heads and the other one cheers for a team that once went 0-16), but for today, I have the utmost sympathy if you root for the Lions...

and scene!

• Like 2

I was behind by 5 pts coming into Monday Night. I had Aaron Rodgers left and all my opponent had was Matt Prater.

I love FF.

• Haha 1

My opponent had Rodgers going last night.    I woke up and he beat me 123.76- 123.78...…..  Last year I won two games with tiny margins and ultimately lost them on Thursday with stat corrections.    Lets see if the Fantasy gods pay me back!   

1 hour ago, jmoney23 said:

As a Bears, I clearly was not rooting for either team in MNF, but the Lions got GOT by the refs last night!!  That was some Patriots/Cowboys level of assistance from the refs on two terrible hands to the face calls and I truly feel bad for Lions fans on this forum.  I mean as a ref you literally have one job to do and you do it one day a week...it's baffling the rate at which they can blatantly F up when they only work a few hours on a Sunday.  To be fair, with how terrible NFL corporate is and the trash commissioner, I am not surprised his s*** rolls down hill and rubs off on the awful officials.  I am sure they won't be held accountable and will just be trotted out there next Sunday to screw over another team.  Honestly, I truly could care less about either of these teams (I mean one fan base wears stupid cheese heads and the other one cheers for a team that once went 0-16), but for today, I have the utmost sympathy if you root for the Lions...

and scene!

If that wasn't called before Aaron Rodgers threw that touchdown I might've won...

I had a helluva week.

Evans drops a 75 yard td

Aaron Jones drops a 33 yard td

Hockenson drops a 5 yard td

Lockett scores a td, BUT, reversed on a replay which may or may not have shown him down at the 1 inch line

I have now played against Evans, Aaron jones, fuller, and Diggs. All on their highest scoring weeks. 

3rd in my league in points and sitting at 1-5. But at least I got my first win this week!

So I was doing some of the math... Because I'm a nerd.

Through 6 games, I'm the points leader. I've scored 878.3 points in PPR in an 8-teamer (shallow league, I know). That's an average of 146.4 points/week. 

The league average [including me] is 125.7 points/game, or 122.7 not including my team.

I've never scored less than that. In fact, my lowest game all season has been 130.3 points. So it's not like I've had any *bad* weeks.

However I also have the most points scored against me at 820.4, or 136.7 per game. So my opponents on average are scoring 14 more points against me each week than they would relative to trend. 

The worst week I would have had against the league in general would have been a 4-3. I'd have three 5-2 weeks and two 7-0 weeks.

Cumulatively, if you looked at my record against all 7 teams in the league each week, I'd be 33-9. 

Yet... I'm at 3-3 and in 5th place. And this week I'm facing the second leading overall points scorer for the first time, and trying to avoid 3-4. 

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I have now played against Evans, Aaron jones, fuller, and Diggs. All on their highest scoring weeks. 

Please take a screenshot of your opponent's roster this week. Inquiring minds want to know.

• Haha 1

Picked up Melvin Gordon week 1 after his owner dumped him,

1 week before, I traded away josh jacobs and robert woods for DEANDRE HOPKINS, anticipating that I have an RB1 and a WR1 ROS.

Now that I sent away Jacobs who seems to be better than Gordon, and hopkins isnt doing me much favor. YAHOO

On my main league I've had 710 points scored against me in standard. Most in the league by like 60. Average of 118 a game :(

I'm 3-3 despite being 2nd in points scored (only 9 behind 1st)

1 hour ago, 16kredit said:

1 week before, I traded away josh jacobs and robert woods for DEANDRE HOPKINS, anticipating that I have an RB1 and a WR1 ROS.

Now that I sent away Jacobs who seems to be better than Gordon, and hopkins isnt doing me much favor. YAHOO

This is an overreaction. You killed it. Relax. 

20 minutes ago, 16kredit said:

With all due respect, you were able to pick up Melvin Gordon for free off of waivers.

In the all of 2 games he's been around to start getting reacclimated as a high usage NFL running back, he hasn't hit yet. (A) he has many more games to get something going. (B) It's highly probable that at some point he'll deliver. (C) In all likelihood, that eventual delivery from Gordon will happen sooner rather than later, and (D) Even C or B doesn't come to fruition, might I remind you...you got Melvin Gordon off of waivers. Which means you got him at no real cost.

You spent zero draft capital on him, and because you didn't have to trade for him either, it also means you didn't have to give up a single asset (let alone assets - plural) to acquire him. Anything you get from Gordon -- even if's merely just low-end RB2 production, middling flex, or blah RB-3 stuff -- literally anything, it's all pure profit. Hell, not that I suggest doing this (cause I don't), but you could sell low on Gordon today and swing him for, I dunno, Courtland Sutton for example, and regardless as to how things shake out, even if you got smoked on that trade, it'd still be pure profit for you

And with respects to DeAndre Hopkins - the guy you received in the trade you mentioned - although he's been disappointing to date, at this juncture, with still 2/3's of the season left to go, he'd still be considered the best player in deal you cited, and rightfully so. Not to mention, Robert Woods, one of the guys you gave up for Hopkins, outside of one big game, has been more or less invisible; unequivocally worse than the albeit disappointing, but far from terrible, Hopkins production to date...1/3 of the way through.  Josh Jacobs too. Since you dealt him away, he's had one excellent game, three so-so games, and one bye. Hardly world-beating stuff you've missed out on.

I'm sorry but -- and again, I say this with all due respect considering the nature/spirit of this thread -- but taking everything into account, I have to invalidate this vent. This one falls on deaf ears. World's smallest violin stuff right here. 

**Seriously though, no offense intended; and I say that absent of sarcasm**

7 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

stacked lineup too. I would have sold high on Allen.. that window could be closed though.

Yeah, I've always been a fan of Allen's and thought he could at the very least get me consistent yardage in the face of TD volatility, but last 3 weeks don't even add up to 100 in yardage. And now he gets to face TEN and CHI back to back. Yup, there is no window